Thoughts of thongs (Rulzinthong)

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Thoughts of thongs (Rulzinthong)

Post by Rulzern »

So, I've been thinking about the setup on my doc lately, wondering which direction to take him in.

There are two main areas that I see as possibilities, it's either parry/riposte, or perception. Parry/riposte would be for the added survivability they add, while perception would be for hotswapping to a DD setup. I'm not sure how effective parry and riposte will be after the rebalance, and I'm pretty sure I won't have the IP for both of them.

So anyway, what I was thinking was something like this:

Regular setup
DD harloting setup

Any thoughts?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Thoughts of thongs (Rulzinthong)

Post by noobas »

I didn't know you had an ACDC.

Get a Igoc.

i like the DD harloting bit.

are there any crit adding spirit shrouds a doc can use?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Do you really need the Nano Enhancer? Perhaps use another Ancient defender.

Also yes Igoc for normal setup & MoTR for DD one.

Otherwise looking good Rulz 8)

Spirit Shroud of the Artillery gives +1 crit
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

defender wont really do much. Docs already have plenty of debuff removers and pretty ok NR. The AAD means squat. A 210 shade can perk a 220 doc with room to spare. I say boost your nano skills for the pesky NT/Fix/Advy/Enf high NR profs. Better to capitalise on your strengths than try to cover all bases. In BS you will be killed by some profs no matter what. I think its best to be able to win the 50/50 fights.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I don't have an ACDC, these are "goal" setups.

The iGoC is better than the MotR for DD harloting (~2k added damage on crits, so ~20 damage per crit%).

The artillery spirit shroud adds 1% crit, but that would be a project for when the toon is otherwise done, I don't want to spend another month camping those stupid notum scrotums.

I'm not sure if I'll need the nano enhancer, I don't think so, but I'll have to look over my skills after I finish research and get alphas in (while I do IP :p). For PvP I'd rather have some more HP than a tiny bit more nano skills, with the way NR works.

Thanks for your input so far everyone! :)
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

The point of the Dual Defenders is for MORE HP !!! Better than NR imo as NR is kinda broken.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Axirillon
Big Leet

Post by Axirillon »

Took a quick glance at it, looks fairly solid to me, but might want to pick DB combat chest over enhanced jathos, you'll lose some max hp but gain dmg + 2 to crit and some other modifiers.
Also you will want to take a look at your cost modifiers, there is a cap on that and at 220 I don't think you'll need a cpu upgrade to meet that. Havn't looked at thwat the ncus are ye got in there, but might be usefull to use the 3x db ncu fer added hp or another infused yutto's.

- Axi