Endgame Options

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Endgame Options

Post by noobas »

Sneak Attack setup on my MA is complete.

currently using: QL 300 kyr'ozch rapier type 992 in offhand, dreadloch shenstick in main hand.

So far, the setup is unbelievable. with SA being in the number 1 spot on my hotbar, brawl 3, fast attack 3, it's 321321321, which produces some pretty sweet damage.

First, some clarifications and then some justifications.

1. I don't want to use AS, with the 3s casting time inc, it's going to seriously detract from MA's ability to use effectively, in fact, it will likely be abandonned by all MA's once it makes it in game. (neccoz exception of course who has gone full ranged)

2. I don't want to hotswap, why? because it's slow, and your efficiency with a SOFC is poor. How many times could you swap and get an SA off, if you aren't paying very close attention, without a hotswap, it's fluid fast damage. Also, SA's with a rapier cap nearly every time on lowish HP targets, and does substantially more damage vs high HP opponents. 100 min dmg vs 280 on rapier, 100-120 crit vs 320 on rapier (I think).

3. I'm losing MA attacks! zomg boohoo. Not an issue. I haven't tested it yet, but, I don't care. You can't land FOL on evaders, UWOS is annoying to lose, but meh, and it clears out a WHACKload of space on hotbars and inventory.

4. I still Have MA attack as the perk check, but gain fast attack and SA on offhand.

5. I can take 60% of someones HP with SA dimach. not possible to rely on sofc like that.

so far, I'm loving it.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Re: Endgame Options

Post by Mrfreeman »

5. I can take 60% of someones HP with SA dimach. not possible to rely on sofc like that.

based on your justification for not using AS, this becomes a moot point too as SA and dimach and AS and full auto will all be on the same lock out as it stands now. Also as MAs are bow users (majorly supported) we will most likely recieve the second AS that will come out (both the 3sec charge one, and the lower dmg on the fly one)

so the most dmg you can get out will be SA, brawl and fast attack (2 of which will be evaded by any evade class) and you now lost your main dmg for high HP mobs/players with the loss of your fist crits.

IMHO the losses you get for not being able to use MA attacks is too great. the stun on Ape fist, the 2k refreshing absorb on Inner Balance, the bigger DPS than dimach with Touch of Sai Fung, the +400 AAO from Delerium, the nano drain from Enigma, the root/snare remover and target snare on UAWoS.

Personally I really hope FC comes out with a new weapon for MAs that includes SA or FA on it, every prof got new weapons and more AR with xan and MAs got jack #%$& again. Although I am looking forward to the new parry/ripsote (which supposedly MAs will benefit the most from) and nano adjustments to compensate for our lack of everything under the sun. (how do none evade profs , read NT/trader , get better evade buffs than MAs?)
Once upon a wave of summer,
I saw a bright, blue, cloudless sky
Before I felt blessed with thunder,
Then I was nuked- the end is nigh
- Solidstriker (AO Forums)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I have determined that using a rapier, or any other weapon that does not offer a "combined MA attack" is really really at odds with the MA professional perks.

My main general beefs are:

with a non MA combined wep equipped, you cannot:
use the non-wep equipped Pure MA attack
cannot use MA attacks
cannot use harmonize body+mind
cannot use any MA dmg perk attacks

so far, however, remarkably, my experience has not been bad. with fast attack (6s recharge) and SA, I'm able to really really easily, runup to a low HP prof and take off a HUGE chunk of HP.

SA on rapier caps very very often (not on enf)
fast attack doesn't land that much, but it's uberfast
it's fun to play
since the perks don't work, I can play with 1 hand very easily :P

I am considering aleksanders punchknife, since it has MA combined attack and fast attack, so, while my attack rate will go down with my main MA attack, I can still get a fast attack off as well.

I am now considering using an alexander punchknife + flabbergaster, as both of these have MA combined attack, which would give me: SA, FA, brawl, and MA combined attack and a whack of attacks per minute... who knows! could be fun!
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

noobas wrote: I am considering aleksanders punchknife, since it has MA combined attack and fast attack, so, while my attack rate will go down with my main MA attack, I can still get a fast attack off as well.

I am now considering using an alexander punchknife + flabbergaster, as both of these have MA combined attack, which would give me: SA, FA, brawl, and MA combined attack and a whack of attacks per minute... who knows! could be fun!
One thing to keep in mind, is that SA is effected by ACs, so a weapon like the Flabbergaster probably won't cap very often compared to the Rapier.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I'm well aware rulz. that was why I wanted to use rapier, or other high min dmg wep in the first place.