220 set up

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Re: 220 set up

Post by Alphacenta »

Brain Freeze is not really needed unless you are going to be dueling Atroxes.

Debuff Psychic --> no more 2s nanodelta tick for that dum'trox --> combine with Dead Man Walking and/or Ring of Sister Merciless and the bugger will have a hard time getting nano to cast stuff. Of course the good pvpers are prepared for this (have some item to swap as compensation for psychic loss), but 'tis still cool and you'd be surprised how many will fall for this. :) Do note, you won't notice the effects immediately (a la GTH) with the size nanopools are these days.. but after a while, you'll be sure to notice the difference.

Should work especially nice against Trox Advies, Enforcers, Doctors, and Agents as they all rely for a big part on casting nanos for defense.

Anyhow, can't hurt to get it. And if you happen to have time left on BS and want to annoy some Atrox alot.. this nano can be your friend as well. ;)

----------

XP perks (and any other %xp modifying items) do work on Research and AXP. The catch is, that xp/sk from your lost-sk-pool can NOT be regained into Research. So you can't die after getting inf mish reward to research at triple speed off normal mobs thanks to sk pool after that. :)

RUlzie is right that Tiger needs the right setup to support it. Probably going to end up with CSS and/or AS implants if you take that route, but if you finish the setup Tiger is probably the way to go for AS setups - far beyond Arbalest or Sapphistic or Ithaca. Silverback Mk 6 is better (more support in perks, Duckexp check, Easy Shot perk) however it's no longer possible to equip for non-traders. :(

-----------

If you ever decide to start doing some more pvp, and twinked out some more and hit 220, I'll be willing to open up a can of nasty tricks and show you how to use them on Agents for you. Bureaucrats have a LOT of different ways to disable us.. most crats only bother to spam Living Enbalming and hope for a stunproc though - it's needless to say this tactic does not impress me, at all. ;)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Probably going to end up with CSS and/or AS implants if you take that route, but if you finish the setup Tiger is probably the way to go for AS setups - far beyond Arbalest or Sapphistic or Ithaca.
I still don't agree with this, with a QL200 tiger and 1200 AS skill (fairly realistic, 814 base, no scope in HUD3), you'll end up with an AS recharge of 28 seconds, versus 12 seconds from the Arbalest, and 373 base damage versus 330. Sapp has a longer AS recharge and lower damage than Arbalest, and Ithaca is only interesting because of the evades it adds.

If you have a full set of CSS, 300 imps, and feel that losing 150 AAD is worth it for a fast-ish cap-ish AS, then by all means, Tiger is sweet. If you don't want to make those sacrifices and/or don't have those funds, then Tiger quickly loses ground to the other options.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Rulzern wrote:
Probably going to end up with CSS and/or AS implants if you take that route, but if you finish the setup Tiger is probably the way to go for AS setups - far beyond Arbalest or Sapphistic or Ithaca.
I still don't agree with this, with a QL200 tiger and 1200 AS skill (fairly realistic, 814 base, no scope in HUD3), you'll end up with an AS recharge of 28 seconds, versus 12 seconds from the Arbalest, and 373 base damage versus 330. Sapp has a longer AS recharge and lower damage than Arbalest, and Ithaca is only interesting because of the evades it adds.

If you have a full set of CSS, 300 imps, and feel that losing 150 AAD is worth it for a fast-ish cap-ish AS, then by all means, Tiger is sweet. If you don't want to make those sacrifices and/or don't have those funds, then Tiger quickly loses ground to the other options.
As said... if you use CSS/AS implants (should have mentioned scope too) to get the recharge down to 11-12s.

Ithaca is also interesting because of the duckexp check, and Easy Shot perk, although for the rest it is a rather crap weapon.

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

heh you guys are all way too smart.

I got a basic inf dust brigade bracer and now need to do DB2 to get it up and running. I have one +20 complit gun and i have the +200 cyborg board thingo, chem gloves (+50). With that and some perking into the complit line and some buffs and complit imps i should be able to upgrade it easily. Just need those 10 infusers, which i hope i can get without a huge amount of time.

Still havent equipped the Surv predictor. But it should be pretty easy.

Have a ql295 CS pair of pants, yay. Still all +30 to skills i think with a few less AC.

Still in need of better control symbs. Not even going to worry until i hit 220. No point buying 250's then levelling and being able to put in 270's (with DB items etc).

Up to 12K in VP now. Clan had a good run a few times for 4 wins ftw.... (too many wins). 18K to go for the OFAB back, then the fun starts all over for the head. May get the gloves for the sense buff to twink in sense based items but there's time for that later.

Was in a team where the Alb bracer dropped but didnt win the roll :(. I hear Crats can/could solo the area so can maybe go there when i'm a bit less gimpy. Also got to AI15, i'm finding adrift rift so very boring. Fast AXP but after an hour or so of basically doing /follow ...perk....perk...perk i go brain dead. And then there's inf..... 220 will be for after i return from holiday
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

An endgame crat in full CSS and (QL300) AS implants has ~1375 AS skill, which gives a ~23-second AS recharge. You can get it down to ~13 seconds with scope, and capped with a tower. That involves sacrificing:

150 def rating from HUD3 (down to about 3050-3150 static def)
Bright SI or PM from eye (lower AR on calms and roots/snares and init debuffs)
Faded TS from eye (Lower AR on roots/snares)
20 AAD from helmet
10 evades from gloves

Now, I'm not contesting that it's a good option, but I don't agree that it's unconditionally the best choice for an AS setup.

About crats soloing in Alba, it's possible, but it's in no way practical unless you like soloing. I think it can be fairly fun at times, very hectic, but you'll get more phatz in a team. :p
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Btw, for a def setup I would say, pick ofab gloves for +40 evades ;) +75 pistol could be nice aswell for equiping and keeping better pistols unOE :)

||))
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

OFAB gloves to start with, but if he's not using pistols, theres really no point. consider:

30 to AS
30 to shotgun/pistol/bow/rifle
15 to AAO

And 30 to evades.

But, they also cost 500m more too.

However, as with all things AO, what is good must be grinded till you puke.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Crat update time....

Ok so the setup looks a little bad from the symbs point of view. Still have the oooooold symbs in from around ql 140-170 i think. Decided no point in buying better ones then having to get Xan ones and then having to get intel ones. So atm collecting Xan symbs to equip. So far i have about 6/11 or 7/11 not sure. Control where i can but have 2 exterm, head and wrist i think. Neither makes a huge difference compared to control. So exterm will do.

Got ql 295 CS pants, 300 CS sleevesx2. Ofab gloves (not upgraded yet.. wtb type 468....), Ofab back (yay)! and 1/3 the way to ofab headgear. Using DB boots and DB spirit tech chest. I think i should go CS chest for the evades. PvM the jathos is good but i dont want to lose too many nano points from the CS. Not sure about the boots. Sturdy detention boots would be nice i guess for PvP, Or i wonder should i go CS? Still missing a MoTR, IS anyone?, but do have the alappa shoulder (yay)

Have the Alien defensive thing, 2xAlb defensive hud, nanodeck (not stellar), dread survival pred and i think i space for the vision preservation thing. and then it should be complete.

No wrist items yet as the DB bracer hasnt been upgraded. Do have "some" twinking gear for the 1800 cl needed to upgrade it but should be a cake walk.

Dont have the Alb bracer yet, wtb :(

Dont have any cool rings. 2x7% iq rings for levelling and 1x HHAB. Need to get some ring ideas. Other than the 24K ofab ring. Some nice suggestions would be cool.

Still need the Protected NCU and the other DB ncu for abilities. Also need the s28 belt (omg who doesnt), upgrade is rotting in the bank.

PvP is starting to get better. I beat a crat hands down 3x in a row last time. He was 220 but obviously couldnt work around having his pets rooted. I also can take down a shade or two. Advy/soldi/agent/trader i have no answer for. Advy's are hard to root and have very fast alphas, as with some shades. I cant seem to permaroot Antitrinity3, though others i can. Soldiers i just pray that carlo interrupts AMS and that the FA/Burst combi doesnt hit. An MP i can deal with if i can root the pets and tell the bots to attack before i get NSD'd.

What is the tactic if i cant root someone? I dont have enough RS to kite really (not that i want to), but my defenses dont seem to stop many attacks. I'm pretty much perk food for shades and enfo's and advy's. All in all though i have quite successfully become very annoying in BS. still the occasional WTF gank, but other than that i dont go too bad.

PvM i'm hopeless. I still get hit alot, too many times to be normal. Solo i have started to notice the difference stuns make. But i'm still quite unlucky with stuns.

OH....

Weapons... I think i should get a ql199 Kyr'ozch pistol? Super said type 4 as it will help with the stun procs? Or should i stick to the fling shot? I guess a nice burst wouldnt help in bs. Not that i ever hit anything.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

How to pox an agent in PvP:

- Tactic one: STUN STUN STUN LOLOL. This one is an epic fail against decent agents (usually with evades), but works good against noobs. Involves spamming specials, Living Enbalming, and hoping your stunprocs work nicely + he doesn't get a CH in. ;)

- Tactic two: Initdebuff to hell and back (starting with Nanite Advanced Red Tape because of the 80% NR check, and then the new Malaise). Once your initdebuffs are on him, stunprocs/nukes. Usually your pets can get an interrupt in. Of course he will start to CH at some point, and that's why you can run Weekend Volunteer (pvp fear) on him right before his CH finishes, so it gets interrupted. :twisted: No, the fear trick hasn't been used on me ... yet. But it will royally mess the agent up, I'll guarantee you that.

- Tactic three: AAAAAH WTB NANO!1!! This one involves using Ring of Sister Merciless, and standing next to the agent and recasting Dead Man Walking repeatedly. I would save Implode for your alpha, it drains -2k nano too (not halved by pvp rules). DMW is like a -2k nanodrain when you recast it, rather than -1k nanodrain when you simply let it pulse every 18s. Plus that recasting it every 5s is like three times as fast as letting it pulse. ;) For the record, Opifex agents will have around 8k (no IP in nanopool) to 12k (IP into nanopool) nano. Add 1k if they have an ACDC. Almost no nanodelta. If you combine your nanodraining tools correctly... deadly. Chucking in the new Malaise here might be smart too, just in case he manages to scrape enough nano together to CH you can stop it with a fear (and odds are he had to stim nano for that, now he can't use Free Movement to remove your nano stun!).

Tactic one is often used by noob crats on me. Tactic two is often used by good to decent crats on me. Tactic three hasn't really been used on me yet - but I would certainly recommend to give it a go, I sure know what messes my prof up. :)

I think it is needless to say that landing DMW at least once on the agent will be a great help for all the tactics, -410 NR will make landing initdebuffs/stuns/nukes far far easier.

It will probably be hard to live long enough to finish all the initdebuffs casting and then also kill the agent, I know.. either way if you feel the fight will be hard (and worth it) you could use your nanomage cocoon to suck up all our damage procs (Shock, Waves) so you live longer even though our AS might instantly rip through your absorb.

Make creative use of roots/snares/fears/LOS if you need a few more seconds before your heal stims are back, keep in mind the agent can't touch you until his AS recharges which takes 11.6 seconds (so don't root n run right after an AS, instead wail away at him for a bit more and then make sure you're gone JUST before his AS is back up). If you're using roots/snares/fears to abuse LOS, or just get the hell out, make sure you do /pet wait (planning to come back) or /pet follow (cya later dewd!) so your pets don't break the root/snare/fear!!

Use Battle healing kits (the ones you have to sit for that lock T&S). First Aid stims. Get HoT nanos, pimp out on healdelta, if you are out of LOS and trying to recharge your health fast don't be afraid to sit down and let your healdelta kick in.

Swapping out hp items gradually in the fight might work too (Paragon becomes Collar Casero, eJathos chest becomes CS chest or Mystical Force, etc) so that his AS does far less damage and your healing tools work relatively better.

A good agent will very likely try to UBT your pets ASAP. With the new HHAB you can get around that and remove it once you have debuffed him enough that he can't worry about recasting anymore. Of course you don't have the new prof HHAB yet, so you could /pet terminate your CEO Guardian ONLY, and have a new shell ready to pop in your inventory. Unbuffed pet without UBT > buffed pet with UBT.

If the agent is NR2 perked and has evades, you're screwed though because crats rely on debuffing the agent, to kill it.

PS: If you know you can't kill a certain agent, simply cast (Normalised) Improved Red Tape and Nanite Advanced Red Tape on him, use Weekend Volunteer, and run. NOTHING pisses us off more than being debuffed so we can't instacast CH, and being unable to remove the debuff (for a bloody SIX minutes!). Then later you can just try again with the other debuffs, or jump on his back when he's already fighting someone else.

Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Oh about Burst and stunprocs.

Stunproc DOES seem to go off way easier when you hit Burst, don't ask me why, but it just does. Of course you'll have to land it so that means maxing Burst. Consider getting a Lust of the Xan, 1.8k pistol plus 1.2k MR req and 900 burst/fling is easy right?