Getting fixer in levelling-mode

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mophro
Giant Leet

Getting fixer in levelling-mode

Post by Mophro »

So i decided im gonna level my fixer. Got my first level with the help of Fury, Merq and Rulz.

I just now slapped on some arul-sabas for some added damage.

Any suggestions for getting the toon into levelling mode?

Bring it on :).
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Getting fixer in levelling-mode

Post by Rulzern »

Mophro wrote: Any suggestions for getting the toon into levelling mode?
Lots of alcohol to make the inf mishes bearable.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

get a team of people who know what they are doing.

use a damage dumper.

make people aware that someone is loking at their damage.

they go a LOT faster this way.

what rulz said. and get a crat, one with XP perks prefereably. use rings, use all add XP stuff.

Perk into XP I did that on rodog.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Perk training seminar and explorer for XP when you can.

Get a crat in teams

Get the OLD TIME DB sleeves with 1% xp (the 3 DB Generals in PW). Could be a fun T6 raid!

Get a crat in teams

Consider switching to clan so you can use a merit board with xp buff?

Get a crat in teams

Keep Inferno quests for your 2 last levels... they give a lot of SK.

Check guides for the xp rewards of other quests... sometimes it's interesting and it's a break from just killing stuff.

Do Neretva around 215ish... losts of SK there.

You'll be welcome to any team I make for Mek if you reach 159 (I guess Phixels is 150 or am I wrong?)

Too sleepy to say more ATM. Good to see you leveling! :D You should do like me with Mek, be a power leveler! :roll:

BTW... you said nothing about your equipment?!
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Also, if you don't want them to be quite as boring, don't leech (like chris), screw +XP gear and pimp out your damage to t3h m4x, run DD and make the 210+ feel like noobs because they're getting ODed by a gimpy 180 fixer. ;D

It also helps to get more teams when people know you make an effort to be an asset, there are a few people I don't invite to my teams because they aren't interested in making the slightest bit of effort to help the team. And I have some people I invite over higher people because I know they make an effort. A 205 trader that makes an effort and uses their toolset >>> a 215 MA who is AFK for 90% of the mission and complains that it's too slow for the rest.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I use a nice balance of what rulz said and what chris said.

I have crap equipment on rodog, except, what I do have, is highest arul sabas I can equip, the highest axe I can twink on using only monofiliment tripplers and buffs, and wrangle and a few pieces of armour,

weapon+perks+paying attention= spam huge dmg,

but, then you can dequip lots of that stuff and use items like pred chest +1xp, rings 14% xp, DB sleeves x2 +2% xp, I use a token board from the dreadloch dudes, I think it's a nano combat board, which makes it a bit easier to spam heals and still get 4% x bonus.

It may not be worth perking into the XP perks, since it will likely deprive you of a lot of damage.

run your dumper! get a crat! get a trigger happy 220 sold!
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

Elaborating:
My main angle is to be the most usefull in team
Damage
Survivability
What can i best wear to get them mobs down asap and survive?
Weapon
Armor
Perkz
Utils/mem
Pass the salt please.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

You already had outfitted the fixer with AI armor and twinked weapons, right?

If so then you are good until 200+. Just level up. At 200 if you can afford it then upgrade all of his AI armor to a higher QL and update your weapons with the highest you can afford.

Since you have AI armor you have good Full Auto capability, which means that around 210+ you can switch to a Big Burger Chapman for more damage. Don't bother with the SOCOM until you can get 1650ish FA (which won't be until 216+ ... 220 for most) since the recharge will be bad enough to make the BB outgun it. Until 210ish sticking with the Hawk5 + KMP will do fine, just keep upgrading to higher KMPs as you can handle the MR requirements. Upgrade your hawk when you can twink on a 250 ... don't waste weapon types on continually upgrading the Hawk unless you like farming types. Get some Electro gloves. You -can- switch to the SMG but it doesn't outperform a good +energy setup anymore, even if you max out your crits.

Everything else is pretty straight forward. Fixers don't change much in their path. Keep upgrading armor/weapons. Perks should be pretty straightforward. Don't bother with training the 8 +XP perks until 205+, you don't need them below that.

If you want to truly max out your research then throw the switch for 100% research -now- and you should hit LE70 at about the same time as 220 ... it will more than double the time it takes, but it means you won't waste any rewards and in the end is faster if you do plan to max your LE.
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

Thanks everyone for the support and tips.
I have had the fixer in GA gear, so dont have AI yet. What is best for fixer? CSS or?
Pass the salt please.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Mophro wrote:Thanks everyone for the support and tips.
I have had the fixer in GA gear, so dont have AI yet. What is best for fixer? CSS or?
Yeah, GA ain't gonna help you level no more :)

CSS for a survivability setup, CC for a damage setup. Depends a bit on breed. I'm guessing Opi but don't remember ... if so then CSS since you'll twink it earlier (and its cheaper).

You -can- live without AI armor, I thought you already had some, if so then just look for good evades and then SMG skills.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

you can always borrow a couple pieces of AI armour, best would be CC, since you want the supple wep mods, but strong has the add dmg.

if youre in a decent team, you won't need evades, if you are collecting agg, you oughta have enough evades with dof to avoid to much trouble.

If you don't have AI armour, but you can borrow some (army has three pieces of mine which I'm not missing atm) I think it's 2=supple sleeves (QL 210, 185?), 1x 225 CC pants you can twink on a decent gun OE, or almost OE, provided a decent damage range, then take off the armour and just go level.

thats usually my plan of attack, I do it with all my leveling toons: use AI armour to equip a wep with big min dmg, then go beat hecks for hours, spend 1 hour looking for a bigger wep, type it, twink it and continue. I only use armour to put on bigger weps, usually opting for high min dmg and lots of specials, so as to be good at hecks.

That worked really well on my keeper, and on my advy. I researched all 2he (kep), 1he(advy), then as soon as I had another perk to put into the 1he/2he perkline, I stopped and retwinked the wep to OE (or close to it), then within a few levels youre hitting harder, and that weps good for another 10 levels or so.

The only thing you need to level quickly is a good wep. Thats it. you don't need evades, you don't need heals, you don't need up to date nanos, you don't need upto date symbs, you don't need twinked hp. You only need to be able to kill quickly.

I bought myself such items as jobe-made bladstaff (50 2he) and monofiliment tripllers (2x30 1he) and combat research hud. add those, some AI armour, whatever buff you can get and whatever research line with 1he/2he is available, and you can stick on big weps, meaning doing a whackload more dmg than the average toon.

Obviously, you'd want to get whatever wep is adding pistol/smg and hotswappable. Then get at'er.

I
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

noobas wrote:if youre in a decent team, you won't need evades, if you are collecting agg, you oughta have enough evades with dof to avoid to much trouble.
Honestly? Not true. A full damage fixer is going to grab aggro from anyone up until the enfos have IBehe. And if they don't slack on damage not only will they take aggro but they'll keep it. Fixers have a lot of issues but pumping out PvM damage isn't one of them if they gear up properly. Go ask all the teams I did missions with.

DoF is enough to save your butt IF you pop it early but it won't last for the whole mob and even if it does, if you're doing powermissions, you'll still get hit enough that you will need a healer. CSS will help more than CC in these situations since you get 2x evades but you do less damage (which again, will help you survive).

It is very easy to say that DoF is enough ... its not always going to be the case. Unless you slack damage ... which is fine since teams don't -expect- the fixer to be the top DD (with the exception of shades who are really trying ... can't begin to count the number of missions that my fixer was top DD over shades until someone posted DD 1/2 way through the mission and the shade started sweating to get their DD back up). But if you really want to go all out and show off a bit ... you -need- the expensive gear.

At the same time, it ain't cheap, but I have this little clue that Mop can afford to splurge a bit ;) I wouldn't give the same advice to a main-toon fixer.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

my main point is that all you need to level is a good wep.

Everything else is secondary.

IF you've got money to equip AI armour giv'er.

IF you got the money to choose between CSS and CC, all the power to you.

IF you are trying to max your dmg, and you want to hold agg, then I'm sure you can, but, my main point is that the only thing you need to level quickly is a decent wep.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Imho it doesnt really matter if you are evade, dmg etc.

My decision process for forming a 220 hard...
1) good high level DD (soldi, agent, MA, Shade etc)
2) Good High level DD
3) Solid high HP tanking profs
4) Some sort of heals (keeper aura, high lvl advy, Fixer HoTs, Doc, MP)
5) Good High level DD
6) Crowd control
7) XP stick/pet profs

So high levels are a must. If i get good Highbie shades, soldi and enf I am more relaxed about letting a 205 in. Sub 200 generally no. Usually slower RS so they get to the mobs late, Any agg = insta death, Generally team members will be reluctant to do a hard if there are lower players and generally do little DD (few exceptions, but generally too few to be worth the risk)

My decision process for a 220 easy
1) some Medium to high level DD
2) Some medium to high level team buffers (MP, Trader, Fixer, Keeper), they can supplement lower skill levels and DMG and compensate
3) Some Medium level higher HP/Pet profs/CC
4) anyone medium level
5) Last player to fill spot that would otherwise be empty.

Again the first 3 players in the team will dictate the last 2 players into the team. If i can get 3 players all around 210 and over then the last 2 spots could be filled by naked MA NM Docs for all i care. The top 3 DD's will do 3x the dmg of anyone else anyway. If the first 3 players are more support profs then the last 2 need to be semi-decent. However, if there are plenty of 200+ players they will be invited before sub 200. Its just the fact that they have more HP, do more DMG, die less, have better buffs and are faster. There are exceptions to the rule but they are few and far between. I will however recruit a lowbie because i know them (org mate, friend of roller etc).

The main reason why your gear doesnt really count is that i've never interviewed someone low before i recruit them... "what weaps you have", "what armour you got", "how much DPS do you deal" etc etc. And i've never been asked either. I grab and go and if they are in the 10% that has nice gear then great, if they are in the 90% that doesnt then that was the risk i took when i recruited. I've also NEVER kicked anyone because they were low and werent doing super DD. I personally think it would be cruel to ask someone all about their DD, buffs, HP etc and then not recruit them because of it. I would NEVER join a team that would ask me to present my case to join either.

In any DD i have seen for inf easy mish number 1&2 combined will be more than the rest of the team combined so one player doing 7% more dmg will be superfluous.

I think the main thing you can do as a lowbie to help out is

1) get to the mish quickly, no running from Pen etc
2) get around the mish quickly (fixer will be fine)
3) dont go afk EVER, its the only thing i ever kick ppl for, that or blatant stupidity/hate etc. You were invited to help you out so dont be rude and not do everything you can do
4) do what you can do well, without fuss (fixer, buff RS, HoT's long and short, NCU etc you know what you can do :) )
5) dont die every 5 seconds (avoid alphas, be the last one into the room, wait for CC's to do their job and have assist macro)

I think that goes for all players regardless of profession.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

As rojo says; while I would usually invite a lowbie if the team can handle it and there's nothing better on lft, I'll not invite the same lowbie again if they are an extreme disappointment. Think: crat without xp, toons with xp pistols (well maybe if they are crats), agents that do not use any Mimic, toons that.. don't do any significant damage.

For example I won't ever team levelling toons from Hanznfranz again.. or Icecarter/Carter69 (not even his alts). They established a name as someone who's definitely NOT an asset to my team, a true leecher.

Lowbies that are likely to get a team are shades, peoples know they don't need to be super twink to push damage. Other damage setup lowbies are likely to be teamed too. Ex-TL5 twinks too - they know their way around and have some decent gear, or they wouldn't do so good in TL5 pvp. To be honest, if you as a lowbie manage to push the DD up extremely high (compared to a normal TL6ish toon or even a mediocre TL7/220), you're very likely to get invited to a team AGAIN. And that is what you want. Build a name for yourself. Let peoples know you are an actual asset to the team, and not "another TL5/6 toon that doesn't even come close to 10% of a properly setup TL7's damage"..

So, if a team leader sees Phixels on lft, he's supposed to think: "Wow, let's get that guy.. he'll push some MEGA damage even though he's lowb." ;)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.