S10 soldier

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

S10 soldier

Post by cutiecub »

Hi all,

Most of you know allready that I'm gone make a S10 soldier.

Im 29 lvls away so have still some time :-).

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=129303

This was a equip made by LUPUS (thx for that btw) but i have changed pistols to SPB on advice of soko who tried both and pistol where not that great.

Is this still a good equip when I dropped the pistols or should i redo other gear too.
AI armour is NO option, iff i scrape all my creds together I can make 50 mil free.

And is this a good idea to start with?
Main reason would be to have my sol making money.

Btw need to work on the best perk setup too Ive noticed
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: S10 soldier

Post by noobas »

The only toon I've played with who could OD my keeper on ado hecks (within 20 or so levels of me) was a pistol equipped soldier.

he used an extensive add dmg setup similar to this, but with pistol instead of SPB.

SPB is ok, but, you lose fling shot, and FA recharge isn't that great <--correct me if I'm wrong.

might be worth rethinking the pistols.

in S10, you really really really want to be able to dish huge dmg, since the aliens have buckets of hp, and the majority of the loot you'll get comes from just killing non-boss mobs fast.

not sure what to use with a JCGPP/JPGPP but you'd definitly want energy dmg since then all the bonuses would apply.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

This was the original setup with pistols.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=129010

But Soko tried both the pistol and spb setup and pistols where no good accodring him.
Still waiting why exactly it wasn't that great.
Last edited by cutiecub on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

cutiecub wrote:This was the original setup with pistols.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=129010

But Soko tried both the pistol and spb setup and pistols where no good accoring.
Still waiting why exactly it wasn't that great.
Maybe not enough add damage? :) Or rangedinit?

It's for sure the SPB has a SLOWER FA recharge than the JPGPP.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

cutiecub wrote: Still waiting why exactly it wasn't that great.
It's horrinble for PvP, very heavy on the IP, and needs quite a few sacrifices to really shine.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ok, with a big budget, maybe the pistol setup is best, because the guy I saw was like a machine. unstoppable.

He was 150, same as me, and testing the pistol setup. I ran a dumper, and he OD'd me by about 10%, which is pretty substantial when you're rocking a 225 wolf MK6, so, I was impressed enough to remember his setup (pistols), full CC.

Which of course is nothing spectacular, but until then, I've never seen anyone at 150 who could OD me on hecks, which is why it stuck. IN S10, advy, enf OD me with SOW/crispy, and keeper OD me with exact copy of excalibur.

Back to the point, I'm in agreement that it's IP heavy: multi range, (fling shot) for starters, and needs a heavy add dmg setup. SPB would be fine, I'm sure, and probably a lot better given a tight budget.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln