My 74 Soldier Setup

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mowtown
Little Leet

My 74 Soldier Setup

Post by Mowtown »

Just thought i would show you what my 74 Soldier Setup and atm is a very good pvp and towers. Since making this toon i have still seen better and bigger things so i know there is always room for improvment and a few items in this was when i was mid twink hence the pillows.But once again if it helps you on to bigger and better things and give u some ideas happy to help 8-)
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=124700

I will get around to putting my imps in that one day aswell lol

Kind Reguards.

Mr Mowtown.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Re: My 74 Soldier Setup

Post by cutiecub »

Can someone pls make cheapass setups pls :-).
Mowtown
Little Leet

Post by Mowtown »

lol sorry 8-)
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

its ok I'm used to it, mostly goes like this:

Ah AI armour, close window :)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Cutie if you are stuck for credz to get AI armour and you have LE then OFAB is pretty ok. As long as you spend the time to farm and then type. In some spots OFAB > AI anyhow. For the most part Soldi's are fairly expensive because a lot of items will be in high demand and the profession is alot about AR and AR = Expensive. To type if you have a toon that can team with my 220 advy i'd be happy to blitz some LE mish for types. Can do 1 every 3 mins or so, so if you want to roll for an hour we can do 20 or so and see how you go (i need types too anyhow :P ).

If you go PvM you can be forgiven for not having the best of the best because your gun will have good dmg anyhow and you dont often miss a mob, PvP you will need to be pretty twinked.

I'd say pick one character that you want to concentrate on for the best of the best and then level it and use it to cred farm your other toon. Trying to pimp out 2 toons sub 200 with no 220 toon is going to be very hard.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Actually soldiers can be made pretty cheap. Cheaper than most profs (well excluding docs or NTs) and still perform good.

Why? Alot of their slots don't need AI armor at all, or if they do need AI armor there's a good substitute for it. :) If you're too poor to afford AI armor you could get something like this: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=129001

In the end though, if you want to do _great_ at pvp (and not just "decent" for a toon with so little cash invested), you'll have to get AI armor and invest a lot of cash and time to pimp out.

Then you would get QL300 CC armor in boots, pants, and sleeves slots (in that order). For shoulders/SEhelm/back/pads/gloves, Ofab is better than QL300 CC.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

pen ofab is great too BUT:

When youre in a lvl slot with no BS action you have to do tons of mish to farm a small bit of VP.
And i have luck since my sol is in one off the dead slots :(.

Gone get him ready for S10 and hope to make some creds with him.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

cutiecub wrote:pen ofab is great too BUT:

When youre in a lvl slot with no BS action you have to do tons of mish to farm a small bit of VP.
And i have luck since my sol is in one off the dead slots :(.

Gone get him ready for S10 and hope to make some creds with him.
So get to 150 first.. ;)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Ah was shure abut S 10 for max 149 or 150.
The BS for 150 is crowded so would be good source.

Thx for nice setup alpha.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

yeah cutie gogogo 150. Until then if you get a 200 SPB on and have decent AC's you should be able to handle Ely hecks no probs. Your alpha can all but take care of a heck and in a team (hopefully) the damage should come fast enough that you dont get hit too much anyhow.

At 150 in BS you will still have a fairly tough time being really great but at least you can just AMS/TMS and FA/Burst a bit and see if you cant grab a few kills.