Enforcer guide

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Enforcer guide

Post by noobas »

with full alphas, all research adding nanoskills, you don't need any huds with nanoskills on them to cast endgame buffs.

As solitus I had zero problems at around 12-15 points over in all skills

On the atrox enf I played, MC and BM I think were at 1533/1534 in combat gear (1533 needed) It was very tight.

Of course, one swap and it was fine but ideally you can play without any nanoskill adding gear.

imo when you're geared enough that you have the chance to start swapping stuff around...

%crit>AR/add dmg>AAD

For anything that isn't S42.

For S42, go all out HP/defence because the last thing you want is a enf fail on a 50 person raid.

Generally speaking, if you're using 1he/1hb/colossal health I think 1% crit is worth about 14 add dmg (I will hunt around for calcs in AO forums... I'm sure I did them at one time but can't recall that thread specifically).
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Diams
Little Leet

Post by Diams »

It is difficult to not name your work a sum, and not a guide, so much it is more than complete...

I have - 5 days ago - started an enfo. In almost 10 years, I have always be very reluctant to roll one, such a lot of responsability being an enfo is. And of course, don't be surprised, I have rolled a nanomage one. (For info, like I explained it at the bottom of my 1st post here : http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =32&t=8294, Diams was born and hit 220 being a nanomage - and will be a nanomage again ASA she will be finished).

For the moment, this enfo is level 55/6. I am working hard on the research (12/14 today), in order to counterbalance the nanomage breed weakness penalty.

Which perks would you recommend to me? On one side the SL perks, on the other the AI ones.

Last thing. I know our rules at AP. This toon is a neutral, and orgless - like are all my other toons.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hi Diams

Thanks.

What weapons are you using?

In general, I'd go with

1 AI perk in mutate for cause of anger
the bare minimum number of SL perks in your weapon line to give you the first damage perk
the rest of the perks go into coon, then any other extras put into colossal health

At low levels, ConC seems to be better than CoHi/CoLi unless you're fully twinked and can use top nanos without Conc.

If you've twinked into a decent weap (higher howlet, tiig beaters, chef cleaver, chirops etc.) and you need CoLi/CoHi to keep them out of OE, use only whats needed.

enf nano toolset is very strong early game so as soon as you can, get a 5 slot belt and 6 slot at 70-80ish if possible, and just own everything with stacking absorbs.

Also, don't forget to IP first aid for some beefy stims.

Finally, I wouldn't worry too much about perks - if you can boost your AC's enough, and grab a 13% boosted graft, you'll find your nano/proc absorbs do incredibly well to soak damage, meaning you should almost NEVER need cocoon - contrary to the way most newbs play, with basically requiring coon to face a small number of enemies.

Just remember the basics: communicate with team, cast sorb before fight, hit hard and neutralize enemies quickly, maintain aggro control at all times, and don't worry too much about healing in fights since you can always pop a kit afterwards.

Enf is such an awesome class to level. have fun!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Noobas, quick question re Perks again.

I am at this stage dualling 1hb/1he - so i have put 10 Perks into 1hb. From what i have heard that would mean guiven the right hand is the lead the only benefit to have another 10 in 1he would be the 1he points and not the speacials it comes with?

so my decision is whether 1he perks points are better than colossal health?
Reapermann
Leetissimo!

Post by Reapermann »

I am new to the enforcer profession so I do not have a lot of knowledge about them, but I thought a few patches back FC made the 1hb/1he obsolete because perk attacks did not work in concert or something(?) Anyhow that is why I went dual 1hb.

Was in db 1 and 2 last night not doing too bad and not doing great at times thanks to Shade power :) How do we get back and keep agg from other team members like Shades?
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Reap, yes thats right, but still weapons of choice actually seems to be the 1hb/piercing combo at present. I was going to ask why as well?

Think get aggro back is just spamming taunts, mongo etc

In terms of me i am about to try and redo to 1hb/piercing, and also try for betas at first, although i will need to calc that as it wont be easy let alone alphas!!!

does anyone have a guide for atrox Enf doing alphas? i cant find one
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Post by Malosar »

I'd assume the piercing is for the Sneak Attack/Backstab.
Skorter
Growing Leet

Post by Skorter »

Sneak attack is a nice addition and the mediblade also has nice crits, and does a very little heal on hit (not really a lot). Only shade & adv will get backstab though so I think 2x1hb will be better. Or you could always go MA :mrgreen:
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Thanks Malo, Skort.

I was 1hb/piercing before and liked it but that was before mediblade. so might try again.

I think Bulldrone uses 1hb/piercing set up but will ask him when i see him :)