To Do List

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: To Do List

Post by noobas »

And of course bishrolledme is up next, and I have to think about this as well because I'm doing an uncommon setup for PVP.

Basically, I'm bucking the trend (going evades soldier) and I got no idea how it's going to pan out.

There's a few things working against me here:

1. Advy OSBable evades got heavily nerfed
2. there seems to be more AR and more lower checking perks in game in 18.7
3. solds aren't really evadey anyway...

But I'm counting on teaming with keeper+crat+advy +GSF/RI to round out the soldier defence (I'm basically doing the same thing at Tl5 as I do at TL7).

From my success at TL7, there's basically ZERO reason why I don't see this working as well.

So, here's the setup I'm aiming for on Bishrolledme:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200252

This setup is pretty easy. There's nothing really difficult to twink here. It's expensive, however, because I want to swap the NMTC with an RBP, and ideally the Nball is QL 200 and that's a 4-5B item on it's own. Whether or not it's worth it is out of the question - i'd rather use the QL 180ish one I have so I'll be totally happy with that.

The Nball adds pistol AND SMG skill now, so that will add about 38 AR to pistol/SMG which will really help boost this setup's capability.

The setup isn't ideal - especially the low QL CSS, but I have a spare set of it and there's no reason to rebuild a full CSS set just for a marginal boost (7-14 points of evades/AR etc.). Instead - again, I'll rely on significant OSB's to flesh out the defence.

Notably as well, the twinks I'm making are built around synergy, not individual prowess. So there's serious viability in a team even if the toon wouldn't perform exceptionally on it's own.

For example, you might think this setup is a bit shy on add damage, considering it's a soldier, and, you'd be right.

But note that I want an RBP to swap for 60 energy add dmg so lets add what comes in the team too...
self buffs: concussive shot (proc) 35 add dmg
self buffs: reinforce slugs (165 2m/4m)
self buffs: energize 35 (30s/1m)
self buffs: suppressive horde (161 25s/65s)
self buffs: metal barrage (3)
self buffs: heighten fight (41)

advy (small boost) 25 *161/200 = 20 (in sabre/aura)

keeper team buffs: vengeance (73)
keeper team proc: virtuous reaper (90)

So, starting at: Energy damage modifier 232
I quickly (static buff) up 41+3+73+ RBP 60 = 409
with procs up 90+35 = 534
with all perks (only up ~50%) 165+35+161= 895

So basically soldier with SMG/pistol will be getting near 900 Add dmg, which is ideal for tearing down a CT.

In 18.6 advy gave a fair bit more add dmg with sabre giving 35, but the boost on the keeper reaper proc will easily make up for it.

The CSS isn't as good as CC obviously for add dmg, but the reality is that it will make a small difference compared to almost doubling the evades on soldier.

Whatever evades I can self on soldier, I'll be looking at 310+50+90+110 more from team. I'm not planning to use advy in wolf.. that only gives team an extra 36ish evades, I think it's better to use sabre with more add dmg and AR and just go for faster kills. The team will have loads of decent evades plus a trader to drain...
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Annnnd

of course need a bit of retwink on noobasknight

I wouldn't be going to all this trouble except that we have good contracts right now so it's the ideal time to get these toons sorted.

Noobasknight I retwinked only a few months ago but I really don't like the result.

I am using an excel/supernova swap. AR is down, def is up marginally, HP a lot lower.

The reality is that the defence is nice, but since clarion call has made it in game, there seems to be a lot more value on stunning targets.

So instead of trying to max melee dmg and eat thru coon and all that which was what I used to want to do, I'm now shifting focus to something else:

High melee init (utilizing flurry of blows in util 1, Offensive steamroller, 150 speed tower, and few other key slots) which should get me up to 1/1 even with a 1.4/1.4 weap: the original gangster of TL 5 keeper epicdom, the blade of khiones will.

I already have all the stuff in this setup, so this isn't anything too far fetched - just a replacement of a few items.

Notably the last time I twinked my keep, we lost our Tl5 site the day I was doing it, so all my plans went to shit. Not to mention chris forgot (or didn't get the message) to swap contracts anyway, so I ended up with arguably the org's best TL5 twink naked about an hour before Omni hit us (I felt they KNEW I was planning to retwink)...

Anyway, I'm reverting to an older setup to try out something different:

clarion call to stun
BoKW to proc stun
Brawl to stun
Jarring burst to stun (from bish)
living embalming to stun from crat (instead of nuking)!!!!
basically this amounts to potentially large gaps of inability to control a toon, and the idea is to try to get people killed before they activate defences (soldiers/advy/enf/NT, etc)

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200254

anyway, here's what I'm thinking of. Obvious swaps for PVP are offense for defence hud3, NMTC for PATA, even sandy goo for Sac ensigns for a net increase of 181 def in exchange for 105 AR/75add dmg and 65 melee init.

This twink is a bit of an issue, generally speaking due to the complexity of it and the number of items needed, but I have all the items and while it looks daunting... it's not that much of a fuss.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

A very productive Weekend.

Bobdc2 is finished with this setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200198
Just waiting on perk reset timer to swap into combat perk setup.

One final note: the advy syndicate brain gained some nice stats, and I'm on the fence over whether I should swap to syndicate brain (25 pistol, 100 NR).. There's a bit more trickle on the living support brain, and the syndicate brain would ensure that the 244 CC stays out of OE easily.

I worked a bit on Bishrolledme, I ran into a major roadblock:

The desired weapon (or so I thought) for main hand was KMP 5 - burst/fling to pair with JPGPG in offhand

I realised that KMP 5 has a 5000 burst cycle which basically limited the setup to very poor special cycling.

I did some brainstorming, and came up with this: the Special edition Energy Pistol.

Now, at first glance this isn't the ideal pair: RE is limited somewhat, and perks are not ideal. HOWEVER, 18.7 patch reduced the recharge on energize by 1 minute, so the perks fire on a 1 minute timer... plus there's stuns in the perkline which is what I want.

The syndicate brain got 100 RE skill in 18.7 so this is all looking really good. Here's my new proposed setup:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198395

This is all fairly easy and can be done only with a 250 treat contract so there's less rush on it.

Finally, I also rebooted my keeper. I wasn't happy with the exact excal setup - it felt weak in PVP and that's not something I am fond of. All my calculations suggested that the exact excel would OD the 275 wolf, but it just didn't feel like it was happening. The excal is fast, but there's only 1 special, and the damage was just too variable.

Instead of the 275 wolf (which arguably is the best setup based on my long history of success with it), I'm opting for the Blade of Khione's Will. BoKW is a hard twink, but can be done (I'm going to plant a tower tonight and if the contracts are in place I'll get it on). The reason I want BoKW is for the stun proc.

PVT damage will be very good with BokW, prolonged fighting with BokW is lower (harder to eat thru coon with unaligned perk/proc/weap dmg), but the stun factors in nicely. The peripheral stun is more important though for boxing. damage in a box is never an issue, so the bigger factor is keeping people incapacitated in order to make a fast kill.

I'll work on bish this week, perk reset bobdc, and equip keeper weap+perk reset and my Tl5 box will be 80% complete.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Noobas, I had an issue when I logged on the first time, was kciked and relogged, and I guess I missed some buffered tells I could see like one second. One of them was -I'm almost sure- something about contracts. I asked online and no one said anything. Now, reading you post, I think it was maybe you. Was it? And, if so, what was your message?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

need 2he contract+ brawl contract to get on my blade of khiones will on keeper.

Thanks chris.

no rush on it but ideally can stick it on tonight so he's operational.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

So it was you. OK I'll do that ASAP
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

contracts in at 18:20 GMT
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Thanks chris!

I logged on this morning, got a wrangle and stuck on Blade of Khione's Will.

Just need to return some twink items I borrowed...

Speaking of which:

I am missing my QL 250-251 stam/strength NCU's

The likely people who would have them are Imamedic/Joe and Biggernoob/Lasa

I'm chasing them down.

In other news, I perk reset Bobdc2 and I realized I need about 25 more pistol skill to keep the 250 pistol out of OE.

Obvious candidates are:

Neural Interpreting nball - light ranged weapons

And

Candy cord

Both of which are somewhat expensive, but I'll see what's available (G and I also have a +38 Nball - but I was planning to put this on bish as it'll add to both weapons (pistol+RE) but it might be more useful here.

AR/damage feels very powerful, regular hits well above 1k damage, 16s burst, 6s fling, 25ish s FA.

With a riot control burst should come down to about 10s.

Keeper needs a perk reset and he's ready to go. Then I'm just working on Bish, who needs a IPR+re-equip, but the setup for bish is very easy, only light twinking.

That will bring me very close to my final 5 man box setup:

Excitation - 164 crat (done)
Bobdc2 - 170 advy (done)
noobasknight - 170 keeper (done)
noobastrad - 158 trader (done)
bishrolledme - 161 sold (almost complete)

The only thing this team is missing is decent healing. The CH on advy is useful, no doubt, and I'll of course play on the melee toon (keeper) as he has the greatest staying power - especially with all defences fired.

tower DPS should be pretty solid - keeper is very good damage, as is soldier+advy and crat is reasonable with two pets but nothing fantastic (unionist arbalest is negligible).

in PVP I'll have decent sustained damage, but specials recharge a bit too slow to be really a strong PVP box.

However, there are some pretty serious weapons and AR is off the wall, so even normal hits and fling/fast attack/burst will add up a lot. On advy, the 4-4.5k bursts cap on most players, on keeper, crits cap while normal hits take a big chunk of HP ~1000, on soldier I dont' know how big the bursts will be but they should be a bit smaller than advy, crat+trader have AS weapons which recharge fast/slow but will be a bit quicker with advy AS buff and finally two FA's that recharge in the 20-25s range.

All in, I could probably eliminate 2 attackers in first 5 seconds, and tank several for a brief period with well over 2k evades on all team members. We'll see. I'm not that good with a box at TL5 yet, but i'm starting to sense that I really need to be having more NT's in my boxes for big offensive nukes that recharge quickly.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Shiats!! My name was mentioned!! I have looked through AOIA which says I don´t have them. But I have had some crashes on AOIA and that combined with my shitty memory I will ofc look on the toons that could be the sinner :) Most likely the 170 sol I was working on. Will get back with more info.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

thanks lasa

I borrow Wonthealu's set, so the twinkage wasn't impeded (except for the 2-3 hours of my own time I spent going thru the banks of EVERY one of my toons!!! :P )

but ya, it'd be good to get them back (not saying you have them).... but I have no idea where they are :(
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Hmm, seems I´m not the one not returning stuff :/ Not this time :) You´ll have to hunt Down someone else I´m afraid :shock:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ya, Joe doesn't have them either.

I have zero idea where they went. I trolled through about 25 toons inv +bank on sunday and just about lost my sh*t.

Well, I did lose my shit because I had just built 6x agi/stam/str NCU's which would have been perfect for the job, but Grind told Quicksol that we coud add psychic to our base NCU's so he could twink stam+psych for his 300 ofab backpiece on his doctor.

Well, that's the 1.2B mistake and now I'm out of pocket a crapload of credits since I now need to rebuild my twink NCU's, AND the QL 250's I had just made are now completely worthless for TL5 because no TL5 twink can get psych+stam+str+agi (I also added intel+sense to complete them) so that's a huge loss as well.

The only possible reprieve I have is if I can sell those QL 250 full abils NCU's for a premium to a TL6 (QL 200) twink. either that or I swallow my pride, eat my losses and stick those NCU's into the twinkbank and hope one day they are useful.

ffs, not happy about that.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Aww man, sry to hear that. Those 250 ncu´s are shitty expensive, or well they used to be when I was thinking of making some. I really hope you find them Again or get them back from whoever have them :(
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Thanks.

It's rare that I actually lose something.. but it's completely beyond me where they've gone.

However, the interesting thing is I've noticed that the pioneer BP isn't on aptwinkme anymore either... so that gives me hope that the NCU's are stuck inside it.

Which would be good.... except that I have no ideal where the PBP is ! (maybe G sold it? and maybe he sold it with all the NCU's in it!?)

:roll:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

It's so nice when we don't get griefed for 3 hours.

I got Bish all sorted out: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198395

Note that the ring slots are empty. I need to sort out rings for her. I am thinking that probably the best choice is to stick with the AR/evades theme, and go with soldier ring of focus and compagnero.

Note that I got the QL 250 left arm implant AND the QL 250 evade foot implant in.

At level 161, this was tight. very very tight. I only had about 6 more IP to spare (not maxed treatment).

I put in a QL 230ish treatment brain imp which helped get those big bad implants in, 1521 treatment to get a QL 250 imp in. Also, the left arm req'd sense so that had to be 850... that wasn't too bad since opi, but you couldn't do that on any other breed. Foot was easier, I think 722 agi. that wasn't nearly as bad.

I'm not sure what the evade/dodge rating will come out to on this toon, but it should be pretty reasonable.

If it's in the 1700ish range selfed, it'll be well over 2k defence with heroic measures+CP+imminence+OSB's

I missed an implant on my keeper so I stuck that in last night as well. now got a few toons in PR again, but Bobdc2 is cleared for service - there's only one sticking point on him - I have to move the handgun Nball over to him or I can't keep the 250 peregrine out of OE - this is an annoyance, but it'll be fine since the +38 one we have will do the trick I think.

I've realized this box badly, REALLY badly needs an engineer.

The reason for this is that it takes so long to move 6 toons around that it just makes a lot more sense to have your engi move to the site first with fgrid, then team your box and warp em all at once , especially since the team beacon warp is only 30s now.

So I need to start that and I'll put him in jetson's account.

Luckily I found about 5 extra pieces of supple/CC armour while I was twinking my toons plus I got about 6 supples lying around so I'll just plan a simple build for engi that will be functional but not uber for now.

I'll start levelling engi tonight and I'll hopefully have him operational by end of may - but ofc, defence comes first which may throw a wrench into the plans.