Meet George Jetson

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Meet George Jetson

Post by noobas »

Hey guys.

I'm starting a new build thread. This one will be a very very tough project. I am done my 170 keeper, and I'm goign to start this new twinkage project to keep me busy.

This one will be tough, very very tough, and I'll need some help.

First off, the plan is a 150 Engy made for damage whoring, and I mean whoring at S10.

The plan is a 200 bigburger, (thanks mop, I donate 8m to org bank), paired with a... Amep.

The augmented Master Engineer pistol requires some 1800 Electrical Engineering and the same for Weapon Smithing I think, but, that isn't the major setback.

the major problem is equiping a pistol with req's of 1701.

So, here is the setup I'm proposing.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=157225

It's not too hard to do, except for the LOX NCU's. Those are the only thing I'm lacking significantly on. But they will be just as integral as every other part.

This setup will bring me very very close to the requirement, and probably a big org contract and the highest tower will be needed to pull it off. It comes down to trickle on agi and sense to make it work.

I'll post more about this as it develops.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Re: Meet George Jetson

Post by Grind42 »

So start saving those QL 233 Bio Clumps^^
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I don't know if I can be bothered about this atm.

It's an idea that I'm sort of half working on. The problem is complicated.

I went to S10 yesterday afternoon for a bit. And I found that there are serious drawbacks to using the engi in S10.

For one, you want to keep mobs far from you, but, S10 is hard to make that work, because they're popping all over the place. Next, I'm constantly spamming DVP, which, isn't an issue, but what is an issue is that if youre in nano recharge and a vector pops near you, they hit really effing hard, and they don't seem to be much affected by DVP.

There just isn't a lot of room for error. Damage by the bots seems to be quite good. Really good, honestly, the slayer is duel weilding and hitting for about 1500-2200 crits and the dog adds a bit too. my damage on top of that with perks and all, and mops HP drops quickly. The problem is that you're just ready for a bit squish anytime coon isn't ready.

Mobs pop too close often to provide distance, and teh bot doesn't take agg enough. It's tough.

I think that there maybe a few options, but, realistically, the only way I see this working is to go with a 2s HD setup, and sacrifice a crap load of other defences to make it work. First aid will need to be twinked as well, and -skill lock to get it down to a low recharge....

First aid+evades+low tick HD+control symb+skill lock for healing...
Damage will have to be sacrificed, and theres no way I'll be able to use a supple setup, so teh supple would only be used for equipping a wep. As a result its a temp usage item. I think I may attempt a MBC setup instead, and sink all my pistol perks into enhance DNA for better HD ticks.

I could use the 22 stam sleeves for an extra 44 stam, plus behe and I could probably get it down to a 4s tick or so...miy's boots, a few rings and hud items and I might be able to get it up even to 3. Combined with 3x HD symbs in LA, leg, foot control symbs, I might not be in a bad postition. Add in jeru's oscillating ligature and other healing from FA, it *could* work.

fingers crossed. I'll build a new auno for this type of setup. should have chosen trox ffs.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Sounds like a fun toon!

I had some similar idea for a s10 crat focused on DD. Currently sitting unfinished at lvl 130 or something (on a locked account :P). Anyway, most comments I got were to not focus the toon as much on pure DD, but instead go for good survivability with "decent" DD. Which, I hated to admit, made a lot of sense. DD pushing toons might be fun to plan/build, but the DPS will undoubtedly drop a LOT if you die even once, if the comparison is made to a toon with decent DD that just keeps on grinding and never dies... Then again, maybe your goal isnt to make a hard-to-kill S10 toon, but the MOST DAMAGING EVER OMG PUSH DD :P

edit: noticed now that you (noobas) actually commented on my toon too, saying exactly that. However my toon was a crat so maybe engi is more suited for the pure DD build.
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

hmm I'm going to look at my comments on your crat.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

noobas wrote:hmm I'm going to look at my comments on your crat.
Here's the thread if you didnt find it.

Any progress on the engi? New ideas, improved setups?
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

just grinding out research.

Still entertaining the idea of a HD setup, but I've also found that there is another way to heal:

1. stims (obvious)
2. treatment kits NOT battle prepared. When I lose agg, which happens frequently, I can sit quick for a BIG heal.

The trick though, is that you can't be in a fight, which makes it difficult to use in emergencies. so it's half worthless. Soo, it turns out it might be extremely useful to have a ring of memory loss, which I don't have.

still though, I've been playing without the use of first aid stims. So, I think that if I twink up first aid, I can use a pretty good first aid stim and a decent QL treatment kit to do some pretty powerful healing. that, and a bit more evades, a bit more AC's, a bit more NR and I should be in a decent position to start working on damage.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

noobas wrote:just grinding out research.

Still entertaining the idea of a HD setup, but I've also found that there is another way to heal:

1. stims (obvious)
2. treatment kits NOT battle prepared. When I lose agg, which happens frequently, I can sit quick for a BIG heal.

The trick though, is that you can't be in a fight, which makes it difficult to use in emergencies. so it's half worthless. Soo, it turns out it might be extremely useful to have a ring of memory loss, which I don't have.

still though, I've been playing without the use of first aid stims. So, I think that if I twink up first aid, I can use a pretty good first aid stim and a decent QL treatment kit to do some pretty powerful healing. that, and a bit more evades, a bit more AC's, a bit more NR and I should be in a decent position to start working on damage.
Ring of memory loss only works for lvl >= 125 though?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

new idea, as a result of inspiration from dawa 971

MA engi+slayerdroid transferance+ duel lotus parry sticks.

btw I need sticks: any of your high QL fixers have one or two around? will pay market price for them.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Sticks can be rolled iirc, I might have a ql 160 or 2. I forget I was going to make a Paryy stick MP for lowbie pvp.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

noobas wrote:new idea, as a result of inspiration from dawa 971

MA engi+slayerdroid transferance+ duel lotus parry sticks.

btw I need sticks: any of your high QL fixers have one or two around? will pay market price for them.
I have 1 ql 200 Lotus parry stick extra. Rolled for Alpha when he was twinking his MP out :) Hit me when I'm online. (probably on Warr/Sells/Mortuunt)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

awesomeness mort.

I'll check the price of a lotus stick. Last I heard they were about 25m each, so I'll make sure to compensate you in whatever way you choose. My engi does lap dances.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

doesnt melee kind of abandon your distance rule? I guess however that the furtherst spot to the next pop will be right on top of the mob you are killing. I always thought the mentality behind pet profs was to not do a bunch of dmg yourself or you will get agg. Rather do a "good" amount of dmg without ODing. Or have a big alpha you can whip out when the mob drops below a certain amount of HP.

Biggest annoyance is the duration of buffs and the ability to find them. Nothing wors than being in the middle somewhere and buffs run out. So you should think about being self-sustaining without OSBs too. These days a lot of the s10 money is in those relays and the ICE/bounties. No need to be able to smash everything around.

Also IIRC straight ahead and a bit to the left there is an alcove that is pretty good to farm. Structured pops etc. Can have a wall at your back
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Actually rojo,

The point of MA engi+duel parry sticks is multi purpose:

solid evade setup, that I can modify with stam sleeves and a moderate HD setup for extra healing, plus the benefit of flower of life for emergencies.

also, Engies have slayerdroid transferance which is a 300 MA buff. so, it could work.

and yes I agree with you, seems counter intuitive, but it could also be very effective since I'll be on top of pops.

We'll see, lots of work to do for it.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

I think it sounds like fun, definatly something different. I like it! How can you not like an idea which means two giant robots made for slaying will be going rampange on your screen at all times? :D