TL7 Keeper alpha

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

TL7 Keeper alpha

Post by Valkyrieval »

OK, I keep reading about this huge alpha attack that high-level keepers have, like everyone's supposed to know what it is, but in spite of multiple searching through the keeper forum on AO forums, I haven't been able to find one actual mention of what it is, what perk line it's in, etc.

Could someone please tell me what this big keeper alpha is?
Valkyrieval
Metadiva DisasterArea Dominia Phycsyr Hylyr Tatuaj DoctorAphra BringTheHurt & a few more
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

Offensive vs. defensive setup - soloing

Post by Valkyrieval »

I've been following the recommendations to max my Reaver perk to get my AR up and try to get into a higher level sword. I do OK as a DD in teams, but I'm finding myself having a really hard time soloing.

Granted, I'm still wearing T1 and an Ancient Container still, but I'm having a heck of a time getting T2 -- I can't even solo Ado cats because I die too fast.

I'm running the highest heal aura I can, Ambient Revitalization, and either Imminence of Bloodshed or Barrier of the Righteous (haven't noticed much difference using one vs. the other). I have Blessing maxed so that I have about 12.5k HP with behe running. I have Bio Shielding 3 for cocoon.

I'm thinking about just going into a massive perk reset and max everything defensive I can -- Holy Mark, Bio Shielding, AoR, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on this?
Valkyrieval
Metadiva DisasterArea Dominia Phycsyr Hylyr Tatuaj DoctorAphra BringTheHurt & a few more
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

You will eventually max def and AR perks so its really a question of what you need to be most atm a DD or a soloer.

At your level you should be wearing better stuff consider bellum if you have a hard time getting t2/t3 and try to get some alien parts as well.
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

Post by Valkyrieval »

I definitely think soloer. I've been good about maxing my auras, and I have a 4.1k heal perk that people like, so generally not a problem to get a team if there's a team to be found. Right now, I really need Valk to be a farmer and earn credits / get phatz for my alts, and it's ok with me if I level slowly. I just can't stand dying on 2 green mobs or one yellow/orange one.

Thanks to Lordkosh I now have new reaper and ward nanos, so that should help. I also picked up Guardian of Might which will help a lot of things.
Valkyrieval
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Also, it's for a endgame setup not useful to get full T3 - nor T2.

Only useful keeper T2/3 part is the chest imho, for the rest... pred armor is better than T1 :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Re: TL7 Keeper alpha

Post by Grind42 »

Valkyrieval wrote:OK, I keep reading about this huge alpha attack that high-level keepers have, like everyone's supposed to know what it is, but in spite of multiple searching through the keeper forum on AO forums, I haven't been able to find one actual mention of what it is, what perk line it's in, etc.

Could someone please tell me what this big keeper alpha is?
Basically Slice & Dice from the Reaver line is great : can do 4k dmg if not more, also than line increases 2he. Then your other dmg line would be Street Sumaria for Seppuku Slash big dmg in PVM & not a bad alpha for pvp if u can hurt your opponent before u perk.

I tried the HP aura & early lvl's its great but for tl6/7 i found my aura did the job besides the hp aura nano & your hp aura from perks dont work in conjunction for you, yes they both work on team mates but pfft what keeper actually wants to use 10 perk points that only benifit the team & we dont need nano when fighting we dont cast 1 nano in battle so nano hp aura all the way.

I havent tried mongo but as far as i know its only Atrox which i am 1 of the few perk lines i havent gone into, I think Athernal has though so maybe he can shed some light on that particular subject.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

If you pvp as an atrox, with a profession that has a few good attacks (perks/specials), you will be most likely best off using Mongo Rage. Do note that it'd be smart to use it in conjunction with Bio Cocoon maybe, since it will cast a DoT on you that's pretty painful :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Hoshii
Little Leet

Post by Hoshii »

well, i learned from a few of the best kprs (IMO) evolkeep,Yoby and Rikel.. im sure there are other great kprs out there, and the 1 question i was always asked... What kind of KPR do you wanna be? PVM or PVP.. for me i chose the PVP aspect. Once im fully twinked ill be OK. but the lines i am in are the following...

Blessing 10... once you hit blessing 6-7 you get Curing Touch.. this heals you for quite alot. usually 3/4 health

Holy Mark.. gives +200 ECC

Biococcoon 1-10

Reaver 1-10 Pain Lance is first then Slice N Dice

in Ai lvls, i use

Atrox Primary Genome 1-10 at 10 you get mongo Rage

Atrox Secondary Genome 1-3 at 3 I get wit of the trox

Crusade is nice as well as it adds to your fast attack

With APG and ASG you get MOngo and Wit of the Trox And if you add MOR and fervor of the zealot. you have good dmg, its all in the timing. they are great Damage dumpers when you learn how to use them at the right time, which im slowly learning.

BUT IMO definatley get blessing, wether you are pvp or pvm.. as well as your biococcoon, cause at 10 you get regrowth. + a kpr heal aura of +843 is great.

As i said this is my set up and today, after learning the timing and when to use these perks , i beat a 220 doc a 218 adv and a 220 solja.. granted i probably just got lucky, or its the fact im learning how to use my dmg, in a pvp aspect. Also, I would not suggest Mercchest or pants, the Faithful ql 300 pants is +60 ECC granted mercs have the + dmg, its a better setup to evade rather than the +10-15 dmg. as I said this is JUST MY OPINION.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Yip Ath i was thinking bout trashing my CM pants aswell for my T3 but the thing of it is i havent had any trouble against melee toons & the t3 pants only give evade close which suxxor cause my dodge ranged actually needs the work. Its the rooting & ranged pvp that im still having a problem with i get rooted & usually land up at 1/3 life before i manage to get out of it. Gonna get a bio mat defensive shield asap then see how much difference that makes & for now im keeping my CM pants.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Hoshii
Little Leet

Post by Hoshii »

Do note that it'd be smart to use it in conjunction with Bio Cocoon maybe, since it will cast a DoT on you that's pretty painful
Pfft it hits ya with the dot, thats true, but nothing a good ole bio regrowth wont take care of, save your coccoon for when ya need it. not only that, if you time yourself right on when you mongo, your opponent is already at reclaim :P which gives ya time to coccoon or regrowth. :P i found that out today.

The one thing you wanna watch out for though, is make sure when you alpha with mr, your opponent is gonna die, or damn close to it. cause you go -1000 RS and -1000 AR for 20'ish sec. Which in turn is gonna hurt ya if hes not dead, plus you lose on average 243 every 3-5 sec for a 30 sec time. which can hurt ya bad if your opponent has fa, as burst or some good dmg once MR is done.

but i can tell you for a fact, we kprs are usually a prime target at towers or in any pvp. i have yet to go to bor, and have a fair 1v1 fight. but thats usually the case in bor anyways.
lordkosh
Maxi Leet

Post by lordkosh »

this is so true about us kprs r a prime target at mass pvp, also as far as lk i can tell from being a sol that this breed hurts me in pvp so i might just stay pvm and tower wars