Leveling weapon type

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Leveling weapon type

Post by Bredin »

anyone have thoughts on what is easier to level with btw 2HB, 1HB, 1HE and 2HE?

I was leaning towards 2HE, I guess, since i have some 2hE weapons and twink items from when Bredin was 2hE. Also 2HE trickles only from STR STAM and requires no multi melee. Fast Attack seems like it will be on lots of 2HE weapons and it is a light blue skill on enfo, that would be only downside imo

Edit:
just found this thread which has good info about it
General, Athen Paladins
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Re: Leveling weapon type

Post by cutiecub »

Went the 2Hb route on smash (lvl 100), until now weaps are superb

icebreaker > neleb battlerod (chain mongo) > howlet > hungry howlet at 100

Each of these weap are just incredibly good for their requirements.
I didnt put alot of effort in imps or armour untill now (twinking at lvl 100) but with these weaps lvling on deep orange/red mobs was never an issue, and have lvled 80% of the time solo without outside buffs or any high toon to keep me alive.

And I really don't like the low speed on 2HE totw weaps.

At higher lvls I can't say what best.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

thx cutie. maybe I will go 2hB then, because the same argument i used FOR 2hE (that i went 2hE already on Bredin) is also sort of AGAINST 2hE, because its boring :-)

I do sort of want to go 1hE because of sexy-factor
General, Athen Paladins
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

neleb batttlerod is unbelievably useful. you can easily twink it on at lvl 20, and use it right through to level 100.

it's a bit underpowered at 100, but, with a bit of add dmg it maintains it's use with excellent longevity.

Of course, it isnt' the damage that makes it so worth while... For an enf to be able to chain mongo at those levels like like a doc's wet dream, and I found leveling to be very very easy.

At 100, you can change to whatever else.

On my second enforcer (noobasmurf rebuild) I chose 1he with chef cleavers/ chief cook cleavers --> crispies. And it has worked very well, I still use duel CC's on 150 enf.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

i think i would go for a 2handed wepon at lower levels, du to the IP sink in MM on 1handed. 1handed have its benefits (more hits, more taunt) but 2hb is also my recomandation for leveling. You can even use the supportbeam from the sub (atrox only), they look da shizzle! (cant compare to battlerod tho, but are easyer to get and can be equipped earlier)

So,
1. Supportbeam of intolerance (or whatever you can get your hands on at that low levels)
2. Neleb's nightmare battlerod
3. Howlet/hungry howlet
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

thx force :-)

I picked up the battle rod last night, got it equipped (im level 24, so not too bad). did a quick test with it in crip cave.. very nice

thanks for the help all
General, Athen Paladins
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

awesome bredin, let us know how it goes.

I've got a Ql 100 howlet you can borrow later, however, I don't recommend using it, the battlerod far outperforms it, even though the damage is less, the ability of having constant nano stream is too useful to pass up.

HH at around 100 is a really solid upgrade. HH does almost the same dmg at ely hecks as a maul of gwyddawg. I tested on noobasmurf. It was so close I was really annoyed that I spent so much time twinking on the maul.

with ^^^^ inits, maul of gwyddawg might be good, but at around 100-140, the HH outperforms it, imo, esp if you ever do anything OTHER than hecks, IE. aliens.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

I have a QL 103 howlet you can borrow since Smash has the HH equiped

I switched with the 103 or earlier since at some point the nanoflow is to little to notice and dmg gets sucky so at that point switched to the howlet.

And like noobas said this weaps on aliens is awesome. Did not have a chance yet to test it, just got it on but need to do some prek resets to be in full shape.
Anyhow the QL 103 was allrdy very nice in Le mish.
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

i use a HH on my 150 MP and i do 1000-2500 hits on aliens, and im not in DD nor AR setup AT ALL!

So, the HH is a very great weapon until, i dunno, level 200ish? shouldnt switch it for anything less than a ql 250+ sledgehammer/bear imo. But then again, i never tried it past level 150, so i can't really say for sure.
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter