132 doc

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Elrojo
BacoTroll

132 doc

Post by Elrojo »

Hi guys,

Have an off project of doccy when i get bored with being 18 in queue at BS. Doc is 114 now and i thought i would stop at 132 to twink in symbs and better weaps/armour huds etc.

Can anyone tell me good levelling armour options? Basically stat buffing other than Alien. I know of miy's is that the best/easiest to find? OFAB for sure except for the damn VP farming. What else is easy to find, generally yesdrop and fairly robust? I dont really want to stop for 3 months trying to get some rare armour when i could just getting something quick and dirty and keep going.

Also I'm ranged atm but not really IPing pistol. I think my guns are like ql40 ones. I cant think of the name but you buy them at jobe harbour.

This will be a PvM doc going to 220 (i hope). When i get to 160 i can basically leech off the crat in inf so i dont need to be uber uber, just functional and handy!
Forcenum
Big Leet

Re: 132 doc

Post by Forcenum »

I'm thinking Cure for Baldness and Elysian Protector's Cuirass, and predator for the rest, or maybe even storm carb. Myi's is also a good alternative. All of those should keep you kinda safe i guess.

At TL5 you can always go for reactive, that adds some nice bonuses and HP. If you aim for 220 and just want to keep kinda updated on stuff (should be able to cast all top nanos around level 100), i think some pred/myi's/carb should do. maybe some de'valos sleeves for nanoskills (if you are NM)
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I suggest QL 190-200 storm carbonum.

NR, nano init, decent AC's and nano pool.

can't beat it for ease of obtaining either.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

*slaps noobas for mentioning carb for anything but NCU buffing*
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

mmhmmm.

I used it on my doc for a while. Honestly, it works great. Even if you don't make it storm, It's still super useful. for a doctor leveling, pair it up with cure for baldness, elyssian cuirass, and you're good to go.

you should have loads of stam and agi, and both are easy enough to bump up a bit, you'll need both for for symbs anyway... I dunno, it worked really well for me.

Considering you can make 5 pieces for less than 3m creds it's the cheapest set of armour you'll ever use. Doc's really only need nano, nano init, cost and heal efficiency anyway, so you're in a win win win situation. You don't need to tank, or, you shouldn't if you're spamming LGE and keep your tanks HP up.

Learn when to CH.. IE, after fights or right at the end of them and you'll rarely need to take on the beasts. don't focus on damage, you'll just get dissapointed. A good doc only needs to be able to keep his nano and HP up... get really high first aid, and use monster stims. For leveling you'll love being able to refill 3/4 of your nano pool with one high nano stim. I dunno.. I never had a problem. I think I used 1-2 pieces of paramedics and storm carb, and rocked out with no probs.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

For a doc that level IF you are a teaming doc then just get whatever helps you cast nanos and keep your nano pool up. ACs are pointless to you.

If you are a soloing doc then you can VERY easily get a set of Combined Paramedics, which will buff your ACs, HP -and- help your nano pool. I personally loved Paramed when I was levelling and nothing is cheaper for AI armor than spiritual + enduring bots.

If you are willing to level a bit more then you can go for a set of Reactive, which will last you until you can get something better (like the better version of Reactive at 190).

If you are a rich soloing doc then then you could build a set of Officer's, which would get you great ACs, better nanoskills (though you may not need them if you can self CH) and help your nano pool.

If you are a RICH soloing doc then you can get a set of Supple / CC / CSS. At those levels the evades can actually still be effective. But again, I'd wait for 150 and twink on a MBC as well. However a 132 doc with a JAME and a set of Supple would do quite well in solo pvm.

If you are none of those things then just build a hodge-podge of the best RK armors you can find/loot. The Miy's stuff has good buffs and is cheap at mid-QLs.

Really unless you plan to -stay- 132 (TL4 doc twinks don't seem to work for most people) it isn't worth worrying as much about the armor. If it were me I'd twink on some symbs like you planned, get an Elysian protector's cuirass and pick and choose individual other pieces for -cost, HP and nano skills, and keep levelling. I know plenty of docs who keep the cuirass for -cost until 190 when they can put on an Azure chest for more -cost.

Docs actually have it pretty easy as far as gear goes so long as they remember to min their nanocost and keep their HP and nanopool decent.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

noobas wrote:Doc's really only need nano, nano init, cost and heal efficiency anyway, so you're in a win win win situation. You don't need to tank, or, you shouldn't if you're spamming LGE and keep your tanks HP up.
Maybe this is the nanomage and/or soloer in me, but my #1 priority/problem on my doc was/is HP (and still is, for PvP atleast), once you're able to cast CH a few times comfortably (capped cost, ), your role in SL is suddenly that of primary tank, and you'll probably end up tanking from time to time anyway just from damage and heal aggro, and the difference between 4k and 6.5k HP can be huge at times.

I also wouldn't say "forget about DD on doc", because atleast I often find myself killing stuff solo, on just about all my toons, and it's incredibly frustrating trying to kill something when all you have are silly RK DoTs and some stupid pistols that couldn't kill a fly even if you threw them on it. Docs _can_ do semi-decent damage throughout their career without switching weapon types left and right, but to match *insert prof here*, you'll have to put in a bit more work.

Anyway, yeah, miy's nano armor, elysian cuirass maybe (I prefer miy's chest), CfB (I have a bunch spare if you're having trouble with the droprate), DeCranum in some slots maybe, token board, alien defensive aug, perfected alien armor or cloak of the reanimated healer.

Also, what hyde said (as always).
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Thanks guys.

I'm takign on your advice. I had some old miys i put on (about lvl 180ish). I seem to have a tonne of miy's in other varieties but not in nano! Oh well.

Doc is 143 atm. He's still fairly gimped. But it seems in general docs arent as uber in heals as other profs can be with their traits. For example an Ado heck will hit you for about 1.5-3K per hit, which can be every 2 secs i guess. The top heal for any level below 180, Heals the target of 693-1,283 points of damage. Add in a short HoT of 292-347 points of damage every few seconds (4.03 secs). Its kinda gimped. There is only 1 team/other/area heal line atm and its for 1060 every 9 mins (yay wtf useless). Given that a twinked 160-180 enf could take down an ado heck with pure dmg i think a twinked 160-179 doc should be able to outheal an ado heck or 2 (which can happen easily) with some work.

So with that in mind i've basically been using the advy as the team doc.

Maybe i am under estimating the healing but on the surface on the math of it it looks kinds short changed. Dont even start me on Alien generals.
Polythemis
Growing Leet

Post by Polythemis »

I haven't been on much, but will take a look next time I am on for Miy's nano armor. Not sure on the quality level 150-190 but have been picking up some nano armor while working on my tokens. I will try to put it to the side and see if you want it next time I see you.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

bad rojo!

how will you learn to play your doc if you only healing on advy!

doc needs UBT, LC, omnimed, short hots, small heals and CH's, perk heals, cost and heal efficiency. the tools are there.

You just need to use them.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Ado hecks are a pretty painful time to learn to play a doctor, LE isn't enough to outheal the damage unless you have a pretty good team, and CH means you're tanking (which means chaining CH, and that you need ~7k HP atleast). Doc heals don't really come into their own until 205-ish.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

totally disagree.

with a 150 doc healing I can tank ado hecks on my 150 enforcer.

Ofcourse, good tanking and good doccing are required, and some reflects help.

If your tank has garbage AC's, no refelcts (no graft even), and is getting critted a lot, AND doesn't have good mongo, good absorbs, decent HP or any combination thereof, ya, it's hard.

But, rojo is the one AT ado hecks, so, I mean, if it were me I'd say learn the prof on ely hecks, cuz to successfully doc ado hecks (IS) hard, but that is my point. learn the prof and you CAN heal at ado hecks.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hi guys,

So update. Doc has done Ado quest and got his molar, then went to inf and is going well as a leecher. Hell annoying to carry 2 toons through inf but the crat is polishing off some research so thats a bonus.

Doc is 190 now ftw!

No AIXP or much research done so i flipped it over to 10-15% and hopefully that evens things out a bit. Its still 1 lvl per easy so thats ok. Hoping now i can leech on some inf teams. Though i feel bad going in as a doc knowing i cant heal for crap. I have my top RK nanos and the top (not the pen Q HoT) RK HoT. I have several perks but they are 9min timers ftw which means a i can do 2 1.5kish heals every 4.5 mins. Yay me. Up to the first lvl locked SL heal but not going to worry until the 195 one. Then will get that. but still, not great healing power at all.

Will break at 200 i think and do pen Q and bazzits. yay for 6hrs of questing.

Also at 200ish i will try to update symbs, though i'm breed locked now so it'll be tough....
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Rojjjjjjoooooooooo reading this makes me sad!

I just hope you don't get annoyed with your toon when you are in inf mission and can't do dmg and can't heal well.

If youre teamed as a doc people expect you to heal. And, nobody likes a leacher.. And I know I don't stand alone when I say that. I would really really urge you to slow down and develop some knowledge, AI levels, and learn some about your toon.

Rushing through is what makes AO the grind that so many of us dislike. If it's what you enjoy, all the power to you, but... I dunno it might make it harder to enjoy...
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I totally know what you mean noobs but honestly i would have stopped at 150 to do s10 and BS for ofab and such but seriously BS in TL5 is dead these days. Dokkie even joined omni to try and even out the numbers. Somedays i can sit 10th in the queue for hours and hours and not get a round in. And even if you get in then nothing is doing there at all, usually 1 min then either not enough omni or clan. Its just not worth it. s10 is another story. I paused there on tarder but the AI was slow at best and honestly i could grind out in a few hours the AXP at 200+ doing arid quests that I could have gotten in a month of s10. So again not worth it.

I am (while at work) reading doccy forums (though there is so little on there) and asking people i team with all about doc. I think from advy i have a little knowledge balancing heals and dmg in teams and obviously as doc I will be doing less dmg more heals mostly. Most people I have talked to do say that doc is basically useless until 200 or so.

There is little to no change in doc's healing from 160-205. We dont get new HoT's, no new RK heals, no new team heals. No new perk line heals, 2 new SL heals that are so close in stats its not worth getting them at each new interval. At the point where i feel that I am comfortable with the tools i have available to me I will solo log and do inf as a proper doc. Honestly i do not see the point in sitting on lft for hours and hours when i can just grab the crat and make a team.

On the other side of things I dont also see the point in stopping at 160, twinking on new armour/symbs. Stopping at 180, twinking on new armour and symbs and then stopping at 205 ....... If you can get to 205 without really much hassle or detrement to others then it wont have mattered that I didnt twink at every 20 lvl interval. Its expensive, time consuming and mostly not much better than waiting.

If this was my first toon then ofc i would go slow. Learn the concept of teaming, inf missions, questing, etc etc. But i really dont see the need at this point. All those making s10 toons have done basically the same thing. Lvl fast to 150 then sit down and really nail the profession. While levelling this doc to 190 I have had the worst of the worst in teams and trust me the playing style was the issue not the implementation of the toolset. I had an alliance 217 enf running around in god mode (in his head only) mongoing and agging at will saying "stack.. stack" and dying, who started this without even letting the doc buff. had a 220 keeper who was ebayed, emo'd then left. 213 soldiers dying to unredeemed mobs in easies.... I've seen it all and i'm confident even if i levelled to 220 I could do better than those tards.

Also I am very wary of the fact I wont ding 220 and be butr. I'm not going to be running through pande spamming CH and borking up raids etc. When I hit 200-205 I will be slowing down, questing, soloing, and honing my doccy skills to the max.