s10 Bureaucrat - Mortus22

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: s10 Bureaucrat - Mortus22

Post by noobas »

can crats use trimmers?

If crats can use trimmers, I would suggest working on those before working on weapon damage.
Also, if you've got mega nanoskills, it will help when trying to mezz those pesky aliens.

thanks lups
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

noobas wrote:can crats use trimmers?

If crats can use trimmers, I would suggest working on those before working on weapon damage.
They can. Just use some lowbies you don't need to IP for, Control symbs go a long way. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Alphacenta wrote:*evil cough*

QFT = Quoted For Truth by the way.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Mortus wrote:
Alphacenta wrote:*evil cough*

QFT = Quoted For Truth by the way.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/
I like this one better:

http://www.lingo2word.com/translatetxt.php
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Okay, so time to revive this thread :) I wrote a bit of a status report for those with interest :P

I finished off the bureaucrat. Lowered my standards to be "just get it finished already!". I read alot of s10 twink threads and decided to go for lots of HP for survavability, and used stuff I already had laying around in bank to keep it cheap-ish. This is the setup I am currently using:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=169020

Perks:
Commanding Presence 6
Careful in Battle 1
Genious 2
Pistol Mastery 6
CoLA 8
CoNC 7 (only AI 15 yet)

Some stats:
~7.3k hp
800ish evade clsc
750 AAD
400 (?) NR. No IP here. Same goes for dodge.
~1050 pistol selfed, 1270 AR
Can selfcast everything not level locked.

Tactic:
Look for 2x Immature Alein Vectors to charm. The higher the better. Also trim/buff pet as good as possible.
Pull mobs and nuke the hell out of them. Green mobs usually dont hit me very much. If they hit me too hard, snare them, back up and calm them so pets grab aggro and I can heal with stims/kits. Also hit them with Nanite red tape + Malaise. Can kill about 50-60 mobs/hour with this, which I suspect is less then great.

Some observations from playing this guy in s10 a bit:
  • High HP isn't great without heals, but it still helps. I got about 7k HP selfed, which isnt bad at all. Source of healing is from Heal kits/stims/battle heals which at ql150 heal me for about 2k if I can pop all three of them, so need 3 rounds of heals to get back to full health. Of course begging fixers for Hots and soljas for reflects helps. Main point of HP is to soak up those random hits I get, or survive when someone trains me. Plenty of times I have dropped to 2-3k hp, which looks bad when seeing the hp bar almost empty, but still means I can take quite a beating. So, all in all:I'm not unhappy with the high HP route.
  • If you use AoE snare charms pets go CRAZY and want to run all over the place trying to kill the snared mobs (spam /pet behind hardly helps). This can even get you killed cause pets break the snares and mobs come after you instead
  • Best survivability and easier time overall if you hunt in one of the open areas where you can pull/back up
  • Pretty crappy damage unless you can find 2x orange Vectors to charm. This probably makes up half or more of the damage. I have once managed to get 2x lvl 150+ vectors, but they spawn so rarely and mostly they are lvl 110-130. Basically it is not reliable to just pop ingame, kill some mobs, log out, since you need to play maybe 30minutes before you even FIND 2x vectors to charm, let alone two _high_ vectors. This also means that before you find theese vectors, you will have aggro most of the time.
  • Serious IP problems. No IP at all in NR/dodge, very little in burst/flingshot/multi ranged/ranged init.
So what to do now? Two choices:
  • Reroll MA/keep/solja for cookiecutter :D
  • Give this guy some CSS/CC and slap on bigger guns. However IP is so tight Im gonna have to sacrifice either nanoskills or something else for both the weaponskills and stats to keep CC/CSS out of OE. I'm looking at ql203 combined, ql223 will probably be too hard to keep out of oe. Will of course need Ip resets. Currently have B&E maxed, but other then that no obvious "misplaced" IP. Im leaning towards the second choice, I still think the crat can be quite good. Main problem is the lack of good things to charm, so I need to up my personal damage.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

A couple of points:

- I prefer /pet follow instead of /pet behind, spam it after every other command
- There's a vector that spawns to the right at the start which is nice for charming
- Communication officers break calms in an area around them (IIRC)
- Junior Last Minute Negotiations is awesome for when you get in trouble

Sounds like a fun toon to play. :)
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Rulzern wrote:A couple of points:

- I prefer /pet follow instead of /pet behind, spam it after every other command
- There's a vector that spawns to the right at the start which is nice for charming
- Communication officers break calms in an area around them (IIRC)
- Junior Last Minute Negotiations is awesome for when you get in trouble

Sounds like a fun toon to play. :)
/pet behind is to avoid the mobs going on auto-guard, which they seem to do on /pet follow. Will need to try follow command when I got snared mobs to see if it makes a difference.

- Ive read that Com officers break calms, but never noticed it yet. They are by far the easiest mobs, since Zix are area calmable and the officer lacks any attack of its own :P (even if it isnt calmable)

- JLMN is indeed awesome :) Medics/Generals/Nukers (I think) are not calmable, except with this one. 30 seconds can be a lifesaver :)

Yup it is quite fun to play, but still can make it better! :P

Thanks for the tip on the vector at start, need to check that one out :)
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

About the follow vs. behind thing, I believe that charms will go on guard as default no matter what, but it's easier to tell the difference between follow and guard than behind and guard. I just spam my /pet follow macro after everything I do when using charms (soft zone, hard zone, mob dies).
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Ok, so I quickly got bored with playing this guy. Maybe 400 alien kills :P New project is to put on a MBC and some CC or CSS. Dread pistol does look appealing, but I think the MBC will be easier to do, and sufficiently good. There is sadly a serious lack of MBCs for sale, also my camping of Afreet is unsuccesful so far.

Do you think I should go for CC or CSS? Gonna build a set ql 203 I think, easier to equip and keep out of oe (to keep the ACs). Since damage is king I am leaning towards the CC. Also I just think CC is hotter, which is a reason good as any I think :P

Anyone that tried MBC in pvp and could tell a bit how it performs? Still want to be able to do some BS on this guy...
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

I just want to add a few ideas and some of my own experience.

I have made a MP for sec10 (http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=105093) and it seems to have about the same stats as yours.

I would not bother with NR. I have over 950 NR, and they still nuke me non stop. NSD ftw! When it comes to evades, i think i have about 900ish, and that seems to keep most of them from hitting me to often. I can take on 5-6 aliens at ones (with no high level vectors and no cha'sinus ofc) the cha'sinus eat me up, fast!

I also grind trought aliens faster than most of the (non twinked) competition, combining my pet, my Hungy Hovlet and nukes.

uhm.. what I'm trying to say, is that i think you should be able to up your DD and survivability quite a bit. CSS/CS is great, but not really a must imo. Get some custom implants, up your pistol skill as much as possible (or some other weapon skill) and get on the meanest mofo weapons possible. Aliens have low AC, so some RK ones, can be good as well. Then fokus on AAD and evades, and get some add damage. Spam nukes and shoot the same mob as your pets do, and you will eat them up pretty fast :-)

And yeah, i know, i have a healpet, but you have 3 agg pets, and should be able to kill them alot faster than me, therefore not needing a healpet :-)

And one question. why charm the vectors? aren't the cha sinus ALOT crazier on the damage? or maybe a high level larva?

P.S. I have never played crat, so if this is just a load of useless dung, ignore it ;-)
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Thanks for all input and replies.

I decided twinking is more fun then accually killing aliens: so new project is: MBC + CSS.

Wish list:
Ql220 MBC selfed non oe
ql225 CSS (will be oe sadly)
Selfing all top nanos
Maxed evade/NR

The main problem is this: what to do with IP. Been reading in this thread on the official board to get some ideas. Since I am twinking on a decent weapon, I want it to perform as good as possible. Hence capped burst/fling, non oe weapon, and also max ranged init. For survivability I need max Evade/NR, and for that added pvp/BS fun I probably want max Dodge also. Naturally I want to self all top nanos. Sadly this leaves a big gaping hole in my IP.

I was trying to avoid full IPR, but I think I might have to anyway.

Got the reply from someone with a similar setup that they had resetted body dev/nano pool and also needed CI to self all nanos. Doesnt seem very appealing to me :( So, a bit unsure what to downprioritize...
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

imo, crat dread pistol might be a worth while pursuit, but, is probably unreachable.... HOWEVER, we do have very good twinking capability with good contract space and a 200 tower site (see GOA).

Other fun crat setups are a maxed psychology AR - full CS setup with breifcase in mainhand (for psych AR) + a kyr rapier offhand with SA, plus oodles of add dmg.

check it out... the psychology for AR is brutal, I think a 150 can get near 2k.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

noobas wrote:imo, crat dread pistol might be a worth while pursuit, but, is probably unreachable.... HOWEVER, we do have very good twinking capability with good contract space and a 200 tower site (see GOA).

Other fun crat setups are a maxed psychology AR - full CS setup with breifcase in mainhand (for psych AR) + a kyr rapier offhand with SA, plus oodles of add dmg.

check it out... the psychology for AR is brutal, I think a 150 can get near 2k.
Currently pursuing the MBC setup. Dread pistols seems horribly hard to equip, and impossible to keep out of oe. 100% MBC should od 75% dreads. Also I have already bought the CSS and MBC :D

I did look at the briefcase setup and talked to some crats that had used it with good success. Very appealing setup, and easy on the IP. However currently my goal is PvM damage, and I pretty much think that rules out the briefcase if compared to MBCs 9s bursts :)

Setup for equipping:
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=169736

HW requirement can be done without maxing strength, but I need +30 towers. However that setup is 50 BURST short, unless I am missing something.

Something like this setup will be final:
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=169732
This will give me (seflbuffed - note that HW expertise and Comp ranged stacks for +40):

940 HW (900 needed for oe)
768 Burst (700 to cap, 720 for oe)
894 Fling (1000 to cap, 560 for oe)

Good enough to cap burst recharge, and keep MBC from going oe. However, I am skimping on body dev (reset), and nanoskills are way below selfing 1st boss mezz. Selfcasting the boss mezz is something I really dont want to give up, seeing how useful it is. Reaching the PM requirement is no problem because MBC buffs it. SI is almost 120 points short though... I would hate having to hunt down infuses every time I want to hunt in s10, but sadly that seems like the sacrifice people do for this setup.

Might work if I use nanoskills research and s10 HUD, and get a good ql Nano Controller Unit. But that is loosing out on 90 add dmg, 500 hp + more.