Crat mezzes

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mophro
Giant Leet

Crat mezzes

Post by Mophro »

1. Are the single ones all that short? At least i believe the Shadowlands ones are i think, which need to be used in SL.

2. Do the area mezzes ever land?

Goodnight
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

1) all the SL mezzes are short IIRC

2) Not often enough in SL to be worth it

The method I've heard of is to use the short-but-sweet SL mezz, which doesn't remove the hatelist, then use the RK mezz until it lands which is longer and removes the hatelist.
Touarela
Leet

Post by Touarela »

area mezzes do land,
dont know what level you are,
but they worked for me very well in alien raids.
Just kept spamming it, espacially with ankari''s ( zix )
Upto level 155 or so, cant remember where I left with my crat ;-)
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

The SL mezzes are all short, but land a lot easier on higher mobs (especially SL mobs) than the RK mezzes. The best SL mezz is only 2 minutes compared to 12 minutes for the RK mezz. However, it is the SL mezz that removes the hatelist, not the RK mezz.

On a similar note, the SL charms, until the level 220 charm, are all a lot shorter than the RK charms, but they land a lot easier.

Which brings me to a tip for new crats. When you release your charm pet, he will hate you. So hit him immediately with a SL mezz to clear his hatelist and leave you alone.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Sorry, I was speaking from context without it being in the post, Mop was trying to AoE mez in a SL Inferno dungeon today. So my posts were primarly for high level SL mobs.
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

Having done a raid on Bizee today I should point out ... due to bugs ... the 'description' has the SL mezzes clearing the hatelist, but in practice it is the RK mezz that clears.

The SL mezz stops the mob physically attacking you BUT you are still considered under attack and cannot sit to use medics.
layforet
Leet

Post by layforet »

actually according to the crat forums on AO forums, the SL mezzes DO have a chance of wiping hate list, but its rare when it does, so its good rule of thum to folo an SL mezz with the RK one till it lands.
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

layforet wrote:the SL mezzes DO have a chance of wiping hate list, but its rare when it does,
Unfortunately, FC has a history of mistakes in description. From long practice I can say this. Approx 90% of the time I cast a SL mezz, the creature gets the following message above their head "What am I doing here?" which is what I expect from a hatelist wipe. However, 100% of the time the mob stays were it is, does not physically attack me even if I am right next to it, MY 'under attack' flag remains set so I cannot sit and heal, and the second the mezz drops that mob is at my throat.

The best use of the SL mezz (unless you are simply running past) is to give you the time to spam Contemplation (best RK mezz) till it lands.
layforet
Leet

Post by layforet »

agreed, but there IS the chance that it will wipe the hatelist, but rare when it does.