L60 twink - Manicure

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Dheliver
Strong Leet

L60 twink - Manicure

Post by Dheliver »

so I'm making my first ever MA and a L60 totw twink one.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=141798
planned setup.. gogo Halloween drops! (some ql might be off.. no idea about ql weapons possible etc..)

the toon is opi atm
was considering rerolling soli if I could get a nice ql Plaster Circuit - Brawl to drop..

please give me pointers/suggestions!!
would nr2 be viable and have ma rely on osb?..
Dheliver - 220/24 Fixer Stuff.
Dhelegate - 220/30 Bureaucrat Stuff.
Dhelle - 170/24 Agent Stuff.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Re: L60 twink - Manicure

Post by Alphacenta »

Mystical Force Tight Shirt - bad idea. PITA to get.

I would suggest this instead, if you're planning on totw the evadeclose is what you'll need the most anyway + it gives some hp. :)

Comm relay in util3?

I don't think you want NR2 if you're going to solo Aztur selfbuffed.. need to be able to heal and of course buff.

There is one TL4 MA pvp twink on Omni side with NR perked to the max, that's Sashora (Theonora's alt) so maybe if you are after pvp and want to know about NR-perk-viability you should talk to her. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=151903

not many know about this, but there is a hidden MA attack on this wep. adding fast attack to your alpha makes a big difference.

also has sneak attack, so, you got SA, FA, brawl, 3x attack, and even sharp objects if you choose.. makes for a mean pvp alpha, but also a mean alpha vs totw mobs.

I'm goign to build a MA with this setup too. not quite the same, but close.

most MA's in totw fight at full agg or halfish agg, because MA weps are just too slow otherwise.

you will want to be able to heal. don't do NR. It just won't work well enough to merit it. honestly, you might not even want to IP NR.

I'd look first at max IP: ma skill, evade close, (sharp object), treatment
close to max: agi, strength, bio met, psy modi, sens imp, brawl, runspeed, fast attack, first aid
only high enough to equip/keep non OE, sneak attack, comp lit, stam, int, pysch, sense, nano init.

I'd highly recommend considering a setup with high AC's, moderate evades, and just having an unbelieveable alpha, I've seen it work very very well on a froob MA, this guy could alpha nearly every mob in totw, and bosses didn't last through two alphas (except azzy ofc)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Dhel: Did you ever finish this twink? Else farm that Lya now :P

Im thinking of making a froob-TotW twink, do you think this is a good choice? I know MP/engi/enfo are good, but will the MA be able to stand up just as good? Will have quite a lot less evades then the paid version due to no ofab or evade-ncus.

Something like this maybe:
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=166525
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
InsaneEvan
Strong Leet

Post by InsaneEvan »

I've got a Third Eye of Daria that I don't really use, so you can have it if you need it Mortus.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; it is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Marianne Williamson
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

InsaneEvan wrote:I've got a Third Eye of Daria that I don't really use, so you can have it if you need it Mortus.
Thanks, good to know :) Once (if) I get the MA to 60 and do the twinking I'll give you a call.

Found this setup of a froob 60 MA: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=572718. Says its really slow to solo Azzy, and also he uses kizzermoles for added damage (which needs farming). Starting to think MA isnt a good choice. Although I've never played MA and would like to try it (compared to enf which I alrady have). So, not sure what I want to do. However he does his Azzy soloing _selfbuffed_ which is really nice. I think with gsf + hot it would be alot easier, so if I just want azzy loot I can get OSBs and for all other bosses just selfbuff.

Dhel, you got any input from your project on how it went?
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.