Alpha Yourself - Help to equip Alpha Symbiants - Excel file

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Chrisax
President

Re: Alpha Yourself - Help to equip Alpha Symbiants - Excel file

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks a lot, Bit :) Nice contribution. =D>
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

Please reload as i corrected a bit : was missing Combat Knowledge (AI/8) perk for +64 treatment, wich can be decisive in many cases :D
Naralbah
Mini Leet

Post by Naralbah »

Hello guys,

Any updates on this file?
I am pretty sure I was able to choose prof and race before.
Am I missing something?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Nothing was changed to the file(s) as far as I know. I had the feeling we had some files of that type where we could choose some parameters. But, THH, that's a long time ago. I'll have a look around. :?!:
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Any suggestions on the process of putting Alphas in
ie - what do you need to get arranged before
- what is best starting set up
- reset ip then updating IP to get spend correct and limit unecessary spend

I am going to do my eforcer next and was just looking for any useful hints and tips re the process of putting alphas in.
Cratattak
Big Leet

Post by Cratattak »

Preparing before hand

If you plan on doing your "final" alpha setup for enforcer (e.g. not planning to redo it later once you get more gear to save IP), theres quite a few nodrops you'll want to acquire beforehand:
Xan Pande Belts
Awakened Burden of Competence
Aqua Gloves
Spiritech Medical Analyzer x3(or more) from Pande
Perfected Infused Dust Brigade Bracer
Masterpiece Ancient Bracer
Intuitive Memory of the Aquarius
Cancer's Time-Saving Memory
DB NCUs
Experimental Cyborg Token Board OR Sigil of Bahomet

Aswell as other Pandemonium loot that gives abilities.
Use AOsetups to find items buffing certain abilities/treatment for specific slots: Create new equip, filter what you need, and select the slot. It will show all items that buff that skill, and by how much.

A lot of this is obvious, but often an item or two is forgotten which may lead to problems during the twinking. You'll also want the LE huds, and all the major remaining twinking gear is mainly yesdrop, so can be borrowed or bought. Don't forget, you an buy Treatment Transfer Nano Can now from gmi/players, which lasts 4 hours.

Starting Alphas

Usually its easiest to start from an already equipped betas set. However for Enforcer, as you are stuck with infantry symbs, many of those do not give good ability bonuses. This means refined imps are extremely useful, and often needed, in certain slots (mainly sense in chest/waist, int/psy in ear).

This AOSetups Project consists of a few setups to equip infantry alphas on an Atrox Enforcer, and the order to do it in.
However, that order may not be the best one. Alpha feet also gives agility, so that can be done first to avoid needed a 300 feet implant.
V-five Breathing Space Should be used in the first step instead of the Jess's (or even O.E.T. Co. Maharanee). This extra intelligence means you could replace some intelligence gear with treatment, and NOT MAX treatment skill. Similarly, ideally use Awakened Burden of Competence instead of the regular one, and use those extra abilities to use more treatment gear, and IP treatment less. I dont think Enforcers have many issues with IP. Mine has treatment maxed(Atrox), and all necessary/wanted skills high enough and still has remaining IP.

Saving IP

Generally, its best to do a full reset before alphas, or reset the skills that you wont need maxed. Personally I always max all abilties, so saving IP during twinking is often done in treatment (or CL). After finishing alphas, equipping all gear, and doing perks, you can min/max nano skills, multi melee/ranged, weapon specials(assuming the weapon special doesnt increase the special damage, SA/AS should be maxed for pvp).
For Enforcer, you need to make sure you can cast IMalice( single taunt), Mongo, Absorb during combat, so increase nanoskills so they can be cast in your proper gear. Buffing however can be done using some nanoskills gear, mainly ones in hud/utils, and this depends on how much pieces you are willing to swap at a time. Also consider what ability buffs you have running at the time, and what contracts are running, as losing these may effect your nanoskills etc.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Thats great. Thanks

I have done soldier, MP and Doc before a few years back but think they were easy compared to enforcer.

The AOsetup you share is brilliant - really helpful
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Great work, Cratattak :) And good luck, Nic.

One little thing I'll add: before you start the math, and while doing it, make sure no one ninja-buffed you, so you don't count a buff you already have.

Happened to me recently, and that's very very frustrating when, at the time of twinking for real, you realize you can't reach the stats you calculated. #-o