Reactivated account, need some MP advice

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Forcenum
Big Leet

Reactivated account, need some MP advice

Post by Forcenum »

Good news guys, i reactivated one of my accounts. It's not the account i have Forcenum on, but the one i have my 150 MP on.

The reason for this, is that i simply got bored of playing enfo. (and the fact that i gave ALL my credz and phatz away when i left)
MP has so far been VERY much fun, and after seeing Chris in PvM action, i know that a MP can do superbly. One man army ftw!

Well, to cut to the chase, as of now, its a atrox MP in Combined officers, useing a Hungry Howlet. SETUP
I do pretty well in sec10, both in teams and solo.
My evades are around the 900s and so is my AR. I can solo up to 5 aliens if there is no cha'sinus among them.

But i guess 2hb isnt the best way to go for later levels? I did read up on the advice given on forums, and it seems that 1hb or pistols is the way to go for PvM

My goal is to make a Solo/PvM survivability and damage machine (if that is possible) - Evades/aad/reflects and Massive damage

So, guys, please help me out here, regarding armor, weapons and perks.
My budget is atm 30 mill (yeah, i gave EVERYTHING away) so i need a direction to head towards so i dont "waste" time and credz on useless stuff.

Thanx
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Reactivated account, need some MP advice

Post by noobas »

If youre playing in S10, I'd say you'll go from about 30m to 950m in about 2 weeks, if you play a few hours a night.

Once youre in the lots of millions range, think about levelign to 165? or stay 150 for S10?

I don't know what to recommend for a troxy MP, but I know S10 is the bounty haven.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

I was kinda wanting to go for TL7, but i guess you are right, i should bounty hunt some first

Not aiming for PvP at all, i dont think i can handle it. I'm just not patient and stubborn enough to get on all the sick gear needed to be the "best". Andi just dont want to be omni cannonfodder :-)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I'll make a better answer soon, been busy today. :) But about perks, go for Soothing Sipirits with its two special actions, channel rage which special effect on pet will last two hours after profession rebalance, and if, as a Trox, you have issues with nano (that should be fixed with some stuff unless you're a massive nuker) get genius perk 2 for the nano regeneration special (yes, like an enforcer).

Also, if you need nanoskills, try to raise Champion of nanocombat (alien perk) which is more interesting than nano doctorate and doesn't use regular perk points.

More to come...
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

Thanx man.

Have soothing spirits, channel rage and nano combat trained atm, and it seems pretty ok. Not impressed by the heal and nano from soothing yet, but it might get better when i train more perks. Also had a run in sec10 last night, was soloing 6 "normal" aliens and didn't even go under 50% HP, so that was fun. Also made 28mill, so i guess ill stay at sec10 until i have enough credz to invest in phatz again. And the AXP don't hurt either. Can always level my supagimped 199 keeper in the meantime :D

Done some calcs on damage based on what i THINK i should be able to get on without too much hassle at level 150, and it seems that on low AC mobs, like RK and aliens, the Hungry Howlet will OD some kyr'hammers pretty much, even tho the i get more perks on hammers, but on high AC mobs, the hamers will OD the howlet by alot actually... decisions descisions....

Looking forward to more tips tho :wink:
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

If you want to also save creds you could go for 2he, I found that pretty fun on my trox MP, only changed to ranged at about 205.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

2he vs. 2hb... please enlighten me. I don't se the benefit to switch, espesially when it comes to the new staf and shield which also are 2hb...
And the hungry Howlet and the Pained Panther are equal in damage and speed.

Atrox MP have 2he perks i dont know about or something? or some armor/research?
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

No perks specifically for 2he, its just a viable option for not spending creds as you can get an FBR & you sorted for awhile or borrow someones old Kyr swords.

So yes prob not viable for you to IP reset to change over.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

End-game MP is clearly Tigress for PvP and Chaos of the Xan for PvM. Both are crossbows (Bow + range init and not pysical init, Fling shot for both, and AS for the Tigress which requires some specific setup). Although the Staff of Julian Redfire (2HB) is very good, it's usually not a great of for an MP to be near the mobs or near melee PvPers (fear the Shades) and it lacks specials (on the other hand his attack skill is mostly...TS which is of course very nice for MPs).

What I did is going crossbow and have enough 2HB to be able to equip the Zset shield which, if you know how to use it, makes you almost invulnerable in PvP, except to MPs and to some very PvP skilled people like Lupus who know when and how to hit but still, they can't kill you easily at all.

More info to come...
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

if you know how to use it, makes you almost invulnerable in PvP
Thats what I'm kinda hoping for you could help me out with "knowing" Chris ;-)

So, the Xan crossbow is a good damagedealer at TL7, and the Tigress ofc for PVP, but what about a leveling weapon? I kinda have 50 normal and 20 Shadow levels to grind trough, and I DO NOT WANT to be a slacker in teams, I wanna pull my own and then some. I just cannot seem to find a viable choice of bow for lower levels...

And thanx for the advice grind. FBR on a Tier (social) or Ofab atrox MP looks da bomb, but i have decided to go with Noobas advice, and grind some sec 10 before i head on, so i have the creds to keep my setup up to date.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

You can use 2hb to good effect in teams until the shadowlevels with a Maul of Gwyddawg, full agg and you can get the speed down to managable levels after a while, also pretty cheap on the IP.
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

Have done some hours in sec10 now. I guess about 5 hours so far, and made 108 mill. Boring, but insanely beneficial!
I have also red up on the official MP forums, and decided to just farm sec10 in the gear i have, and wait for the rebuild before i change my mind. Get some AI levels and finish the last research line.

Then i should be more or less set to go for the endgame run later on. Think this will be a good idea, since i don't have too much time online, and the thought of redoing mp now, and having to do it again in a few months just don't appeal too much :wink:

Might even get in some BS runs for VP's. Not sure about that tho, cos i guess a PvM melee setup 150 MP is more or less only useful as cannon fodder, but hey, as long as clan wins, i get VP :D
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

so, as some of you have already seen, i have reactivated my accounts. i finished school, and am now searching for a job. industrial design isnt as lucerative as it used to be unfortunately.... economic crisis... nerf! but, as we say in norway: "det ordner seg for snille gutter" - translated: "nice guys will manage just fine..."

but, thats another matter.

i have leveled my mp to 180 atm (thank you daily missions and doja's!!), and i love it. one man army ftw!

i do want to know, though, if any of you guys have tried the special edition crossbow from sec10. as far as i can tell, it od's the HH with quite a lot on high AC mobs from the stats i have atm. i can also manage about 100 more ar with bow compared to 2hb.

if anyone has experience with it, please tell.

oh, and maybe some pointers on level 200 pvp as atrox mp?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Dark4 uses the Sector 7 crossbow and he is very happy with it. You should talk to him.

The only MP PvP twink we have is the one Lupusceleri made. If he reads this or if you can meet him, he will be certainly happy to talk about him but he is not a Trox. (Lupus is somewhat away at the moment though/)