doc weapon

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
kilverjr
Mini Leet

doc weapon

Post by kilverjr »

I started a doc for fun, and i know you shouldn't use weapons at low lvls, but when should you start using a weapon and what type should you use?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

You -can- use MA pretty cheaply at any level. Don't even raise Physinit, but max MA. Your IP will be ok, and you can swap a chalice in/out.

You can do the same with pistol, but you'll want to use a no-specials pistol, those are hard to find, and MA will be better short term. You can add to Pistol specials later on. 110+ is a good range for a Doc to be able to self CDRs.

Shotguns are a good option too, and can last throughout your character, but will get old after awhile.

As you get high enough you have the IP to spend, either switch (pistols is recommended) or just start maxing Brawl.

The above can carry you a long way. Just be aware, except very early in the game and very late in the game, you'll HATE your damage. You can sacrifice other skills for weapons until around L80, but after that point you have to decide on being a great team Doc, or on being a gimped Adventurer (as in, you have to decide on trying to get your weapons to do alot of damage or being the best healer you can ... you don't get to do both until 190+).

BTW, If you like Melee, look at going 1HE when you can equip Gelids (150/160?). They do very very good damage and can last some players to 210+. Otherwise try and stay with Pistols or Shotgun.
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

Post by Valkyrieval »

CDR's pwn at level 45, are kinda gimpy at 75, and suck at 100.
Valkyrieval
Metadiva DisasterArea Dominia Phycsyr Hylyr Tatuaj DoctorAphra BringTheHurt & a few more
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Valkyrieval wrote:CDR's pwn at level 45, are kinda gimpy at 75, and suck at 100.
We're talking about Docs and weapons that will let the Doc focus on healing primarily, not weapons that "pawn".

And I said "self" at 110+ ... which means they can be squeezed on far earlier.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

I put duel cdrs on my lvl 60 doc twink, he heals great and pwns in pvm...not so much in pvp.
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
docichick
Mini Leet

Post by docichick »

Yes i am a total n00b when it comes too docs :roll: ,but all i can say is that equiping pistol on low lvl is not a very smart idea (only talking abouth fr00bs) because its hard too get good pistol , myself i went for sol k-91. Positive thing abouth pistols is the engi luv you can use too give your damage a huge boost. (with EP extreme prejudice +110 pistol :O ) And maybe rapid weapon too (engi buff as well) and yes there is even more too learn from engis at later lvls. Because as a fr00b i personally think equiping dual POPS is quite impossible you might consider making yourself an engi gun (is very quick gun with great mods especialy when its hits 200 and has nice crits too, no specials though but its really more off an off-hand gun) I needed too raise two things, the rest of the tradeskilling could be done with imps and tutoring devices and buffs. At low lvls this will hurt your Ip a lot though so dont start with it too early. And the great news is that you only need tradeskills too lvl item. So when you finaly reached the point your gun hits 200. Its reset time ^^ and you can put the Ip in stuff you really need or just keep it if you like the tradeskilling. As far as mainhand i first went parasitic hecaleech (from IS) after that i switched too POP. The IS gun get kinda gimped after lvl 165 though and thats probably the same as the POP wich i think will get out of OE at lvl 195. As far as alternatives there are many especialy on lowbie lvls (like sol-med laser or even styg) but when you get higher youll have little choiche since most of the stuff is prof related. Hope this little post was usefull for someone ^U^
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Trying to get Cdrs for docnono to darn hard to get, did a attempt lately ann doc lvl 45 is very squichy in biomare; dual logged with a squichy toon is even more dangerous. Only managed to get a CDR on fixer DOOOH :shock: . I hate the nodrop on them.
But will keep trying. Purpose of doc is totw helper anyway so no need to lvl beyond that.
Joeenfo
Growing Leet

Post by Joeenfo »

very easy to get send me a tell anytime you want some i can solo all of it easy takes about 30-45 min to get 2 of them
docnono
Mini Leet

Joe where have you been?

Post by docnono »

Would be very nice off you trying allrdy a month to get them :-). Not many peeps are able to get them solo it seems or just another case of bad teaming. Hope we can work a timeschedue out and that others can benefit too, can bring fixer in to assist but the dual log part allrdy made me doc goe to heaven :o . Well reclaim actualy.

So hope to meet you soon.

Cutiecub aka Komofix aka wife of Docnono aka Mochi5

PS Mochi5 is MP offcourse, following advice to make a mp rather then a agent. Main purpose is a buff toon located at Vangaurds for AP buffs.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

<-Ceokitty btw :lol:

Its true that Doc's shouldn't worry about any type of dmg till later in his/her/its life. I will contest that dual CDR's is a tuff job at lvl 41. Had Army log my doc, had a friend log a enfo in that rng and i logged my fr00b slayer engi and we just bullet through to delta and then get to the director. Grabbed 2 CDR's and was done.

Well I will say that was the easy part.

Getting them on took 2 days of horror and buff begging. Ladder Imp'ed up to 125+ Agi/Stam imps for leg, foot, waist and chest to place in the 125+ "CDR Imps". Not to mention the Nova Dillon, med suit, perk resets and a headache, was able to get them on

Why get these 2 guns on so early and screw up my IP a little to do so?

Becasue the gun does not have a MBS for one, and two... I have seen how fair they will work out all the way to 150+ as my crat (Ceokittymeow) used em and had a feeling that they were underpowered yes, but they did dmg WITHOUT drawing aggro! Thats the beauty of this... they will always pull out dmg and you will be safe from pulling aggro! And it is hard enough for docs to manage aggro with thier healing!

So in conclusion, CDR's is a viable option but it is a matter of playing experience,twinking ability, style of play that should determine how early you want them on...

On a side note: IF anyone needs CDR's, I can bring them into Biomare (aka Foremans) with my engi twinker and help them get it, just need a meat shield for the lower toons
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Re: doc weapon

Post by Anonfx »

I'm gonna add in my two cents here and say that every doc i have created, i have always used rifles, never had any issues with rifles...plus, not bad in pvp later on.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

bump on rifles.. I haven't tried that, but it was the pvp option I wanted to go with, kyr'ozch rifle has better min dmg than bow, and has AS..

Only other wep I would otherwise consider is a ranged energy with AS, fling, and decent min dmg.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Depends on level, if you want to reset skills, and if you want to do PvP, PvM or both.

Pistols last you the entire lifetime of your doc, does crap in PvP until you get the SL DoTs, can do very well in PvM at any level if you put in the effort to make it shine.

Another option that a lot of docs do (that want to stay on top of damage) is the JAME Blaster Prototype XII and then the Massive Bolt Charger.

MA is also a popular option for leveling docs, I don't have any experience with this, so I can't comment too much on it's effectiveness pre-BoB/Shens.

Pretty much anything can work fairly well on PvM docs, although there are some things you should keep in mind:
The DoTs take a lot of time to cast, I'm not sure about the status right now, but you should expect to lose at the least 10-15% of regular hits from casting (DoTs take at least 3 seconds out of every 30 seconds).
More hits per minute means more chances for procs, same with specials.
Specials are not affected by nano-casting.
Pimping out DD to the max means timing your nano casting with the attack/recharge bar (nano casting doesn't interrupt attacks in recharge, but interrupts them in attack), you won't always be able to do this.

Simply going with the option that gives you the most damage per minute when non-interrupted may not always give you the best result. It's also important to consider the supporting gear that goes with your weapon choice.

For PvP pre-doc pistols, there's one thing that matters, and that's AS (and some more exotic options, but they generally require large sacrifices to start to even be comparable to the effectiveness of simply slapping on an AS gun).

You need 2300 AS to cap recharge on the kyr rifle... not a great option.

The Superior Sapphistic Bow is a decent option if you want to use hotswap to gnak fellow docs with brawl stun, you need 1607 AS to cap recharge on it though, which is a bit steep.

Now, the standard choice (for a very good reason) is the Hand Crafted Unionist Arbalest. You need 1367 AS to cap recharge on it, with 330 max damage it should do very nice ASes.

There's also the option of the Zastaba Velocity SX - Special Forces. It only requires 1234 AS to cap recharge. But it also does less damage than the arbalest.

At higher levels, the Kyr'Ozch Energy Carbine - Type 3 becomes an option, but only partially, since you don't have any support of RE in implants, the RE perk line is pretty nice though.

For a mix of PvM and PvP, you'll have to ask yourself some very hard questions, like how much IP you are willing to spend, what you are willing to give up in one or the other area, how much money and time you are willing to spend on the toon.

Hyde's comments are somewhat outdated, I'm sure he could bring a lot more insight to the table if anyone is still interested in this topic (especially on the topic of what level you have to make choices between being the best doc you can be, and being the best DD you can be, and the situation at endgame for other setups vs. pistols).
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I'm particulary interested for the sake of my TL5 gunna-be twink doc.

159 atm, but thinking of weap/armour choices for 165
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Rifles (as in Kyr'Ozch/OFAB) won't be recharge capped by doctors. Kyr has 2s recharge, ofab 1.7s.

Ofab Tiger would be better than Cobra anyway as higher critdamage, faster recharge, supported by symbs..
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.