kinda unique weapon option

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Hyde
Hyde!

Re: kinda unique weapon option

Post by Hyde »

faros1978 wrote:You can hotswap it and use the alb damage alternator/generator (i dont remember the name) in this case u use radiation thingy. So u strip ams/tms hotsawp your main gun and u can do dmg through ams :). This is a strategy that i learned from Alpha :)
Good point ... Alb generators definitely have their cool value. However doesn't the Alb generator cancel out your main +dmg line? I know it cancels my Fixer's +dmg line, which is cancelled by Sol +dmg, which means that the Alb gen should kill Sol +dmg as well.

So unless you're going up against another Sol who has AMS II or higher up (which won't be removed by the other gun since AMS II-V take more than 45 NCU) I'm not sure it would be worthwhile. In the case of non-sols I think you might prefer to keep your +dmg running rather than strip 24% of their reflect but at the same time lose not only your +dmg buff but also lose and +dmg bonuses from projectile perks and/or items that don't buff Rad dmg?

For Sols, yes, I definitely see it ... since you can lower their reflect during AMS to the point where you can actually hurt them. Of course ... they can do same to you :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Any prof vs prof duel tho is about outsmarting your opponent. If you know something he doesn't know, and can use it to your advantage, then thats what it is, an advantage.

I saw Uruk attempt to lower a soldiers reflects at the beginning of a fight using a big orange gun, but, unfortunately he miscalculated, and, lost the duel, the other soldier had not AMS'd yet, and he wasted precious moments of AMS down time using a less than stellar dmg weapon.

What I 've learned from reading this thread, and watchign that fight, and in my own battles with soldiers, is that ultimately one must be 100% sure the shield is up before attempting the debuff.

For me, fighting soldiers, I only fight them only using fast recharge perks and brawl, until they AMS, then, I go full defence, ES, Dof, spam heals, and wait for AMS to be over.

I have a trick though, which is nifty and scary. I watch carefully for a hotswap to supernova, and, when I am AS'd, I get up, brawl, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, init debuff, brawl. In that period, I can completely reheal, AND, the soldier is usually completely disoriented, clicking away like crazy, but he can't get his damn gun off, because 1, you can't do it while stunned, and 2. takeing off your gun is akin to casting a nano, and can be easily interupted, ESPECIALLY with a huge init debuff. hence, Often, after 14-16 seconds of having a supernova on, and not being ableto attack, the soldier resigns to duel loss because of lag.

Little do they know, that they were victim to a carefully planned attack.

The bottom line: If you plan on hotswapping against an MA, be very careful, especially an MA who is a tricky bugger.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

The weapon that removes 24% reflect, can be useful when dueling smart agents too.

I prefer Mimic: Engineer over Mimic: Soldier when fighting a soldier, even if I don't run NSD. Why? Reactive Harmonic Cocoon doesn't get removed by the other weapon, while rrfe DOES get removed.

Then again I doubt much agents would think of that. :D Or that much soldiers would use that Hellthingie.

So just a heads up in case you need to strip that pesky agent of his radiation reflect before you are able to alpha him. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Another option, for all proffesions is http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=152027 from SoM.
Faster to swap, lower reqs, removes 15% in ALL AC's.

Mind though, I have no clue whatsoever how this would work, I heard procs can fire off even on misses? If so, I can see the suppise effect of throwing this gun in someones face in BS 8)