MA Weapons

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: MA Weapons

Post by Rulzern »

The AR you have isn't nearly as significant as the MA skill you have.

If you have 1400 MA skill and 1600 AR, your damage will look something like this (MA has 1/3 post-1k AR template, right?):

544-2240(2644-4340)

If you have 1600 MA skill and 1600 AR, your damage will look like this:

632-2600(2776-4744)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Yes.

AAO doesn't really do too much aside from landing your attacks.

I checked hazangerine bear claws with 1000 skill 500 add dmg and 200 aao and 50% crit, and the damage looked pretty good, esp vs low AC something like 6k dmg every 10 seconds.

course, that was tracking dmg with only the one wep, not 2 weps with combined MA attack, but would probably be about 4/3 that for around 8k every 10 seconds with 3 attack bars.

Thats not bad damage. add perks and brawls and your easily at the top spot.

Been looking at a item called a west wind katana QL 200. I think it has some other specials, but MA base, 2he 2ndary req. and MA combined attack. It would be kinda cool higher min dmg, higher crit, and higher max dmg than claw. 2he is dark blue for MA tho.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

The problem with the katana(s) is that they can't be dual-wielded, and they're pretty slow (recharge is 3 seconds).

Also, I can imagine that Disharmony would benefit greatly from triple-wielding, even at such a low level.

Another interesting weapon could be the White Ant Nunchaku (lower QLs are called Terminte Nunchaku, non-turnspirit ones are Sacrosanct Enel-Xum Nunchaku). They're kind of slow, but with very nice modifiers and pretty good damage, I can definately see them as being viable. (Dual-wielding two of them would give you 600 HP, 80 Evade Clsc. and 80 Phys. Init.)

Man, all this talk about weapons and pimping out DD almost makes me want to level my MA to 150.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

those are some nice modifers! phys init /evade close ftw and 600 hp for pvm is awesome especially at whatever level you can get those on.

I know, ever since we started talking about it, I've wanted to make a lowbi MA too

It's makin me crazy actually.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Guys!
I gotta confess :)
I´ve been reading you guy and this turned me on many many posts ago ;)
So I have allready started one :)
He´s lvl 65ish now and I can corferm what that dmg just flows from him.
I can´t wait to get him higher :)
Hes got claws on a pair of 118 atm
About those nunchaks it seems that only high lvl ones are with evades
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Lasa!!!!!!!!!

<3

That is soo cool man! I want to see your MA! It sounds really exciting, and I can't wait to see him wherecver you are taking him :D wtb team !!!
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Okay I've got my 102 MA on testlive setup with a set of symbs now (lowbs but w/ever), a set of QL145 CM minus gloves, and for the rest an add damage setup.

Now I've got one more question. Should I max out Piercing too for the Claw? Or just raise it high enough?

And - wouldn't a QL150 Torturing Tool be MUCH MUCH better than a QL200 Claw?

86-86 (515) - Cold AC

vs

40-310 (300) - Fire AC

I mean, way more crit damage, way higher min damage. But with Chemical fists I'll not do min damage on hecks right? :p

The mobs I'll be killing are ely/ado Hecklers for now. If I get to 150 I can just IPR again and pick whatever is best against aliens as I have like 200 IPR points.

EDIT: I R noobies, QL200 TT doesn't drop so I can use only a QL150 one at most :P Edited the rest of the post to reflect this.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ya.

For hecks obviously chem dmg, but also I think youre right about the TT. If you've got higher min dmg good, but if you crit, which is based on the %, not the AC's of the mob (like max dmg is) you should get the best results out of TT with a big crit and higher min dmg as opposed to the claws.

The claws really are best on RK (which is what we discussed)

Against hecks, I'd say your damage might suffer a little bit with a weapon on, however, if you've got a decent min dmg, and lots of add damage, you'll still maul them.

The max ben skill on the claws is quite high, so you could raise your peircing to affect damage.. I'm not sure what the effect of it is vs. high AC or low AC mobs tho.

I do know tho, that the claws will be best if you need a trader to put em on, and you can barely keep them out of OE.

I really want to get the MBS stat figured out. I've seen a QL 25 or 50 survival axe (I think) with MBS of 2500. I have no idea what that would mean for it's dmg, but I do know the damage range on it was tight, like 25-32(25) or so, so if the skill on the wep increased the damage probably increased substantially too.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Look here for information on how to calculate post-1k AR template, and from there the damage. When you figure out the post-1k AR template for MAs, please post in that thread with the information.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

My MA doesn't have 1k AR yet :embarassed:

I'll give it a go on my agent though. Advy is @ 1k as well but can't lower it much without going under that 1k.

Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Got a 133 TT on MA yesterday (Thanks grind).

I'm no expert in measuring DD, but I ran through a 165 RK mish just to see what it was like.
Posting this from work though, so numbers are not 100%, and I don't remember the AR on my MA.

Anyway:

Fist crits were around 3k iirc
TT crits were around 1k5

I was running this with firefists.

I'll try to get hold of a claw for other hand today to compare some.

If someone feels like helping me measure here, feel free to gimme a tell later on :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Thanks for those numbers mard.

Need a few more to make a good camparison.

Mainly: amount of add dmg, crit rate (or crit % add) And AR, if you had DPM as well that would be awesome.

If youre trying to figure out how someone can think youre getting more damage out of weps than fists, when the wep does puny damage, you really have to subscribe to the method before comparing:

To make it work: Add damage, moderate crit and lots of phys init in that order are important.

Try to get 500+ add damage. I would only use crit items that don't reduce your melee init. offense hud 3 particularly (with 100 add damage and 30 AAO will be more beneficial than a VTS/TS), for crit, just using UVC, and pred circlet and debilitating strike should be enough, and the phys init will take care of itself.

Also, the whole weapons endeavor relies on one KEY thing, which is equipping a weapon which otherwise wouldn't be usable, by means of a wrangle or twinking.

I mean, comparing a 150 MA dmg to a 150 keeper (225 mk6 wolf) means that the MA should be able to utilize the effects of having a greater than skill wep equiped.

What level is your MA mard? And don't forget the TT was specifically supposed to be better on hecks and high AC mobs, while the claws were assumed to be better on RK mobs, (with a higher max dmg/hit)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

TT was ingame before SL or hecklers were introduced or even thought of.

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

hum, alpha... no, WE are saying: because of the mind dmg it'll be better on hecks.

I don't care when/for what purpose it was developed in game.

The point we're making on this post line is that bigger min dmg is better vs high AC mobs.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

MA is 150. I'll see if I can dig up some more numbers during the evening and run some dmg numbers on various stuff.