220/30 Nanomage Engineer PvP/Duelling setup.

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Anseh_Lewt
Little Leet

220/30 Nanomage Engineer PvP/Duelling setup.

Post by Anseh_Lewt »

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=194343

This is the setup i'm aiming for with my engineer, Diabetes.

It's basically a max hp/AR setup optimized for duels and possibly BS pvp.
I hope to run with around 21k Hp with Life tower and 2750 AR with upgraded xan pistols.

Looking for some critique!

- Anseh/Diabetes.

Edit: I picked nanomage for my engi for both the 5k cocoon and the notum shield DTN perk.
I've been debating switching to Solitus to use the reflect ncu and the genome perk Survival, if anyone can give me pros/cons for Soli/nm or hell even atrox ^^ would be appreciated!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: 220/30 Nanomage Engineer PvP/Duelling setup.

Post by noobas »

There are some fairly simple changes I'd go with that I think will help you a lot:

1. Swap jathos head to SE engineer head (3 crit resist I think.) for dueling this is very important

2. Swap gloves to CC - 350 HP is not worth it, you want more AS skill no matter what

3. you can use nanomage coon from inventory - it's a tough call for 25 AS skill on snipers friend... in hud 2. You'll need to experiment. I had to build a 300ish nano controller to help with buffing - with AS eye in it's difficult to get all the nanos skills you need for fast buffing without a buttload of swaps otherwise.

Engies are kinda like MA's - for good dueling, you want the ideal setup, but the more stuff you've got to swap around the more difficult it is to try to find that ideal setup.

For war, it's a bit different, if you can get a CM, or teamed with trader, then you won't need to swap anything to buff pets etc. But I can't eve do Isoto's without 2 swaps in my current setup, so just be careful.

My setup looked very similar to yours a year ago.

Since I've switched to full CC though, I've found it just works better. I don't duel any more mind you, but the extra AS skill.. 30 on chest, 25 on snipers friend, it brings the total skill to about 1740, which is JUST enough to get some seriously debilitating hits on guys.

see how it goes.

I also used intel in bright in eye slot because of trickle to nano skills. as a nanomage you might have a bit less problems. but your AS skill will be lower due to tricle, and your HP will be lower as well. so it's a tough call - you'll need to experiment a bit. Soli is pretty much a very easy to play crat, but my feeling is that you're better off with nanomage coon and Dtn. HOwever, for PVM/PVT/PVP you'll probably want to give up DtN for medallion. Medallion is epic fast DPS on <250ish towers with AAD decrease.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I've been thinking on this.

Your eye implant with NI is poor choice.

I'm not sure if you can get MC in that slot, but imo, your best choices are:

MC/TS/MM and intel

I went with intel, intel gives I think 42 intel which converts to about 10 points in all nanoskills, but I think I would have gone with MC if I had knowledge from now.

MC and TS end up being pretty close, and you probably wont have any problems as NM, but I'd look hard at your final setup and assess your Matter met. This is usually a bugger for isotos, and the limitng factor when casting in combat.

It's not the end of the world if you can't cast without OSB's or swaps, but it does slow you down.
Anseh_Lewt
Little Leet

Post by Anseh_Lewt »

Thanks for the replies Nooba, taking notes!

I would ditch the nanomage hud for a snipers friend i think, I forgot it didnt have to be equipped.

The NI in the eye was for casting ISOTOS at full def, instacast.
I'm not sure if i'll need it at 220 tho.

I spoke to Tehevolz/Kepitimer for a few hours last night, he gave me alot of advice.
Swapping i'm used to, I'm just thankful I don't have to swap for Isotos every 7 mins.

That setup was pure max hp/ar, I think I will take your advice on the AI armor, I think +30 AS + other stuff > 350 hp and 10 pistol.

What's your recharge on AS? Kepi mentioned he had like 18s with 2x300 imps/snipers friend and css.

Thanks again mate.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

12s AS

if he's got 18s he must be way OE on pistol.

Mine is capped, but for war I always run with a targetting scope.

with full CC you don't have to put in a scope, you can go with a purple hud or HP hud if you're feeling squishy... but I'd honestly recommend going as balls out on AS skill as you can. quite simply, AS is the only thing you can rely on at war for offence, towers don't count, and PVT damage is fine with pets.

Fling and burst MIGHT help.... but seriously, which omni fixer is it going to land on with an extra 60 AAO?

So, go all out AS, and enjoy the higher average damage that an extra 450ish skill will get you.