150 pvp solja

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Nic
Big Leet

Re: 150 pvp solja

Post by Nic »

Noobas yes I have sinew of tarasque and its currently on.

and I will keep it at 150 no matter what, I have a high level soldier - Masirxu.

I am keen to do this just getting all the bits and pieces takes time and I still have concerns about some of the parts like the 300 Ofab being OE although if I use perks then that may work.

One thing will solja as an aside, its great with ams but generally lacks Heal delta at that level or heal perk options.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ahhhhhhh

Yes.

You're absolutely correct. And that's why I'm starting to entertain more and more the notion these days that soldiers may be a much better evade prof than some people think.

With 18.7 just around the corner (Michi intends to have 18.7 patched to live by the end of the month)....

There are much more interesting complexities that are worth considering:

https://tl.aoitems.com/item/29241/ 30% heal

https://tl.aoitems.com/item/301897/ 45% heal over 20s

Both of these require 665 matter met and time and space. Obviously TS won't be a problem for you, but IP planning for 665 MM is, without a shadow of a doubt, absolute necessity for soldiers after 18.7.

At TL5, these heals will be extraordinarily important, ESPECIALLY considering that TMS/AMS will no longer put you into -nanoskills (the nanoskill debuff on AMS/TMS is gone).

That basically means that you should retain your entire toolset both in main defence and out of main defence.

You've lost OMHH though, so there's that. But these make up for it in a big way.

Basically what these heals mean is that you can cycle your defences a lot more predictably, AND places a much lower emphasis on HD both at TL5 (where it starts being something that you can even plan on), through to TL7 where it becomes, generally, only a secondary consideration.

So, at TL5 here are some things you will want to consider:

1. much higher nano skill investment IP wise
2. lower IP investment weapons (i.e. AR/burst/FA is probably the cheapest and most reliable option)
3. with lower IP investment in weapons, lack of swaps, no AS/ no MR, no SMG - I doubt these are really feasible at 150 anyway
4. because both of your best heal options heal for a % of max health, ideally you want as much HP as possible

I hunted around just now for the 150 soldier twinking thread and I couldn't find it. But I have a hunch that you won't be able to get 300 OFAB on at 150 and I'm wondering how attached you are to 150.

I think you'll have more success twinking 1100 stam at 160 or 161 which will make a soldier a very decent tower twink.

But if you're attached to level 150 then you'll need to settle for 275 Ofab at the max.

Also, what were you planning to use this toon for?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

basically S10 and 150 BS, will be the main uses.

The 18.7 update sounds interesting and I didn't realise it was due so soon.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Ok current set up is as follows

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=202372

I have some thought on upgrades
- CC 225 for the 3 parts that are not
- look at upgrading 175 ofab gloves
- exchange 63 NCU for another Yuttos like the others (adding ncu and crit dec)
- Alien larvae instead of Cooms Relay (should add 6 more nano skills)

Now this thread started with some hopes for getting into 275 or 300 Ofab although think we agree 300 is not doable.

One key aspect is the health nanos that are new since 18.7 and having played the Soldier as is they are a must, soldier lacks HD and stims just arent enough if in a battle with a good opponent. I will need to think about IP here as using these nanos for PVP (assume no buffs in BS) will be tough albeit doable. This also adds to the retention on SPB rather than going pistols.

https://aoitems.com/item/29241/dont-fear-the-reaper/ 30% heal

https://aoitems.com/item/301897/adrenaline-rush/ heal over 20s

The 225 CC takes a bit of keeping out of OE and as such i needed to perk Enhance DNA 5, this also allows a small HD but hardly worth it.

The symbs are all the latest you can get, so no room for improvement here unless they find some extra Growing symbs not yet released.

I have gone add DMG as much as possible with the 2 Viral Memory NCU's adding +5 each and the Hood of the goddess adding +10

CC over CS given the DMG benefit, i could lose that and replace with CS for around +100 evades.

The UTILs items really get me, there are no decent ones for this level other than perhaps comms relay/viral larvae - unless i am missing something here.

So any thoughts would be welcomed
- would a crit scope be better than the +75 add dmg research device?
- would MOTR be better than one IGOC?
- Would i be bettre with 2 kaehler sleeves than another CC or should both be CC?
- would a breed change to solitus be better?

Main reason i havent upped the armour is simply OE and worries over that!
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

bump, anyone have a view on these questions :) thanks
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

This looks pretty good except for a few obvious things:

1. goddess hat is garbage - put CC in there (SE ofab hat is better but I think impossible at this point)
2. CC sleeves - swap for khaeler
3. Your Ofab gloves make me feel like crying. How can you have 225 CC but have such shit gloves on? Get some twinking gear and stick on some 275 gloves.
4. compagnero - good in ring slots
5. pure novictum ring

Those are the obvious ones for me.

Here's a quick list of To-do's if you really want to get the most out of your toon:

1. get a TL5 bracer of reflection - physics , a TL5 bracer of reflection - elements Both of these go in left wrist, if you duel, use appropriately. These will help a lot vs profs like enforcer, agent (Cobra), SMG fixer, anyone using chiropteras, MA, advy, shade using nippy and/or that other SL piercing weap.

2. If you're uber keen, get bracer of reflection - Energy This will be a seriously reliable defensive item whenever you're playing vs agents or soldiers in BS or in duels, and finally bracer of reflection projectile (kinda useless), and bracer of reflection melee - again, kinda useless - but good vs ECOTE keepers

3. Get yourself a heavy bracer for right wrist (20 AR, 20 RE) should be swappable with 600 HW (buffable)

4. get yourself a MoTR (and I hope you have a barrow strength) - I'd use MoTR + barrow strength + arul saba's in S10, the add dmg is very nice and will boost your DPS reasonably

The last thing I'm kind of humming and hawing about with your setup is your blind faith in symbs.

Symbs give good broad spectrum stats... but aren't THAT good in some cases.

Here's some thoughts:

Left arm ==> QL 240-250 AAD/MM/strength?

Leg ==> QL 240-250 dodge/evade/HD? Or Agi/stam/HD if you aren't using evasion?

Hud 1 ==> adrenaline factory adds 12 stam/str some HP

If you are boosting stam/str/agi with DNA ... consider going a bit further?

Pen OFAB chest QL 275 for 22 I think stam boost?

Then have a look how far are you from 2s HD?

Feet symb ==> 240-250 Evades/HD/AAD?

I'm not suggesting you do these... tbh your setup is good with the first few things I said, but really, any CC setup is a swap setup, so if you're PVPing, you really want to be getting your supernova swap down to a science.

We're talking stuff like: start fight, debuff with tracer/laser, start swap, load fuzz+CK opening perk if you're using that, wait 1s, fire burst, FA/perks land/swap completes/hit AS

And that's your alpha which could be doing about 12k damage if you time it right, all arriving in the space of 1s.

The timing, of course is key.

The CC setup doesn't have room for solid defences (higher HP) so you really want to be focussing on making the kill leaving 0 recovery time.

A ofab/HP /HD setup buys you more time and is OK too - but much more effective at 170ish when you can get 2s HD, 2k static AR and can get pretty beefy survival with or without TMS up.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Thanks Noobas, really appreciate the comments and i will have a think about them.

I laughed at your comment on the gloves! They are not staying, I am almost ready to fix a few ip errors so when i do i will be upgrading as much armour as possible by as much as i can.

you made a point in there about evades and i know you had some comments before about whether or not a soldier might be a decent evade toon so happy to have a look at that as well as the swaps with supernova etc which i have toyed with only, so some of the implants may support that. so might have a look at that which would no doubt mean using CS, obviously though sense could be a challenge and certainly understanding the differing level between cs and cc and the "cost" of using cs instead.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hi mate

Just an FYI. I did build a pretty solid evade soldier (Bishrolledme). At 161 I used persisting everywhere I could, then in LA/feet slots, I used QL 250 evade implants.

The thing was, for that toon, it was meant to be a component of a defensively oriented TL5 multibox, which also had crat (310+75+55 AAD), keeper (90+50 AAD) and wolf advy (161 evades I think), and then OSB'd with GSF. That is a crap tonne of evasion, and with 250 evade imps and 223 CSS, I think she had upwards of 2300 static evades at TL5.

In ANY other venue with the remote exception of evade setup at TL7 - which has been proven to work - I'd really stick with the tried and true setups.

There are two tried and true soldier setups, with one more opening in recent years:

1. AR/HP/AAO/RE perks supernova swap
2. AR/AAO/RE perks supernova swap/bow swap/rifle swap (you can use whichever you want, some soldiers do bow swaps because AS recharge is a lot lower then only finish with a supernova)
3. At 161+ AR/HP/stam/HD/AAO

Historically, AR/HP/AAO is an incredibly robust setup, and there's no reason to think it won't work, but the reality is that at 150 there are slightly different forces at play, and I don't really know how the interplay works (i.e. CH on a 30s timer, advise nerfed with Phoenix on a 1m timer, etc.), so the two biggest powerhouses at 150 (advy/agent) are limited.

However, traders are still strong - soldier nemesis, engies are very strong (again soldier nemesis), and doctors are also very strong, as well as MA's, not to mention keeper, enforcer or properly twinked MP's...

So I guess it really comes down to sticking to your guns, get your swap skill down pat, and of course, getting your debuff perks queued before you hit the deck so at least you can have a chance at taking down that pesky trader.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

ok so things to start getting ready

CC needs to be at least 223-225, so chest ok, but need legs, boots and helmet

Ofab gloves need upgrading both ql and to penultimate

consider rbp

want to be able to self cast "dont fear the reaper" and "adrenaline rush"

Upgrade deck items

change daljas ring for Compagnero or +10 if i can get it

need to look at Noobas suggestions on imps

also not sure where to spare ip spend if looking to hotswap supernova as will need RE and AS spend
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Nic wrote: not sure where to spare ip spend if looking to hotswap supernova as will need RE and AS spend
AS only looks at max damage (you won't be getting AS crits), since AS doesn't include an armor AC reduction on max damage. With a large max damage weapon (supernova) you will be getting close to a capping hit with only 1x multiplier which means there's not much reason to boost AS more than what's necessary to equip the weap.

Attempting to boost your AS damage from multipliers is somewhat pointless at low level; but not for profs which are dependent on AS multipliers for reliable damage (Onehander fixer/soldier/advy; saph bow MA - although this is commensurate with AS recharge reduction; agents in general).

I would rather get high(er) MBS on a larger supernova (QL 200 ideally), with low AS skill.

RE perks are pretty good for soldier, even at low level, and with heals, it may be worth perking out of CH and into RE mastery (not sure about this), to get the max MBS possible with a supernova - don't forget MBS is now Max AR, so your AAO counts towards MBS on supernova.

e.g. if you have 300 AAO, and the Max AR on supernova is 1200, you need 900 skill to get max damage on MBS multiplier.

Then the only boost in damage you can get after that is with add dmg, crit, AS multiplier - crit, forget it, AS forget it, and add dmg is only gaining a 1x multiplier so only use what you would for your main weapon (luckily SPB is energy AC as well so you can stack a bit of energy damage to boost regulars/perks/burst/FA/AS).

Once you have your setup sorted, it's just a matter of practicing, basically your fights should go something like this:

**see enemy**
perk suppressive horde + energize

assess if threat/will be in range, if yes and you want to fight:

load triangulate target 1s load (100% AR vs 90% DR, 30s dur, -400 DR)
load laser paint target 1s load (100% AR vs 95% DR, 20s dur, -100 DR)
load tracer 2s load (FA vs 70% DR, 15s dur, -200 all evades)

also if possible stand still during this time to try to land 1-3 normal hits

These debuffs are WAY faster than they used to be. It used to take 4+3+2 = 9s to load all these, but now it's much faster, also the checks are significantly reduced which means that basically you can get them up vs almost any prof pretty quickly.

You do have to run some basics in your brain though. Ideally you want about 1900ish AR at 150, which means you could get a favourable check up to around 2100 static evades - that's about right, since a 150 crat/trader will have about 2100 evades if buffed/built properly, also a MA in limber/advy in wolf+limber + fixer in limber is about the same.

So start with triangulate target, if it's a trader, you could prioritise tracer, or try to queue tracer immediately since you don't want to be double drained trying to land those debuffs.

anyway, basically as soon as you've got those debuffs running hit root graft, start the supernova swap, queue fuzz/contained burst, and then you should have about a half second to get off BURST/FA/swap completes/AS

And 90% of the time, target is dead. If engi you'll already be dead. If trader you may not have been able to swap and so he'll be sitting there with 10% HP remaining and you'll be hoping a normal hit finishes him (it probably won't).

There are of course several problems with this alpha. 1. you got a 4s window for your target to get up defences 2. you have no idea what defences they got up (you can open their NCU and look now, as of 18.7 but this ads time to the alpha). 3. if your alpha fails... you're kinda hooped. 4. it expends unnecessary offensive output to make a kill

You can trim back some stuff, and figure out what works... but basically you have a few extra perks to use like the RE ones and weapon bash. Also, if you really want to be an unstoppable killed, get lava caps. an extra 900 damage at 150 is basically almost a 99% chance to kill nearly any prof since burst/FA/AS/caps 1 normal should do 3 capped hits and 2 chances at the last 10%.

Of course, making sure burst is landing big damage is possibly the most important thing and is somewhat difficult. Many profs won't have more than 8k HP at 150, so a capped hit is around 2400 damage, to cap a hit you need about 5000 damage. a 5000 damage burst at 150 is pretty difficult to do, so basically you're looking at FA capping, AS possibly capping, and burst almost capping (a 4k burst isn't difficult to get). then you have to make up the difference with:

normal hits - reliable but need to be standing still
lava caps/kizzer - reliable but expensive
perks - pretty reliable but low recharge

The main thing is just remember not to just spam burst FA as soon as you see someone... that is the noob/faceroller way to play. For soldier, so much success relies on setting up the kill.