150 pvp solja

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Nic
Big Leet

150 pvp solja

Post by Nic »

well I have at least got my sol to lvl 150 and have a blank canvas in term sof making him purely pvp orientated.

I already have planet s10 toons (fix, ma and doc), I also have an almost end game sol.

So I was looking to put together a set up that would turn him into a serious pvper.

I have a jobe and smg in mind and whilst that will be tough to get to ( I have read most of the posts on sols) versus the spb if it can be achieved it would be better?

so any initial ideas on what I should do. I have never really focussed much on pvp.

I would think the basics like damage set up to kill quickly, ai armour (so will need ai3 quest) although not sure if a full set is best or maybe a dchest with it, the guns I mentioned.

any comments ideas would be appreciated:)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: 150 pvp solja

Post by noobas »

You can't PVP with SMG/Jobe.

You'll never land a FA.

your best bet is the tried and true method of AR/supernova swap.

SPB + 100-130ish supernova, minimal IP spend in AS/RE, maxed in AR/FA/Burst

IP evades only enough to avoid chain crits

use 275 ofab gloves - but explore whether you can get 300 on.

With 275 chest, 300 miy's back, appropriate pistols/248 stam imps, dehacked fredrickson sleeves, gauntlet, 300 ROE's and 300 tank boots, you might be pretty close.

223-233 CC in arms/gloves/boots/hat
chest+pants you can either do ofab or CC. If you do OFAB pants, I think you can keep 233 CC out of OE for marginal gains
chest is OK as ofab due to AAO and max HP boost, but for a real PVP oriented setup you probably want CC.

shoulders do Igoc's, and if you don't have igocs do 250-260ish faithful pads, Igocs are superior because you can swap em easily for MoTR and barrow strength which will add some very decent damage output in S10.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Thanks Noobas, that gives me some things to go on.

I actually have a supernova on 220 sol which I use for pvp sometimes but it will take more practice:)

the rest I will start on. IGOCs may be hard as very expensive but will try! 223 - 233 cc should be fine, and will check on the rest.

Nic
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

also what is ROE and do you really think lvl 275 or 300 ofab is achievable for 150?

One other question - I am atrox? should I change breed?

Thanks again for the help
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ROE is Record of Employment (usually)

But RE is ranged energy.

275 is easy and 300 is borderline. if I recall correctly, 300 ofab is possible with last Halloween's stuff+ the new hero biccy thing (+5stam/str/agi) that stacks with extruder.

it's a stretch, and imo the effort for 300 isn't worth the gains. You're better off just doing 275 and having the twink ready to go sooner.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Ok Noobas, I gave it a try and unfortunately failed miserably!

I tried with upgraded symbs and changes perks etc used rings and armour

could have been better to use some imps, gauntlet wasn't up and I didn't find back item for +10 either so didn't quite manage what you said.

But highest stamina I got to whilst trying to keep agility high too was 752 so I got ql 225 cc on chest, 1 x sleeve, pants and boots. still using 175 ofab in head and gloves with other sleeve using Kaehler. Using cloak of the reanimated on back it is level 3 so I should get that to lvl 4.

Is there anything else I am missing because even with all that still not sure how I will get to 1100 sta seems almost impossible:)

still got VTE's on which I could change and I have some wasted IP so I will probably strip and rest some/all ip and so it all properly from start.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

well I'm not sure if 1100 stam has been done on 150 soldier.

But there is a lot of new stuff that is adding a crap tonne of stats.

Basically, if you want 1100 stam you have to MAX out. not "I used the stuff I thought of"

Here's a quick list of the more obvious stuff:

Implant/symbs
QL 248-250 stam chest implant (with Str+psych is best)
QL 248-250 waist implant
QL 248-250 Leg implant (with agi+skill lock) you need for other parts of twink)
Sinew of Tarasque
Soldier syndicate brain

Armour:
275 Ofab chest --> 300 Ofab
Dehacked fredrickson sleeves x2
Nova Dillon hat --> SE Ofab
QL 272+ lamnidae gloves
Ljotur Pants of cornucopia
QL 300 miy's tank boots (or scary but that is hard to get on)
QL 286+ Miy's tank back piece
2x OFAB shoulder pads
Grand Armband of endurance/stamina
2x QL 300 ring of endurance

Weapons/belts/etc.
S7 belt
6x QL 250 Stam/strength Xan NCU's
Research attunement device level 2 health
2x HSR Arms NM (QL 100)
QL 285ish+ Endorphin factory

Perks
maxed on DNA
maxed on atrox primary
maxed freak strength
maxed on mountaineer

research:
maxed

Contracts/city:
QL 250 stamina
Ideally QL 250 treatment and QL 250 agi as well
QL 300 city (HQ)

Raidbuffs:
gauntlet

Buffs:
behemoth
Iron circle
Comp attribute

Other:
Hero Olympic pills
Extruder

Getting all the stuff is tricky. then you gotta equip it all.

But before that, you gotta look at what symb will be hard to get on without the slots that you want filled with 300 Ofab: shoulders (lose agi/sense/intel/psych), back (all but not much), helmet (all but not much), chest (treatment mainly), gloves (sen/agi mostly), leg (gain agi but lose on other stuff a bit). So, obviously big losses are sense/agi/treat

It gets tricker still, because you also gotta get the comp lit for the NCU's while having a not ideal setup, generally but it's not as bad as you think. But, basically you need to twink the fuck out of comp lit to get ideally +9 or +10 infused yuttos in so you can get imps in. Also put in other symbs like LA, LW, LH, QL 230-250 HD foot, RW, RH, Eye/Ear

Notably - in ear you want QL 245 ish intel ear for trickle
In eye you'll probably want QL 225ish treat eye then swap to QL 230 comp lit.
In brain you'll need a 220ish treat/sense brain and a 230ish comp lit brain

So first put on your symbs that don't conflict in the hard part and ideally also add supporting skills like pistol/burst/MR/fling/full auto/RE/ skill lock modifier

So once you got your easy symbs on, the first thing you want to do is twink treatment, so go all out treatment, and that includes all trickle, so QL 225ish sense/agi waist, 230 yuttos, chapman pistols, highest brain you can get, etc.

This is to twink in the highest treat EYE in as possible.

You're aiming for as high as possible here because you'll need to swap a fair number of items over to base stats to equip the QL 248 stam implants.

The 248 implants require about 1485 treatment. You can get this, don't be a pussy (this is just the start)

Once you get the 248 implants in you need to shift gears.

The next step is a balls out twink into comp lit - you need 1350.

here's a basic list of stuff that helps:

reanimated cloak of the jester (1/5 or 2/5) any more than that and sense starts to fuck with you
double triumphant suns token board
Maxed perks into comp lit/DNA/atrox secondary (you might be able to get away without this)
genius 2
Triplate gauntlets: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=207836
if no triplate go for Franks gloves of nanoprogramming
QL 220ish crepuscule pants (necessity) so twink up psych to get on a 220 pair (+19CL, +3% skill lock)
Jones energized helmet (http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=151740)
Soft ring with fluff (I did without, but it's BiS)

then, the trick is to equip anything with intel for max trickle. it adds up to like 30 point sof CL with all intel stuff (VtE, NS, sekutek in slots with no CL), etc. And... TUTORING! Now you also want to get as high tutoring as you can so you can double tap Compp lit tutoring device (need maxed skil lock and get someone to cast redeem last wish on you) double tutoring device can add another 14-20 CL or so.

anyway, get your 1350 CL and equip the QL 250 stam NCU's.

stick on weaps/all other crap adding stam

then see where you get to.

At this point you probably have spent 100m on perk resets and you're a nervous wreck, so I suggest taking some time off.

Now you got to get your toon gauntlet buff and all buffs. you can do that then you want to start final calcs.

the MOST difficult/unreliable items are:

1. contracts
2. contracts
3. contracts
4. contracts
5. contracts
6 ...

So, here we want to start considering a few things: 1. will a 250 stam contract be enough? 2. what else do I need?

Hero Olympic pills aren't cheap (200m or so for stack of 5 I think) so you definitely want to assess if you can do without - I doubt it.

So when you're ready to take on the final challenge here there's a few things to remember.

1. you need to equip shoulder first (it's the only slot not adding stam currently, and therefore, once you get 2x shoulders on you're home free)
2. you need to calculate what the LOSS of stam is for each subsequent piece of armour you add is. (if you do 2x shoulder then swap your 275 chest for 300 chest everything will work... but if you try to do backpiece first it'll mess up.
3. SE helmet aftershoulders is best - lose 4 stam, gain 30. THEN chest.
4. back second to last
5. last glove/pants

Now you got a beefy setup, but you're half screwed because now you got to go back and try to equip chest/waist/leg symbs with all those slots filled.

And this is where it gets VERY tough, and VERY sticky.

Sometimes you need to take one piece of armour off, to equip a sense/stat buffing item, then swap in one item and use the boosts you get from the other armour pieces to re-equip the armour with a lower stam adding symb in place... (like chest or something).

Anyway.. I can only take you this far. but if you've made it to here, you've done well.

When I said it took me 2 weeks of twinking my 170 keeper I wasn't lying. But I did that in 2008, before half of the gear you've got available was even in game.

Well, there ya go. see how she goes. Good luck!
Yegga
Growing Leet

Post by Yegga »

Noobas you're like an AO oracle!!

My brain got exhusted reading and imaging the process..

good luck Nic :P
"Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up"
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

For a few years yegga, I had some of the best twinks in game on our dimension.

Some are still reknown in game and occasionally when I log them I get tells from weird oldschool people asking if I remember them and stuff.

Having supertwinks is a ... it's a weird twilight zone. It's like being famous you have people you've never met or never heard of come up to you and ask for directions, feedback and try to befriend you.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

this is amazing, and looks incredibly tough, so basics for me to start

get items I can get ( ia think I have a load, including sinew of tarasque whch is equipped on sol now)
need to finish research although not a big deal
got 4 more ai levels I can get

I will defo need to reset all IP and start again, a couple of small mistakes but not too much
ado brain - have to get this
hacked sleeves I have

I was going to list them all but then I realised there is stuff hadn't even heard of let alone thought of :)

The process of what to put on when is the key, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. But I have to stop jumping ahead and get some of the simple things done, which wont take too long to do.

Thanks again Noobas I will update in a week or so on progress :P
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

When you start looking at doing this in earnest... IF you do...

I have 6x 250 stam/str NCU's and I also have QL 248 stam implants (although some have been missing for a long time).

We also have QL 150 chapmans.

Of course, the top end twinking gear only comes out for high end projects. If you're keen, and you do all the back end work to acquire all the stuff you need, we've got the expensive stuff.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

lol, sounds great.

Well I will get there, but a fair amount to do first which I need to get on with :P

thanks again
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Ok just to recap!

Stuff I need to get, well the physical items anyway not buffs etc (what I have already is in Yellow
Implant/symbs
QL 248-250 stam chest implant (with Str+psych is best)
QL 248-250 waist implant
QL 248-250 Leg implant (with agi+skill lock) you need for other parts of twink)
Sinew of Tarasque
Soldier syndicate brain

Armour:
275 Ofab chest --> 300 Ofab
Dehacked fredrickson sleeves x 2
Nova Dillon hat --> SE Ofab
QL 272+ lamnidae gloves
Ljotur Pants of cornucopia
QL 300 miy's tank boots (or scary but that is hard to get on)
QL 286+ Miy's tank back piece
2x OFAB shoulder pads
Grand Armband of endurance/stamina
2x QL 300 ring of endurance

Weapons/belts/etc.
S7 belt - I cant use this as its level 151 only
6x QL 250 Stam/strength Xan NCU's
Research attunement device level 2 health
2x HSR Arms NM (QL 100) - have ql 104
QL 285ish+ Endorphin factory

Other:
Hero Olympic pills
Extruder
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

in case you think I had lost heart I haven't just been working on ai levels and research, almost done:)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Have you got a sinew of tarasque?

If not, that's a major roadblock.

Not "major" "major" but if you're keen to have an all out twink, you should have it, and there's two places to get it:

Tara (the real one)
Collector

It drops out of bronze chests I think and it's not a real rare drop (I got one on my doctor from there and I've only gone to collector a few times)

But since Clan is putting up a decent fight at tara lately (at least when DI goes) you might be able to get one then.

That said, if you feeling a sense of reluctance to engage on the "all out" setups... there are many other setups that are definitely worthy of respect and will most definitely be capable of producing kills in PVP.

I just don't want you to go all the way down this road, only to realize that it's not possible and have to level your sold up to 160-161 or something. 161 isn't a bad level at all for a real PVP twink, but I sense that you want this toon for S10 as well.