Agro

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Agro

Post by Kyttn »

I am after good ideas for NOT getting agro!

Joined a heck team in Adonis today. It included 2 agents but no enfo. I was level 150 while everyone else was 170+ (highest was 204 Keeper). Even at full def I was agroed on every single hecker. In the end I was casting blind, then nuking, waiting for recharge then waiting another 2-3 seconds before casting. Even then I managed to grab agro occasionally.
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

Here is my two cents... what I have always done is look at the damage coming from my team members and use a nano that matches that damage, put your slider in the middle and nano away...near the end would not hurt to use your best nuke. Also, chemical damage is a hecks worst enemy, seems to casue a bit more damage than most.
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

Post by Valkyrieval »

I don't know the exact algorithm, but I think we all know from personal experience that a LOT of weight is put on big damage spikes. My shade has been tanking a lot at ely hecks. When I look at total damage, I'm still coming out ahead of most of the agents and soldiers, but when they AS or FA, they still pull agro from me most of the time.

So I'd suggest try finding a lower-powered nuke with a faster casting speed and spreading out your damage more.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

well, look at the nanos you are using, some of them have a taunt built in...and just for practical purposes, don't case nanos as fast as you can, hold off a little, I usually wait a little...cast...wait for it....cast....wait just a little more...cast...you get the warning..."attacked by"...that means cast NS2....then wait...wait...wait...cast.
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff