Project Fixer-ungimp!

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Project Fixer-ungimp!

Post by Mortus »

I've come to the conclusion that my fixer is quite underequipped. Currently at level 219/17/30. With some effort I have 7-900M creds to throw around, but I'm not really sure on what to prioritize. Full set of lower symbs is of course better then just one intelligent, and same goes for supple/CSS. Anyway, would be nice with some suggestions to get my bearings, it was a long time since I was doing endgame gear (grinding missions doesnt count!).

Current setup is this:
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=136569

(I guess the ql200 wrist should go...)
Last edited by Mortus on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Project Fixer-ungimp!

Post by Rulzern »

Xan beta symbs (free, and fairly easy to get if you have LoX)
Envy of the Xan/OFAB Hawk MK6
Perfected Infused Dust Brigade Bracer
Masterpiece Ancient Bracer
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

- Penultimate Ofab sleeves.
- Special Edition Ofab Fixer Helmet, sell the Supple.
- Penultimate Ofab Fixer Body Armor, sell the Supple.

That frees up around 600m extra (?) to throw around I would think.

Next, hmm, if you're going to throw cash at your toon maybe think of your goal first - pvp or pvm? Makes a lot of difference. :)

I'd wait getting Masterpiece Ancient Bracer, some fixers use Modified Ancient Combat Bracer instead.

--------

PS: Racatti (arguably one of the best 220 pvp fixers) uses this setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=63822

I say CSS > CC, more evades and cheaper. Would also get Defense Paragon (healdelta).
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Alphacenta wrote:- Penultimate Ofab sleeves.
- Special Edition Ofab Fixer Helmet, sell the Supple.
- Penultimate Ofab Fixer Body Armor, sell the Supple.

That frees up around 600m extra (?) to throw around I would think.

Next, hmm, if you're going to throw cash at your toon maybe think of your goal first - pvp or pvm? Makes a lot of difference. :)

I'd wait getting Masterpiece Ancient Bracer, some fixers use Modified Ancient Combat Bracer instead.

--------

PS: Racatti (arguably one of the best 220 pvp fixers) uses this setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=63822

I say CSS > CC, more evades and cheaper. Would also get Defense Paragon (healdelta).
Thanks for the suggestions :)

First hand goal is getting all my quests done, and also getting 220/24ish/something, so lots of PvM I guess. Also if Im doing Xan beta symbs it will take even more pvm. Changing to OFAB makes me need some VPs though. I have been looking at racatti, and other fixers on the forums. Some go CSS, some go CC. I think CSS is my route though. Until I hit 220 I won't do massive twinking of symbiants, but what I am using now is kind of sad, hence the upgrade.

In the long run I want to be able to do both pvm and pvp. The closer I get to "final" gear I guess the more pvp I'll become, but for now it is PvM-time (and enough pvp to farm my VPs).

Think it is worth getting a Hawk Mk5 (MK6 is 2-handed, eww)? The FA recharge is not very good, especially not if I manage to get an Envy someday. And VPs doesnt come fast with clans loosing 90% :P Or maybe a BigBurger - for PvM that is? With my current setup I have 1564 FA selfbuffed, and capping recharge on the BigBurger requires 1600, ie fully doable, while the Hawk MK5 needs 3350 to cap. Changing to the 4 OFAB pieces will give me 59 more FA, and capped recharge on the BigBurger. Maybe get some Projectile dmg aruls? But I'll need IP in pistol too, nerf that...

To do (so far):
*Farm 55k VP and 6x Type 935 for 2x Penultimate Fixer Sleeves, Penultimate Fixer Chest and Special edition helmet. This has the added bonus of getting me aaalmost to 2s healtick.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

What i did on my crat who needed about 100K vp (head 30, back 30, gloves 12, Ring 24) was to only do BS when i had nothing else to do. It didnt bother me that I got wtf pwnd with no carlo etc. What i tried to do was do inf mish to get to 220 but then if it was a bad time for inf like beast or something else going on I would sign up for BS. I found the first 30K took the longest to get as clan did lose ALOT in that time. All up though the 100K took maybe 3 weeks. And that was while i also finished arid quest, did vortex, mitaar and 12man. in that 3 weeks i got all the upgrade items i need (tuners and weapon and defensive board), the cloth mixture and all my xan symbs (bought feet and LW though). Honestly you will find that the Xan stuff (other than the neretva and arid parts) to be quite easy to pick up what you need. You can fly through 3 or 4 vortex in an hour, same with mitaar and almost pick up what you need in that short time. 2-3 days of that and you are gravy.

Regading using specific equipment for your fixer it really will come down to your playing style. Some fixers prefer to stay alive and be very hard to kill, but in doing so will gimp AR a bit. Others want to WTF pwn you faster than you can WTF pwn them. few things my noob brain has learnt about PvP fixers in BS.

1) stationary fixer = dead fixer. On my crat i HATE when they run a bit then snare my pets then run back and FA/Burst/Perk me. Cos then i have to run to my pets, free them, tell them to attack again and wind up having them snared again! ANNOYING. If i can root the fixer he dies, so a fixer with NR1 or high NR is tricky. I find if the fixer kills me it takes a while, they dont do super dmg so my HD does help alot. Some fixers will never miss me, i'm assuming they are the CC fixers.

2) Fixers vs heal profs = no chance. In general their AR doesnt seem to be enough in PvP that they do uber dmg and fast. if you can hotswap for AS/FA/Burst then maybe, but usually on my advy its just a stalemate. I cant hit them enough with their hots plus kiting to kill them and they cant OD my healing/coon/evades. So your survivability is key.

3) you almost never have a 1v1 fight. Unless you put the other guy down fast or vice versa then someone else ALWAYS comes along, either to help you or them. So if you can last long enough to find help then you will survive alot of the time. So many times i will be about to kill someone and its pretty close and then Mr soldier comes and FAs me to death or an sneaky AS from agent or something ruins my kill.

4) no matter how much money you spend on gear and how good it is you will still die. You will still get zerged and you will still have problems with some profs and certain players or situations. Alot of the time it comes down to strategy and luck (the exact ratio unknown :P ).

Prioritise things into long term but attainable goals like your VP + bios. And short term but needful things like Xan betas. That way you dont waste 1 month trying to farm all your VP and miss out on something like upgraded symbs that will give you more benefit!
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

If i were you i would wait until 18.1 hits live so you know the new fixer toolset! :)
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Thanks for the input everyone! :)

I've farmed 10k VP so far, not going overly fast, but steady upwards.
Elrojo wrote:What i did on my crat who needed about 100K vp (head 30, back 30, gloves 12, Ring 24) was to only do BS when i had nothing else to do. It didnt bother me that I got wtf pwnd with no carlo etc. What i tried to do was do inf mish to get to 220 but then if it was a bad time for inf like beast or something else going on I would sign up for BS. I found the first 30K took the longest to get as clan did lose ALOT in that time. All up though the 100K took maybe 3 weeks. And that was while i also finished arid quest, did vortex, mitaar and 12man. in that 3 weeks i got all the upgrade items i need (tuners and weapon and defensive board), the cloth mixture and all my xan symbs (bought feet and LW though). Honestly you will find that the Xan stuff (other than the neretva and arid parts) to be quite easy to pick up what you need. You can fly through 3 or 4 vortex in an hour, same with mitaar and almost pick up what you need in that short time. 2-3 days of that and you are gravy.
---
Prioritise things into long term but attainable goals like your VP + bios. And short term but needful things like Xan betas. That way you dont waste 1 month trying to farm all your VP and miss out on something like upgraded symbs that will give you more benefit!
Wise words, ty:)

Is vortexx really this easy to get teams and to run? I still haven't managed to finish the Arid rift quest so I can do vortex. I thought that maybe I should upgrade symbs before I start farming Vortex.

I got a bit impatient and did some equipment setups that doesn't include vortexx :) The idea is to change Brain/Chest/R arm/L Arm/Waist/Legs/Feet into new ones (from GMS, not beta ones). Also, if I ding 220 and AI20 (219/19 atm) and get a bit of research I can get the ql280 support brain on without too much hassle according to my calculations. Not going to buy any symbiants before I have the stuff to put them on though.

Checklist to get for symbs twinking:
- DB bracer
- Alb bracer
- Ring of plausibility
- (might need DB chest or leggings)

Stuff that I will probably get before I got the rest done :P:
- Masterpiece ancient combat tuner
- 2x infusers for Defender and Nano Enhancer
- Protected Safeguarded NCU Memory Unit (AAD/evades one).
- Make CSS from supple gloves
- Get alappa shoulder
- DB quest/nanodeck quest

Setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=136828

Mainly pvm but some pvp. I imagine next step up from this setup in symbs will be Beta/Alpha. However I should probably skip this middle step of buying symbs and go straight to farming Beta ones as Elrojo suggests... The items needed for equipping are the same, only that I do vortexx with what I am using atm instead of upgrading. All the number crunching I did for this setup - for nothing! :S

(This is just me discussing with myself after looking on auno and running numbers for a few hours :P)
Last edited by Mortus on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

If you dont want to go GMS route (which i strongly advise against), while waiting for BS try farming symbs from patterns. I seriously wouldnt spend 270 mil on symbs. Xan symbs will be lvl 270-275 and FREE!!!! Honestly i farmed almost 60K VP using Dark pistol and ql 230ish symbs, and i got plenty of kills. Also if you want try borrowing some symbs from Inf raids. They are usually 260-280 and plentyful. I guess ask Grindy or Chrisax. Xan symbs go in easy. 280's will be tougher and imo not worth it. go Xan till you get all your intel then go alpha.

Yes you will want the DB covering and depending how you go the chest is pretty handy for the STR/STAM buff. If you have DB bracer then great, if not get it with the 270 mil you dont spend on the symbs :P . Just do a DB round or two. In one team i got the 2 NCU, 1 sleeve, nano chest and plenty of items went to waste. Its also handy if you do like 2 DB1 first then with autra do DB2 for infusers.

My crat got the Xan symbs on easily with the HUD3 - medical, DB sleeves x2, DB covering, Eggs, DB ncu, DB bracer, med suit and thats pretty much all the twinking gear needed. I was short in agi by like 14 on the Control legs so went exterm (but legs are changeable ftw). If you get the DB chest, Alb bracer you should be fine.