Other lowby twinks 39 trader

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Other lowby twinks 39 trader

Post by noobas »

This one is a little more complicated than the 29 keeper

The plan is for QL 69 combined officers with a Ithaca.

basically, the idea on this toon is to get a 6 slot, lots of NCU, be drained up to use highest drains and http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267264

then basically with -AAD every hit is a crit and you destroy opponents with a normal/fling/AS and you got 0 problems.

This setup depends on using cheap tactics: SS to start, root, then drain and lesser corp protection to make big hits on the target.

Also, you need combined officers for the extra nano pool, otherwise you don't have enough nano to cast all debuffs.

anyway, not particularly difficult, and quite cheap (arith+spiri ftw) for a decent twink.
Last edited by noobas on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
tommytanker
Maxi Leet

Re: Other lowby twinks 38 trader

Post by tommytanker »

I always wanted to make a 39, whats the status of your trader?
Im not even sure what to make
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Other lowby twinks 38 trader

Post by noobas »

As soon as gauntlet comes up I'll equip the nanomage alien tank armour, then just need to slap on the 69 CO set and decide on which ithaca I want to use... I have several.

if I do any offense with trader I'll probably find a decent kyr shotgun that I can swap on.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Other lowby twinks 39 trader

Post by noobas »

39 trader finished (sans inferno phatz pure novi ring+wen wen) those can wait.

There seems to be a fair bit of interest in lowbies, and I know for sure three people are building toons in addition to the two I've just built and Lasa's one.

I'm very pleased to hear this, and I'd like to just put out there that there are VERY easy and VERY cheap options available that can significantly add to the overall capabilities of AP.

CHEAP OPTION #1

Level 30 keeper (2 perks in aura, 1 in cleave) Heals in battle while drained, cheap as chips to setup (50 ofab is great)

CHEAP OPTION #2

Level 30 Soldier 2 perks in heavy ranged, 1 in NR. This toon is super easy to build as well, with just a set of 50 OFAB, and implanted with NR/burst/FA/AR Options for weapons are numerous (mortiig blaster variants, neutrino flash, QL 50-100 perennium blaster, Jobe pistol + onehander offhand etc.) A well setup soldier can be fully OSB'd, easy to play, decent damage and be able to pepper opponents with specials.

CHEAP OPTION #3

Level 30 doctor OR trader with Neleb Battlerod At level 30, a doctor can get some pretty decent nanoskills to cast level 100ish heals, which do about 400-700 healing , easily a big chunk of HP at low levels. Traders, as well can do very nicely with a neleb battlerod, both toons DPS in this setup is very good and is very easy to implant. Armour selection can range from Arith based (20m/piece lol) to ofab and special armours in whatever slots are relevant. Easy to build, easy to play, lots of fun.

CHEAP OPTION #4

Enforcer, of course! A duel beater enforcer may cost upwards of 1B. But, exchange the beaters for another weap like styg, howlet etc, replace the 75 CM for ofab, and you're looking eerily like a keeper with a different nano set, and you'll probably drop 99% of the cost of building as well. Enforcer is good at almost all low levels, 30 for NR1, 40 for coon, 39 for a nice rage set up, 44-49 for howlet, etc.

LESS CHEAP OPTIONS #1

Trader. Traader Trader Trader. I went with 69 CO, nanomage alien tank armour, at 39. A tough twink. I can drin up to divest advanced and ransack advanced (870ish TS/PM) which means I can use the best nano drain, entrepreneurial Thrall, and the level 175 health plunder (healing 500 per cast), Also can use lesser corporate protection and lesser industrial sabotage for some serious gankage.

LESS CHEAP OPTIONS #2

Agent. (FP trader, get NCU), NR1 OSB'd with SPS (200 perenium sniper) requires some supple parts. Not for the faint of heart. But a real nasty killer with massive normal damage and a 100% to cap AS.

LESS CHEAP OPTIONS #3

Enforcer again. Duel beaters, 75 CM, a tough twink, but highest DPS, and most fearsome anti CC setup. Can neutralize any opponent except a well played trader.

If you're interested in getting involved, my advice is to roll a cheap as chips prof and just outfit him as best you can. There are some basic rules about lowby action : 1. HP is king. 2. AC's /reflects are your defence 3. NCU is one of the most important stats you can get. 3. stygs/neleb battlerod/ SOM weapons/ COH weaps/ etc are called OP for a reason.... use them.
AVelasquez
Little Leet

Post by AVelasquez »

I might go the 30 keeper. Seems extremly cheap and I liek cheap XD Now to find someone with keeper vps for ofab...
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I got like 50k on my 170.

just holler once you've rolled him and I'll send it over.
mobstar
Strong Leet

Post by mobstar »

OK. I have a question about TL2; why 30 and not 39 or even 49? And along that same line; why 39?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

level 30 is a very popular level for twinking because it's the first level where you get a "reasonable" defence vs the supertwink traders (NR1).

Level 30, therefore, is a go to level for Agents to counter traders.

Agents can do very well because in an NR 1 setup they can be fully OSB'ed while nearly 100% of their twinking effort is still useful, ie, in the sheer number of NCU they can get.

Agents also have access to kizzers at 30 which, paired with massive normal damage (175 min dmg on SPS) and the fastest recharging AS means they can pump out some incredible damage while having the best resistance to drains.

level 39 is the counter to 30 twinks (max level to hit them).

Unfortunately, for a 30 NR agent, a 39 trader will just destroy him. NR 1 won't even resist one divest, but it probably will resist 1/3 casts of ransack. (with 850+ nano AR, 500ish resistance is like nothing).

Level 30 is popular not only because of NR1, but because of the prevalence of Type 1 towers (type 1 towers max out at QL 33) (type 2 is 34-81 I think)

Due to CT QL determining the contract QL, a type 1 tower is best to be around QL 33 or closest to it. Ql 30-33 are common. Hence, if you can hit those you're in a good position for some offensive action.
tommytanker
Maxi Leet

Post by tommytanker »

If you go for a cheap setup I wouldn't go Enf, pretty much a NR1 Enf with styg wouldn't be better than a keeper not to mention keeper would be a lot cheaper.

Not so cheap Double Beater Enf would be amazing, they are fast and deadly just take a look @ Doublebeater :evil:

There is a 31 keeper with SOTI. I'm debating if I should level my keeper to 39 twink him and twink the 6 lvl30 froob traders I got - with neleb, carb, 125ish ncu's would be good I guess but the problem is rolling those 6 ql160 belts OMG. I'm also thinking I could multibox but idk that yet would be fun to insta drain anyone hahaha imagine 3x ransack + 3x deprive drains at same time!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I've considered multiboxing with froobs as well.

the nice thing about froobs is that you got so few commands so it's dead easy to manipulate them.

like, honestly, you only need 1 button. Fast attack. Get 6 froobs with neleb battlerod and press fast attack.

Even if they got crappy AR, you're still gunna land some hits, after a few seconds, anyone guna be dead.

Better still, make 6 agents with whatever rifle with AS on it. you'll blast thru people like butter.