Silversmith is a cheapskate!

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Silversmith is a cheapskate!

Post by Alphacenta »

So well folks.

I had figured I need quite some AI levels on my engineer before I level on to 165-170, so I will stop at 150 to farm some axp in s10/LE mish.

Ideally I would even have AI24: CONC9, COLA9, Creative Mind 6. But I probably will skip Creative Mind for my end-setup as it doesn't really land well at all in pvp, if I can't stand the grind anymore ending up at AI18 will suffice for me.

Anyhow! To get teams, you either need to have an essential role in teams like tank or heal or crowdcontrol (engineers don't have that), or you need a bucketload of DD (which is expensive).

As some of you might have figured out by now I'm a cheapskate, avoiding AI armor when I can - simply can't afford it or else it takes me years to even get my engi pvm ready. So I needed an alternative setup, that doesn't need epic twinking or loads of cash, but that does push out DD like a maniac.

I present to you: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=135190

If my calculations are correct I'll end up with around 5.5k hp self, 29-30s FA recharge, 9s Burst recharge. 13-14 bullet FA will be the max I do.

If I have used Medallion prior to FA (so AAD goes negative and every hit is a crit), I can get FA hits up to 10-11k I *think*. If I haven't used Medallion, it should be around 5k FA damage.

Burst will be 1.2kish damage only as Burst doesn't crit, sadly, but it will recharge in 9s. More damage over time than the Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 4 would have done (which recharges in 40s), and besides the Burst req would be the limiting factor for the QL of my Kyr'Ozch Pistol (FA and Burst conflict).

1kish regulars on the Kyr'Ozch, 400ish regulars on the BigBurger. 1.5kish crits on the Kyr'Ozch, 1kish crits on the BigBurger.

All of the above calculated with 10k AC by the way, so constant min damage. :) Actual numbers could be better, especially with a soldier or keeper in team. :D

---------

Additionally, in s10 raids I can be a great help to my team once they figure out how an engineer can shine. If the enfo doesn't chain-mongo (aoe hit) I can chain cast Disruptive Void Projector, which is a -1210 AAO blind.. making tanking a whole lot easier. That blind sadly breaks on any hostile action (reflect/shield damage, getting hit, debuffing, attempting to debuff, etc). And of course Medallion on bosses - chain crits for the whole team, for 23s. ;)

----------

Oh, any comments are certainly welcome.. I'm noobie at pvm damage setups.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Silversmith is a cheapskate!

Post by Rulzern »

Your regulars on bigburger should be exactly 335 damage.
Your FA recharge on bigburger will be 63 seconds.
Your burst recharge on bigburger will be 14 seconds.

Your FA damage on bigburger will be ~4k if you reload before every FA.
Your burst will be 1005.

Burst+FA will do 8.5k per minute.

To OD the bigburger, you need a weapon that does ~783 damage per hit without specials (or approximately 450 damage without specials, at 1k AR this translates to a gun that does 129-129(0) damage.

I'd assume that 2x typed pistols (fling + burst) will OD the untyped pistol/bigburger combo.

EDIT: If you want to feel speshul, go for the turnspirit gun, it looks hawt.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Rulzern wrote:Your regulars on bigburger should be exactly 335 damage.
Your FA recharge on bigburger will be 63 seconds.
Your burst recharge on bigburger will be 14 seconds.

Your FA damage on bigburger will be ~4k if you reload before every FA.
Your burst will be 1005.

Burst+FA will do 8.5k per minute.

To OD the bigburger, you need a weapon that does ~783 damage per hit without specials (or approximately 450 damage without specials, at 1k AR this translates to a gun that does 129-129(0) damage.

I'd assume that 2x typed pistols (fling + burst) will OD the untyped pistol/bigburger combo.

EDIT: If you want to feel speshul, go for the turnspirit gun, it looks hawt.
Some notes then:

- Formula I used to calculate FA recharge: (4000 * weaponrecharge + fullautocycle - 4 * FullAutoSkill) / 100
- If you fill this in you get: (4000*1+3400-4*865)/100 = 39.4 seconds.

Is that the wrong formula? I picked it up from the soldier forums. Still was off from other one though, I suck at maths.

For Burst, I'll have ~730 in that setup:
- BurstToCap = ((Wep recharge x 2000) + BurstCycle - 800)/4
- (2000*1+1100-800)/4 = 575

So with me having more Burst than is needed to cap, that is 9s cap isn't it?

Also, aren't you missing Sympathetic Entropy Infusion and Entropy Weapon (25 add dam + 20 add dam)?

I should be at ~1220ish AR self.

Anyhow assuming 400 regulars, 1k crits, no misses, constant 13 bullet FA, chaincrit during Medallion, one FA fired during Medallion and two Flings fired during Medallion, and for the rest no crits at all, the BigBurger does ~72200 damage over 120 seconds.

-----

If I were to drop FA completely, and go for a Type 4 Kyr with 1k regulars / 1.6k crits, 35s Burst recharge (and further same conditions as above) I get: ~77100 damage over 120 seconds.

Bleh.

So, what was that turnspirit wep you were talking about?

Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

If you dont go with FA, you can change your sleeves, I forget what breed you are. You could also use Sinew of Tarasque in RA implant spot for extra HP & +40 dmg.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Oh I found it! :p

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=214267&ql=244

I should be able to get 1114 pistol self that setup, means I can do 1393 without OE, means I can use a QL244 Turnspirit pistol.

http://www.aofroobs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=801

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showpo ... stcount=30

So could get one of those. :)

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Looks like a decent cheap setup lups.

I'm looking for AI 24 on keeper, so hopefully we'll be able to team up for some of that pwnage.

I'm curious as to what you intend for your final setup.

I certainly don't mean to pry, but you're making 165-170 which obviously will be pvp oriented, so, eventually you'll make an AS engi... so do you think you will do? Commando, CSS or supple?

And what weapon do you think you'll use? Or have you thought about that yet?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

I intend to use an aMEP as main weapon. Then if at all possible something with Fling, if my alpha fails like that, Craphander. Keep in mind the pistol perk love incoming, with 80% dodge checking perks doing some nice hits.

AR/def setup, so good evades while keeping 1.7k++ AR. That also means CSS.

Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Alphacenta wrote:
Some notes then:

- Formula I used to calculate FA recharge: (4000 * weaponrecharge + fullautocycle - 4 * FullAutoSkill) / 100

Is that the wrong formula? I picked it up from the soldier forums. Still was off from other one though, I suck at maths.
Yes, that's the wrong formula, look for the correct formulas for specials. You're right about burst though, I used the wrong recharge time.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Rulzern wrote:
Alphacenta wrote:
Some notes then:

Yes, that's the wrong formula, look for the correct formulas for specials. You're right about burst though, I used the wrong recharge time.
I just filled it in on the spreadsheet in that thread, and it still gives 39.4 sec recharge on FA?

Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Alphacenta wrote: I just filled it in on the spreadsheet in that thread, and it still gives 39.4 sec recharge on FA?
You're entirely right, I must have misread somewhere or something.