220 set up

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Elrojo
BacoTroll

220 set up

Post by Elrojo »

Hi guys,

Wanted to get some feedback on a possible crat set up. I have done lots of reading about Crat PvP and asked Rulzie some stuff also. The biggest gap i see is that a PvM crat is not going to be as good PvP because of the lack of AR and the fact that the pets arent great, no really good AS weapon is not great and we can struggle to get good CC if people have high NR. Also one good NSD (no idea what that is) or one good GTH and we are toasted.

So i put together a pretty good PvM set up that i think will be "ok" in PvP. Doubt i will kill anything solo but might have enough Nano skillz to crowd control a bit and be a nuisance. Basically i think i will be PvM 80% and PvP 20%. So i'd rather a more PvM orientated set up, with some extra things that make PvP a bit easier like evades and Nano Skills.

I put in ql 270 symbs and not 300 cos realistically i'm not going to get intel in anytime soon. Put in Defensive HUDs instead of Nano since i'm NM and i think i will get pretty high Nano skills with symbs, IANE and Scout. But if you guys think i need a comm relay or something feel free to suggest.

Not sure what to do with rings. I know there is a nano drain ring but cant find the name. I'm guessing PvP put on the HHAB. But PvM whats some good rings? Also no idea with the LW symb/imp any ideas? Big gaps in QL of RH symb no control from 250-300.

Put on MoTR and Faithful shoulder but i know there must be a better combination out there.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=129796

In a perfect world i'd make 2 set ups and HS depending on what i'm doing but CSS and CS will be too expensive. Myabe one day.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: 220 set up

Post by Rulzern »

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

AHA!!!

I knew i missed shoulder pads!!! Pen pads ofc!!!

Hmm so those new thingos Survival pred and preservation unit should go instead of the nano enhancer and the acient device thingo? LOL at myself, realised i have the Survival predictor, just not equipped yet.

Oh and OFAB ring ofc. I forget some ofab things cos advy got boned with alot of those things so i forget other profs went ok.

Since the gloves and boots are free should i swap them in PvP and get CS for PvM? I only thought they would be handy for NR benefits?

Ok so updated what i think you mean. Keep the endurance booster? moved the nano deck to util2 and put the surv pred in HUD2, changed the rings/shoulder. What about symb set up? what should i do with LW, and other than that is it just control ftw?

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=129796

also added in perk plan (assumed 220 and AI 30 and LE70 ofc) but just to see if i'm on the right track.

PS WTT piercing mod for pistol plx. Kept the gloves/boots the same. I like DB boots cos its a pain to hotswap Inf boots and CS boots (1001 reqs ftl). Kept the gloves out of laziness but the CS glove preference has been noted ty
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

For the perks, drop something (PM and IC or nano doc) for shuffle, beyond giving 40 evades, it gives you Dodge the Blame.

About the inf boots, remember that you can use De'Valos Lava Protection Ring instead.

Concerning the symbs, use control everywhere, and an implant in lwrist.

Also consider that you won't be able to keep a 300 peregrine out of OE with the setup you have made. You also probably don't want to use the fully upgraded nano NCU, but rather the one with all upgrades except MM.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

i did see that in no way can i buff Burst with that set up and the 1600ish req's will be too high. I guess to go peregrine i'd need CSS :/ Can you suggest anything else? Other than Kyr type 4?

A wise man once said this about crats:
"Look at crat weapon skills, _every_ weapon choice sucks for crats, so it's more of a question of sucking more or less than other crappy weapon choices".
Regarding perks i thought i got told Shuffle is very underwhelming? Should i train it all the way or just drop a few from PM and IC and ND and train a few in Shuffle?

I guess i can see in game what the best mix might be maybe.

Inf ring is boots plus and alium loot item i guess? Does make it nodrop though :/ but ty for info

ty for helpz
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Balancing PvM and PvP choices for a crat is hard. It's more or less one or the other, for an easy PvP setup, go for Hand Crafted Unionist Arbalest, if you want an easy PvM setup, go for a freedom arms + QL175 Ofab Peregrine Mk 6.

With regards to Shuffle, yes, it is underwhelming, it doesn't really help much in PvP, in PvM it can help you survive aggro. Opposed to that, PM + IC gives you AR/damage and insurance perks (which you don't need at 220). You don't need the AR or damage in PvP (anything you can't hit without it, you won't hit with it), in PvM you don't need the AR, but the damage is nice, if it's enough to compensate for the evades is up to you. I would prefer the evades, but I'm still perked for XP. The difference between putting a few perks into Shuffle, and going all the way, are the 40 passive evades, and some more PvM evades.

Crats are a complex equation, a lot of it comes down to personal preference. You'll rock in PvM almost no matter what you've got on, while PvP requires a tits-out evade setup to work at all (unless you find perverse enjoyment in being FAd to death by 210 fixers :p).
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Easy pvp weapon --> http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=265144&ql=250

Arbalest is only nice because of quick hotswapping, if you don't plan on doing Dimachs... no point in getting Arbalest over Tiger. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Arbalest = capped recharge (or atleast fast) on AS in defensive setup
250 tiger = hard to equip (no perks or symbs, 814 base skill), hard to cap AS (814 base skill, no perks or symbs)

The crats you see running around with tiger, either have full CSS, AS imps and scope, or run around with ~30-50 second AS recharge.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Hey guys,

Ty for advice Lupu and ofc Rulziethong. Also ty for Pahu, Free and Bosh for AI sings in Adrift Rift.

210 now and Research at 50%. Still means a few mish/lvl and i know it will get painful up until 215 only getting crap SK. I heard that the XP perks wont work for research but wanted confirmation on the XP aura, XP rings and Baton? Will they count with research?

Need to upgrade symbs. hoping to get maybe ql250. I would wait till say 215 to get 270's but i really badly need to update my toon. existing symbs were put on at about lvl 140 so it way past due.

Got an ancient defender and the infuser but i lack the 1500 complit for the upgrade. Like 110 short, so a cyborg board would be cool, if anyone can help me get or remind where where i loot. Also have another inactive thingo if someone has a defender mem laying around taking up space. Or if anyone wants to pharm albs with meh. I'm ever so uber.

I figure with some perks, LE HUD thingo level 3 and the updated symbs i should be able to put in ql 300 CS in some spots (where credz allow). I'm only 120-130 off the Intel. Sense is a little further off, so not convinced of that yet. Will re-evaluate with the better symbs in i guess.

Am now still LFT inf (hards nice/easy ok). Albs, Sectors (need APF belt & Nanos and 42 key).

Anyway,

Back to work
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

update,

Got to 213 with about 60-70% done to 214, so a few easies should do it. Need to start lft for DB quest.

Did part one of bazzits. Have to do the tag part now then the missions. Then i can train AE3 ^^

Got most of my research up to starting level 9. So i think by the time i ding 215 i should "only" have 9-10 to go. Then i will swap research to 100%. I figure at 215 i'm going to have the stats to put on about ql250 symbs and 300 ofab/CS. Also high enough to get AI farms maybe, adrift rift preferred ^^. Can also start working on Alium sectors and Alb/DB farming.

Got my cyborg board and the smuggled nanite board which is nice. Cyborg board let me get the Infused anc defender on, still looking for a defender mem to make another. Also need to twink a bit to get the survival predictor on.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

GJ mate!

Whats a bunger?

Whats with all the "bikie" violence?

I laugh everytime we walk by "pokies"

how come australians get a and eer/ier mixed up? they say eo or er or a depending on the word: such as:

Australia = Australier

or

beer = bea

or

the dog ate my baby = the dingoe ate moe boebee
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

heh noobas. dog isnt dingo but close.

Pokies = slot machine i guess to you guys.

Bunger = not sure :/ maybe its something that is broken/blocked eg its bunged up. I know i've said that a few times.

the aussie way to say australia is "straya" somehow over time (probably due to our intelligence) the au bit got left off and the lia part has been condensed to "ya".

no idea about the "bikie" gang wars. I guess its our version on gang wars in USA.

Straya ftw
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

another successful noobas thread gank!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

omgz wtb undo key, hate to wipe all the text.

In summary

Did pen key....
Got some prisoners souls (thanks rulzie)
DO i need brain freeze or at 220 is it obsolete?
Have both ancient defenders
Still need sense twinking items for my dread hud (adv scent sensor, which miys? what else)?
Still need Alps pads and programs
GOGOGO DB ^^

The end
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Brain freeze is rollable, and not horribly useful.
Sense twinking items.