CHRIS HELP!!!! Trader Help (original topic)

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
InsaneEvan
Strong Leet

CHRIS HELP!!!! Trader Help (original topic)

Post by InsaneEvan »

Ok I moved this thread to Trader section, left "Leave shadow topic" ticked as last time I unticked it I deleted the thread & everything was deleted..... what do I do now? Delete this thread or Merge it... or.... The original post is in PVP section...?
The original post is the one that I want to remove.
Thx Forums training 101 :-)

The rest is Insane's post etc.....

Ok, I've started a PvP froob Trader, going to be using him for Towers.
I've got a few questions first:
a) What TL is he most needed for, and which level do you recommend me stopping him at? I know most of the 'stop-offs' as such, but any extra input would be greatly appreciated.
b) As he's going to be a froob (like all my toons) I understand he's mainly going to be useful for drains, and not a lot else. I've started as a Soli for simplicity as I've never had a trader before, but I'm thinking about re-rolling him as an Opi and going for an evade setup. Again, any thoughts?
c) Are there any must-have items people think I should get?

Haven't got a setup yet, but when I know which TL he's needed at I'll get working on one straight away.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; it is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Marianne Williamson
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Re: PvP Trader

Post by Grind42 »

Insane, depending on your lvl of twinking expertise & how long you want to spend twinking is the lvl you should go for.
In my experience the lower the lvl of the toon the harder it is to twink.

Traders can pawn in most lvl ranges tbh.... I would suggest making a lvl 14 tower twink cause you will mostly always have the opportunity to do towers & can even go take a site on your own.

Next up I would say a TL2-3 trader. perhaps Lvl 61 iirc I will have to check lvl ranges again for a more specific lvl. Anything between 14-20 works. After that its negotiable. Clan is very strong at wars in the 160-174 range TL5.
I would suggest a lvl between 14 - 130 tbh as any toons over that would be doing Sec7 & have decent gear so you may find yourself in a world of hurt, even though Traders are awesome.
Start small, work your way up considering you are froob. If you need twinking help or even some assistance getting items give me a shout.

I will have to think on Items & concerning breed, Opi is nice.

Poached from http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=536287
At the beginning, most people find Opifex or Solitus traders easiest to play; good HP combined with good nanopool and rather well-balanced abilities (except perhaps Opifex and its problems with Stamina sometimes) make these two breeds well-suited for the Trader profession. Opifex carries an advantage over Solitus with symbiants and a slightly higher Shotgun skill than Solitus Traders, but this merely places Solitus in a very close caliber with Opifex; both are great all-around breeds.
Lowbie Traders dream is ql 50 Pump Master or Pump Trainee (lower QL's)

If you going higher lvl then you have a choice....Ithaca Ki-8 Snakemaster & Krutt Assault 219 Waltzing Queen Special
Armor u may want Crawler, Barter or Carb/Storm Carb once u have the specified QL.

Thats all the input I have for you atm.

P.S once you have replied to this I am going to move it to the Trader section in AP forums under Proffesions & Equipment.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
InsaneEvan
Strong Leet

Post by InsaneEvan »

Sweet, cheers Grind. I was thinking of a tl 3 one, just to give myself enough comfort space to make a few mistakes, especially as I've only really made one twink before, and that wasn't properly either.
And I will definitely come and pick your brains at some point.
Aiming for a level 58-61 at the moment, will let you know when I decide.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; it is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Marianne Williamson
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Kewl Beans, there are also a few other weapon choices..... plenty to choose from 8)
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins