Twinking Guide and Checklist: (all TL's)

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Twinking Guide and Checklist: (all TL's)

Post by noobas »

This is a basic guide to twinking at all levels

Twinking can mean a number of different things to a number of different people. One person may want to twink evades, or Matter creations, another may want to twink on item X. Another person may want to not-be-gimp. In some sense, all of these "twinkers" are "twinking".

However, the most technical definition of twinking is to equip any item by using higher level implants than what would be achieveable by using implants of your level or lower.

Consider the implications of this definition, now, understanding that Anarchy Online is the ONLY MMORG with implants, and you quickly realize that the entomological significance of twinking began with AO.

If you want to twink, you need only a medsuit and a base stat buff. But, that would be like saying you want to drive a car, but not turning key. There is a large playerbase dedicated to the art of trickledown, database scouring and camping endlessly, to find the exact highest QL possible to get on a toon that is twinked to the pinacle of ability. So, there is no shortage of competition.

This thread is not about character creation, choosing a prof or choosing an item to twink. It is about providing a general list of items, and the general method of twinking, twinking specific items, and when the appropriate time to twink is.

Let us begin.

This guide assumes that the creator of the char has not outleveled any dungeon without gathering needed and normal items for equipping a toon properly. In no way does "I'm twinking later" exclude anyone from being prudent with stoppage points to collect loot, for example barrow strength, or whithered flesh, or assault class tank armour.

Basics Guide to Low Level Twinking

Dredd's Step by Step Guide to Low Level Twinking

Basic guide to Level 50-99 twinking

Items needed:
medsuit
Optionals:
stalker helmet
lowbie biomech armour cloak
VTE's
NCU ring
lowbie endurance hud
health hud 3 research item
comp lit/base stat pistols
poly pillows (or concrete cushions)
lowbie rings of presence
lowbie miy's melee boots, nano arms, ranged gloves, chest, nano helmet
advanced scent sensor (rat catcher goggles)
novictum ring (ado,pen,inf)
filigree rings: stam+intel, agi_strength, sense+psychic

Because it would be very laborious to give guides on how to twink on different items, I will instead describe the processes involved.

I will assume that the guide in part 1 can be extrapolated to a higher level, and that there are no problems in fitting the required NCU for buffs. I will further assume that you will have any QL implant available to you.

Finally, I'll also assume you have enough skills to equip any of the items listed above. While some of them are slightly tricky for some profs, like VTE's on a trox, if they are unequipable in the beginning it is no problem, because I do not assume that all players have all items, only that these items will help in most twinking situations.

In this example, I will assume that the final (weapon skill) implant is agi based (pistol/burst/fling, RS/NR, 1he/FA/brawl, MM/MR/RS/NR, first aid/fast attack in LH, evade cls,DR,DE foot)

Step 1:buffing treatment and trickles
Equip medsuit, get comp abil, SFA, treat expertise, Fg, behe and IC.
if you have any item which buffs agi/treatment/stam or trickles treatment, equip, as long as you don't equip medsuit pieces.

Step 2: imping stam and treatment
Equip treatment head, eye, hand.
Equip a stam chest as high as possible with current stam levels
Build a stam leg of optimal QL, equip it.
Next, build the highest stam waist possible stam based (cold AC I think)

Step 3: maxing stam
remove the stam chest, and build another to replace it, this is the first laddered implant. NOTE*
Optimally the laddered implant ends with the one giving the HIGHEST bonus (the imp with shiny) in it.)

Step 4: Using stam to imp agi
you should have in: a high stam waist, a high stam leg and a really high stam chest.
a treatment imp set which badly needs a upgrade.

Build the highest possible agi foot stam based. Implant it.

Remove the leg implant.
Check your stam. Equip all stam items (not removing treatment items)
Build the highest possible agi leg which is stam based.
NOTE* at this point, you may want to compare your stam and agi. If you picked opi, your agi should definitly be higher than stam, however, for troxes, it may not be. This step is tricky, because if you choose to base your FINAL agi imps on stam you may get a better benefit, if you are trox. See Step 6.

Step 5: rebuilding treatment and re-imping
rebuild the treatment implants.
start with brain, remove brain.
check treatment, build highest QL brain.
remove eye.
check treatment, build highest QL eye and equip
remove hand, build highest QL hand and equip

Step 6: Maxing AGI
If you are trox, you may have reached your highest agi already, sice your base stam is higher than other breeds. If you are opi or soli, this step will usually garner you a fair bit more agi for weapon twinking:

You should be wearing stam based leg, foot and waist implants. high brain, eye and hand treatment imps.

you should have a fair bit of room to play with for treatment. The first step is to compare your total agi to your total stam. next, subtract the agi modifier on the leg. If the agi is about the same, or less than stam, you should not proceed, if the agi is higher than stam, remove the implant.

Build the highest Agi leg agi based possible that you can fit on. and equip.

Next, remove the foot and build a new foot agi based as high as possible, and equip.

there is no point in changing the waist, since it is not possible to make an agi based agi waist, however, you can rebuild the leg now for a 1-2 point increase in final twinking agi.

Step 7: maxing brain treatment
remove brain, and compare agi to treatment, and see if you have any items that will help you balance maxed agi and maxed treatment. At this point, you optimally want to equip a brain that you do not want to replace for the rest of the twinking process. It should be the absolute highest QL brain you can fit in, with all non conflicting agi/treatment items equipped and implanted to give you the highest possible result. hint: implant sense and treatment for best results.

Step 8: implanting non conflicting weapon and nano support symbs

In this step, you optimally want to build the absolute highest non conflicting imps possible, that means:
RW,LW, LH, and RA if you can make it agi based, Optional conflicting implants include: RH if you want too. Also, ear and sometimes eye.

Build all weapon and weap/nano skill implants to be agi based and implant them.

Step 9: Other implants and Conflicting implants
Last edited by noobas on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Re: Twinking Guide and Checklist: (all TL's)

Post by Ceokittymeow »

Dredd's Step by Step Guide to Low Level Twinking

Just Edit and Copy/Pasta it into your guide Nooba :)
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!