165 twink helpz

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Elrojo
BacoTroll

165 twink helpz

Post by Elrojo »

hi guys,

Ok, so i am levelling the opisex trader to 150, then going to do some AXP in s10. In the mean time to tide me over i think i will get about 180 lvl symbs and maybe the ado brain.

What I want to know is what IP lines to max, what to raise first and what i can leave behind, i'm used to be being able to pretty much max everything at 220 :/

Maxing atm, Ranged init, PM, TS, BM, shotgun, fling (AS?), Run Speed, Treat.

Nearly maxed (75-85%) is Abilities (all), Nano init, Body Dev, Evade Clsc

Havent touched yet, Dodge-range, Dodge-exp, NR.

Ok so guidance. I need armour to tide me over until 165 (suggestions?). Then i guess it'll be a mix of CSS and what else?

Weap should be OFAB for AS? or alien with hotswap AS?

I chose 165 cos the next team umbral is 165, so if in team i think thats a better option.

Thoughts?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Re: 165 twink helpz

Post by Alphacenta »

Ask Enye, he's got a 165 trader twink Vickiie. So he should be able to tell you what you need to know. :)

You'll definitely need Dodge in pvp, also AS, so Silverback ftw with the occasional hotswap to Ithaca for extra evades (when doing a duel).
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=136455

Was my estimation of the "uber" equip i guess. Not sure with that set what QL silverback i could get. Regarding NCU wasnt sure about the QL's available for xan shotgun ncu. I think i could get on everything else there, with some time. CSS obviously the most time consuming. Involving cred farming and such. Or raiding.

Didnt put in symbs yet until the dumb auno catches up to my lvl. Had them all there but when i put in my char name they all went from symbs to imps. Going for lvl 220 symbs. The closest to the level lock. Artillery where shotgun is in the slot (head, RA and Waist?) and control(?) in other spots. Unless imps may be better some places?

No idea for other shoulder item. Went for aruls as i was told traders arent all that fast so we need to make shots count. Otherwise i woulda gone for the goo. Hoping to be mostly defensive setup. That sounds good?

What should go in fingers?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Xan NCU impossible to get at QL225 as it bumps when you combine no matter what you do.

Also simply a royal PITA, wouldn't bother and just get another Yuttos.

You play a trader by its weakness: survival. Make a survival-focused toon, you will kill just about anything thanks to drains disabling whatever your opponent uses to survive.

Modified Notucomm instead of PATA.

Sandy Piece of Goo *2

iGoC *2?

Cause your biggest threat will be ranged profs (kite melee like a mofo and roots and stuff), consider Mark of the Fisher King and Dalja Skirt?

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

rojoz: what lups said, EXACTLY

my 111 trader is extremely susceptible to fast alphas:

HOW do you survive SA, Fast attack, brawl, dimache?
How do you survive it?
dont forget if theres 1 perk thrown in there, or 1 regular attack launched, you're pretty much hooped.

Hence, the way to kill traders is the way to think about playing them. melee profs come close, and it's special, special, special,special, perk dead.

So, in pvp, your first defence is range.
not sure if you have a targetting scope in but, use a AS/crit/ targetting scope, QL 270ish+
use a yatamuchi movement predictor QL 200 for hud 1. use a computer deck range increaser.
http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=95517

Ok, with yatamuchi, targetting scope and deck range increaser, you're not doing too badly already. Now, luckily, with that scope you got probably enough AS skill to pack a wallop on AS fairly often, which may be all the serious offence you need. And regulars, fling shot and one or two perks and theres no way they can survive.

I would NOT try to get an 11 second AS, it'll just mess up your IP/ nano/ other stuff. If you CAN get close, awesome, just don't make it a priority.

Ok, so, wep range good, nano range good.
Next, you need to think about casting your drains. If you can cast all your drains up to nanite enhanced, good. can you do it NR1?

How are your evades?

Evades aren't as critical as HP imo. if you're getting alphaed, draining someone will not ensure survival, in fact if you aren't able to drop their AR well below your evades level, you will die 100% of the time in drain recharge. good melee/ranged AR prof will often kill you in recharge. evades only help once their AR HAS been drained and their AR is comparable to your evades. But that won't be until after you survive the initial onslaught.

So, contrary to what lups says: I'd go with pata, go for HP. max your BD before you max dodgerange/evadecls. you may want to invest in first aid perk, if you can: get 1001 first aid skill for advanced first aid stims. get the trader nano: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=270357

corporal ashley winstead quest. It's an absolute must.
Finally, the next absolute must is http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=263306
Nanobot defence: huge reflect as long as you have nano.
So, during alpha, you got your reflects, top of the line QL 200 battle prepared treatment kit, best QL first aid stim, first aid treatment perk, improved health plunder, corupted flesh/one from IS (500 absorb), always 13% reflects and all the HP you can possibily twink on hopefully around 9k.

If you survive alpha, then you have won. drain up to nanite, corporate protection, and AS till they do the kneel thing.

For PVM: get a MK6 silverback, some add dmg items, and use the volunteer perk to heal team. and just spam http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=270357 on anything that moves.

IMO reactive/HP cost >>>CSS (unless you REALLY REALLY want to spend a few bil, and cap 11 sec AS). for me, I 'd rather survive to use AS.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

I beg to differ hehe.
noobas wrote:So, in pvp, your first defence is range.
not sure if you have a targetting scope in but, use a AS/crit/ targetting scope, QL 270ish+
use a yatamuchi movement predictor QL 200 for hud 1.
With just a QL275 scope you'll get 37 meter range on Silverback. That means you need ~12 more WeaponRange stuff to cap it at 40 meter.. but either way Yata increases for a minimal range, for a big sacrifice.
noobas wrote:I would NOT try to get an 11 second AS, it'll just mess up your IP/ nano/ other stuff. If you CAN get close, awesome, just don't make it a priority.
I would, definitely, max AS skill.. AS equipment is debatable.
noobas wrote:If you can cast all your drains up to nanite enhanced, good. can you do it NR1?
Bad idea.

Landing your drain (or root) is life. Getting your drain (or root) countered on the other hand, often results in death.

Just drain the opponent it's as good as going NR1. ;)
noobas wrote:Evades aren't as critical as HP imo. if you're getting alphaed, draining someone will not ensure survival, in fact if you aren't able to drop their AR well below your evades level, you will die 100% of the time in drain recharge. good melee/ranged AR prof will often kill you in recharge. evades only help once their AR HAS been drained and their AR is comparable to your evades. But that won't be until after you survive the initial onslaught.
Again I beg to differ.

If I'm not mistaken you should be able to get what, 1.7k evades or so at least. Add Corporate Protection = 300 AAD, so 2k def against EVERYONE while that drain runs. You can/should also perk Alchemist 2 for Chemical Blindness, unremovable (even by Cure perk from a Doc), quick recharge, stacks with blinds from rings and NTs. Nothing will confuse your enemy more than blinds on the battlestation. :)

Now, when you're at war your hp won't matter at all. Your evades on the other hand can go through the roof - keeper, bureaucrat, adventurer auras ftw. NT aoe blinds on omni blob, ftw.
noobas wrote:So, contrary to what lups says: I'd go with pata, go for HP. max your BD before you max dodgerange/evadecls.
You WILL have to max both to be viable. Notucomm > PATA, reasons above.
noobas wrote:you may want to invest in first aid perk, if you can: get 1001 first aid skill for advanced first aid stims.
First Aid perk, too long recharge imho so unless you really don't know a better place to spend 'em.. take a look at this btw, comes from here.
noobas wrote:Nanobot defence: huge reflect as long as you have nano.
So, during alpha, you got your reflects
Bad idea.

It drains ALL your nano, and it does it fast. Once all your nano is drained, it's kept at 0 for one minute no matter what you do. The only reason TL7 traders use this is that they can GTH to make up for the nano drain.

Only time I'd use that on a TL5 is when I'm in big trouble and need to get away from roots and snares FAST.
noobas wrote:IMO reactive/HP cost >>>CSS (unless you REALLY REALLY want to spend a few bil, and cap 11 sec AS). for me, I 'd rather survive to use AS.
Combined Scout or Combined Sharpshooter's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reactive. Period.

HP is secondary to evades, alpha profs will alpha 10k hp just as easily as 7k hp for the simple reason that you don't have CH. ;) If you manage to stop them from getting their alpha off in the first place, though.. :)

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Ugh,

Well i guess I see merit in both examples. I think I prefer to evade rather than try to out heal. I think that for the most part I wont have UBER HP without gimping out other areas. Noobas did say in Org chat that he felt HP wasnt the way to go anyhow. I think maxing HP but gimping evades wont help for this "survivability" thing i keep hearing about.

Atm I got to lvl 150. I got ql 200 symbs (max for my lvl now) and now need armour and a weapon. I guess Miy's will do. Someone from alliance said they had tonnes of miy's stuff and i'm pretty sure I do also. So it may do while i try to team in s10 for a bit. Also need LE mish for VP (as well as BS i guess). After a while i will go to 165 (but trying to get as much AIXP in s10 as possible). What is the AI you can get for 160? AI lvl 20?

Still no idea on IP placement. so far

Abilities
Max - int, psy, sense, agi
Mostly max - Str Stam

Nano - i think
Max - PM, TS, BM
not really touched - MC, MM, SI

Body
Max - Nano pool
Mostly max - BD

Speed
Max - Ranged init, Nano init
Mostly maxed - RS, Evade Clsc
Havent touched - NR, Dodge ranged, Duck exp

Ranged
Max - Shotty,
1/2 - Fling
Waiting to Raise AS

I have a few IP up my sleeve. I'm obviously going to have to max evades and maybe 50-70% duck. Obviously get NR to 75-80%? or max? Are there any abilities I can skimp on? Str, Stam?

Not sure I will have enough IP for all (obviously)

Cheers
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

you can't IPR base stats unless you do a full IPR, so you'll have to leave them as is for now.

if youre fighitng mobs max evade cls is better than dodge so yure good there.

your stats are probably fine. right now you want to be gears for PVM anyhow, so don't' worry to much. if youre close to anything bump it up a tiny bit, ie. 1200/1400/1600 nano init, or close to selfing the best heal drain w/out draining first.

Make sure you get the corporeal ashley quest RK heal. 900hp vs. 500. it's WAY better.

you'll probably want to look into some of the more beasty shotguns available... check them out, any seasoned trader wil love to tell you about them. not sure which are available at 150, but they are worth checking out.

Not sure if you're down with exploration, but you might want to try equipping 2 shatterguns one at <QL 199, the other like as high as you can... IE 250ish. because it's the same dmg type, you can put together some decent arul saba/motr/ Dchest type stuff to really pump it up. with a bit of add dmg, it would just rawk.

the QL 199 is for less MR. MR is a killer.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Noobas! Iirc shatterguns are right hand only, so left hand will have to be another one hander shotty! :|
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

OK ty noobs.

In terms of CSS would it be ok to just get around in 225 even at 165? 225 is possible at 150 i hear? At 165 i calc'd maybe ql 230 or there abouts. Is that worth the Bazzit Q and the extra perk into AI expertise?

I dont really want to spend any IP on MR at this stage. I'm tight enough as it is. I can insta cast my drains at the moment with the ql300 Infused Viral compiler. Need better NCU. Can get in ql206 Inf Yuttos without much trouble.

I can PR back tonight I think midnoght ftl. Will then see how high i can get shotgun skill and look into a better option.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ok, so I read all lups comments, and I'm not saying that you shouldn't go into evades,

What I AM saying, is that traders can totally disable someone, leaving them unable to hit BY leets.

If you can disable them that far, you don't need extra evades. However, how you get to that stage is debateable.

The reason I suggested HP is that on my 110 soli trader, I can be dead by the time I'm halfway though casting my first drain. Which is a problem. HENCE, why I said HP is important, also why I said range is important. in BS, towers RANGE>>> everything, in duels, it's no difference.

Try dueling an advy or enf:

SA, FA, brawl, dimache Oh, and maybe a perk or two.... ya, dead.

so, maybe lups is right 10k is just as easy to alpha as 7k, and what he said is correct about corp protection.. it should be the first nano you cast, everytime, since it causes the AAD vs AAO differential to be 400 in your favor I think (or 500?) bleh, it's your AAD -(-AAO) on opponent anyway, so like 400-500 more effective evades anyway.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Ok cool, very good argument noobs.

I got lesser corporate protection, (corp protec is 1400 req). I also got the nanite divest and plunder. I do unfortunately at this stage need one ladder worth of drain to get me to be able to cast the VP drains :/. They are, however, insta-cast. Regarding GTH I was wondering do you need 130 free NCU to cast it? I know some offensive nano's have an NCU cost with them but the user doesnt wear that cost, but not sure if this does too? I cant really get it until 160 though with a Pen Quest. Easily selfed req's though. Without Drains my PM/TS is 880ish and then with is about 1200. I dont have any nano buffing armour on in terms of armour though, or HUD nano buffing items like Com relay or research attunement Nano. I figure if i get close i can pop in the Nano HUD3 cast one then pop it out and put in defensive.

Another trader told me that I should add in as many +dmg things as possible. I know this would please nooba. I figure if i go CSS then +dmg wrists will be better than the goo. Plus i gave my goo away!
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

- GTH is level locked to 201.
- Borrow Reflect is the nano that requires 175 NCU free to receive the 100% reflect.
- Also keep in mind that AAO drain is twice as effective as skill drain, since Champion perks are double affected by it (IE +200 AAO buff means 400 extra perk AR on Champ perks, -300 AAO debuff means -600 less perk AR on Champ perks).

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Ok so now i can cast the nanite drain without pre-draining. Well nearly. I need to train more into nano doctorate and after i do some LE i can easily to it! Also can do the top -AAO drain too! bt only after draining.

So far trader is 165 and pretty much done with research. 5 lines maxed and only 1 line to give +25 TS.

Only AI 9 but with crat killing i should be able to bump that up a bit. Though i suspect that the AXP is scaled down considerably because a 220 is killing. Happy to team some AP's, though i am still gimp on dmg.

Managed to get all my LE HUD's, not sure if i should go the evades one or the nano one or the weapon one. Or even the +health one. My evades are gimped and not sure the +50 from the HUD is worth not using the Max health one. Then again with +Nano skills one i can drain better :/.

Got a +18 comm relay. Should i get alien battery/reflex battery or what else?.

Have 4 pieces of 224 CS, got very cheap. So only need 3 more and i'm in business!! As a 165 i should be able to get 224 CSS on. Sense is the killer ATM. I have close to 700 Agi no probs but still 100 off in sense. i can get +15 from HUD, +22 from Adv scent sens and 2x teardrop rings. So missing 13 or so depending on ring QLs. Will see how i go perkwise!
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

@ noobas, to survive that alpha you w/o pre draining the enf good you need to pop the wen wen or have spec blockers from somewhere else.

Wen wen is nice but it is only 2 blocks that refresh 2 times after 10 and 20 seconds.
And the enf surely will hit brawl and FA before SA and definitly before Dimach