Approaching 220 on Fixer

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Approaching 220 on Fixer

Post by Xandramas »

It's taken me 5 years, but my Fixer is edging closer to 220 :D

I think(!) that she's in a decent-ish place as a starting point for the gearing up process that I'm starting on now:

A. Fully set of QL300 Penultimate OFAB will be done very soon
B. Able to cast all Pande nanos without OBs
C. Alien levels and research in line with what the excellent guide in this section outlines too!

The sticking point for me is currently weapon choice. I'm still using a QL260 Conflagrant Syndicate Messenger Gun. Is this going to be adequate to begin end-game raids and such like, or should I take the plunge and start preparing for the dual-wield path now?

I'm tempted to sell the CSMG and buy a 300 KMP5 and the highest QL Hawk offhand I can get, would this be more effective than the CSMG for starting the gear up process? The last thing I want is to have teams pissed off with me for not pulling my weight!

Opinions gratefully received

edit: grammar
stokken
Leetissimo!

Re: Approaching 220 on Fixer

Post by stokken »

You want 2 envy guns , when use a wu on them they will turn into 1h weapon . Both will need a wu and second one needs a upgrade more but that can be bought in tradeskill shop :)

armor i would say mostly ql 300 css but that will cost a bit . The ofab gloves upgraded are better then css gloves if i remember correct .but going full ofab is nice also. There is no use buying the ofab back item just use sws XI

soon as you have done all abillities research can get ahlpas on , i use arty and eoe, only support i have is brain i think. The eoe is mostly for pvp as i use onehander

lots of nice gear to get from db , escape modul and buff gear sleeves and pants .

the ability bracers are nice to have if you dont already have them , i will be doing some db1 when i get home to get db chest, so if your online we can try get a ap team to do it.

think you can get bracers for 200m now if want to buy all of gmi
:apc:
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Next time im online send me a pm and you can inspect fixer, still work in progress on him as im not 100% happy with gear
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Post by Xandramas »

Yes, I tried the envies on test and was impressed with them, so in your opinion I should start to dual wield now in preparation for them?

I am using SWS instead of back item as I like the "fixery" nature of it :)

I have a dustbrigade bracer and a bracer of kiling intent, iirc - the dustbrigade on only has a couple of infusers on it so far.

Full set of CSS is going to take far more cash than I ever have - better start farming creds (or selling Grace keys lol) :D

I should have added that I'm not a pvper, pure pvm here, but I'd love to take a peek at yours, so to speak - any input is welcome
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Well if start next week with regular city raids , you could get lucky but all loot of bots are sold to highest bo order but if a player wants its just to deduct his part when he buys it
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Post by Xandramas »

No problem at all - I have some strategies to farm creds so I'll slot in with whatever the org does

Thanks for the feedback too, much appreciated
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Post by Xandramas »

well, I have upgraded nearly all my symbs, 1 is still sub-200 (waist I think). all the rest are minimum 220 and a few 240s.

OFAB is all ql300 and Penultimate, except the boots at the moment, buy order set up for 2 more lumps for those.
dual kmp's are in - 80 more MR and I can use a 237 untyped with the 300 typed, so I'm quite pleased with the progress!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Most endgame fixer setups only use Penultimate Ofab in Chest (Full auto/HP), and special edition hat (full auto/AAO/HP).

All other slots you want to fill with CSS. That's probably nothing new.

If you're sitting at 220 with a SMG people are going to raise eyebrows so you definitely want to be getting your Envy's ASAP, CSS you can hold out a bit on, but you definitely want to start attending S42 for your chance at supples, saving all your spare cred and start working towards supple sets.

FYI, a 228 supple bot can make you a QL 285 CSS piece which is only missing 1 point of offensive modifier (it's missinga few points of evades/inits but those are less important.

For Fixers you probably want mostly artillery alpha symbs + support brain/foot (for ND/HD). chest support is probably best. Leg you'll want a support alpha since it's getting dodge range next patch. Also, depending on breed, 280-300 EOE (eye slot).
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Post by Xandramas »

Phew, going to be a cred grind for the CSS but I shall start cred farming and hopefully it won't take too long!

I've got the CSMG on sale now - equipped a 300 kmp5 and a lower untyped one in O/H and I'm mighty impressed, can't wait to see the end result now

Thanks again for the input, much appreciated
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Post by Xandramas »

Why is it that all the bargains are for my Adventurer when I'm looking for stuff for the Fixer :)

Two bits of 300 Combined Mercs on sale at very good prices today so Sheep has a new Hat and Jacket !!!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I'd really try to avoid working on two endgame toons at the same time. From what it sounds like you're more focussed on your advy, and that's not a bad thing.

18.7 will result in advy being more versatile than they currently are, and 18.7 will see a much broader demand for secondary support toons (DPS/heals, DPS/mitigation) where 18.6 has much broader demand for specific roles.

Advy will fill the secondary healer role incredibly well and as such, it's not a bad idea to focus on him.

It sounds like you're melee on advy and that's good for PVM and it's cheap. To flesh out your PVM setup on melee advy you can really start to go cheap as chips with a heavy focus on crit to flesh out your DD.

DB combat chest
Aquarius calculator
Obitom's calculator
Dreadloch sniper's friend
QL 296-300 Viral targeting subunit
goddess boots
predator circlet
Shoulders you can use pads of brawn but you'll really want your collatz pads because the nano bonuses are "needed" for top dog

Setting up for hard DPS on melee advy can utilize lots of nice melee damage items too like a 5/5 arul saba bruised brawler, (in contrast to the Tier 3 DB bracer), and cloak of the wandering knight

As you get richer with time played, there are obvious upgrades, some cheap, some not so cheap.

But the basics are simple:

choose the biggest upgrade for the cheapest price, and work your way to the most expensive adding the least.
So the best slots for expensive upgrades are:

Head: Pred circlet -> gannondorf combined commando's hat
Since you only need a QL 250 hat, you only need a QL 200 supple bot, which only costs 120m that's the cheapest upgrade to QL 300 commando's you can possibly do.

If you choose mercenaries that's ok too, but trust me on this, it's ALWAYS better to make QL 300 commando's than any other armour in game. If it takes you twice as long to farm credits for, it'll be 5x more usable in the end. That's because:

1. CC has both ranged and melee skill bonuses
2. CC has add damage
3. CC has evades (as AAD)
4. CC has AAO
5. you can use it on melee chars or ranged chars for PVP
All of those things mean that it's fundamentally the top armour. It's the most versatile and will give you the greatest happiness to own a set. That and it is, generally speaking, the only way to build top DPS setups.

AR based crit rating is BEST boosted by CC. I don't know exactly how much AR differential you need in order to produce an increase of crit that is noticeable (>1% +/- rounding error) but I do know that CC gives the best chance of getting that rounding error up to 1%.

The AR differential is calculated as follows:
your AR/(your AR + targets def) = %

A lot of work has been done to understand how these differentials work, but there is no conclusive evidence on how the crit % is affected by AR differentials. HOWEVER, it is absolutely certain that at extremes, 100% crit is not only achievable, but enforced by mechanics.

Take a stroll in a backyard, for example and try killing a few level 1-5 leets/reets and you'll notice that you cannot land a normal hit, they ALL crit. This is based on the AR differential, not on your personal crit rating.

As mobs evades (and players) get higher, the chance for a crit decreases, but, the principle remains, and therefore, AR is a significant player in Raw DPS setups.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Post by Xandramas »

I'm starting to arrive at this advy-first conclusion myself - and I have a slight "pulled-in-too-many-directions" feeling, so your comments on this are bang on the mark.

Advy has 300 CM Head and Jacket, DB Sleeve, DB Chest, Legs and Boots and 2 x Mongoose mk 6. 1 x Brawn shoulder and 1 ofab I think

I'm thinking that 18.7 could be a good time to stop flitting between my higher chars and concentrate on getting sheep geared before moving on to my fixer.

This kind of completes the circle too, Adventurer was my first char - although I had one before Worrier, he still dates back to 2005 :)
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Post by Xandramas »

A final thing to note - I wasn't intending on madly rushing all my chars to 220 and leaving them hopelessly gimped and reliant on other player's charity - it's just that I've felt so overwhelmed with the depth of detail in AO again that I was struggling to remember what I had and hadn't done on Sheepworrier - so my plan was to go thru the whole process on Zandramas to re-learn it all.

I guess it's just reading after all, so I'll probably come up to speed in time!