Tactics

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Also note this Fuze... If a trader (usually a low one) pvps for towers, he takes a "drain pet" with him. What is this? It usually is a low level mob he drains and takes with him next to the towers. If he needs to refresh his drains, he can just drain the (low NR) mob to keep his skills up, instead of having to try draining something of high NR. What also works, is that the trader mezzes the mob while fighting and only keeps it unmezzed when he needs to drain :D

Now then, anti-traderness in low pvp? GET NR!!! All traders will hate you :twisted: After L30 basically every profession can get good enough NR to counter traderdrains (Notum Repulsor perkline) but it will kill your nanoskills. Pre-L30, some professions can still counter traders! How? Improved Nano Repulsor from Doctors. Combine that with Storm Carbonum, and triple NR implants and you will see traders having big problems draining you :wink: If you can, get a Nematet's Inner Eye for yet another 50 NR. Professions I think that are good against these low level traders: Fixer, Enforcer (also get Berserk Rage), Trader (just drain first), Keeper (tho they suck if they're low level), Nano-Technician (yes, but just don't get a Shiny NR Head implant, instead NTs have small NR buffs and can win from traders in self pvp... However, if it's a good NT :wink: ), Martial Artist IF twinked well and able to use a low Upon a Wave of Summer. Still I dislike MAs for low pvp since their damage isn't as good as other profession's damage :)

Profs I would CERTAINLY NOT use for low NR twinks: Agents, Shade, basically every toon that needs the NR clusters for something else :wink: . Agents are the worst in this case, just so you know (Head can be NR, wrists -need- to be rifle, and Eye needs to be rifle as well).
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Tactics

Post by noobas »

alpha:

Need some advice on 111 trader, full research, AI 12.

heres the situation:

IP reset evade close and ranged init. (this morning)

have:
QL 275 targeting scope
199 snakemaster, 15% cost NCU, (480 or so NCU and infused nano compiler)
nano controller, (fits 111 otherwise would be lvl 110)
decent QL com relay
elesian cuirass for nano cost,
scouts sleeves QL 148 I think x2,
arithmetic gloves QL 156 I think,
combined sharpshooter pants QL 130,
predator circlet, 2x sandy goo, moon ring echel rock, sandy boots for more evades.

Implants/symbs: maxed for nano skills, cost, shotgun, AS, nano inc. range

max QL 200. thinking about going higher, but only if I can figure out the best setup.

Where I've got IP:
Aimed shot
shotgun
time and space
psych modi
treatment
complit
dodge range
nano resist
(all maxed)

IP'd but not maxed
bio met
matter met
sense imp
fling shot
nano init
all base stats
runspeed

I can easily drain up to nanite enhanced ransack and deprive. Have corporate protection and the AAD debuff.

Problems:
1. took off arith/scouts so needed to re-equip.
2. not enough hp to last thru an advy 4 special alpha
3. can't resist NSD
4. don't really run out of nano, but could be better
5. want more healing
6. if I could resist NSD probably won't worry about more healing cuz I can cast best RK heal drains
7. Trader needs slightly more offence
8. couldn't land feast on MP (perhaps with NSD running, does feast check nano skills against NR? If so I see why it's not landing, but should I go with CoHa instead seeing as how it will check shotgun AR instead?)
9. Is it possible to go NR1
10. I need more NR, do I really?
11. if I go NR, am i screwed?
12. Should I replace CS pants with scouts/officers, should i replace sandy boots with scouts/officers, gloves and helm.
13. do I need evade close? MP pet did hurt me a bit, but more damaging was MP nukes.

14. Chris, this toon is a for org tower twink and if the org wanted to help me out with a piece of armour (or two) or LVB('s) it would be appreciated but not necessary.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Go ahead and unequip everything.

Reset IP, make sure you max evadeclose too, you can't loose that skill.

Go all out Dodge, get some evade if you can, make sure you cast the AAD/AAO drains (higher ones).

Don't do NR1. Ditch Cuirass get Mystical chest or CS/CSS. Get Dalja Skirt, Scheol hood thingie. Notucomm.

Post me a link to auno with the new setup, I hate reading these lists of items as I've no visual idea of what they do and if there's better alternatives for their slots.

My experience with MPs (around 1k NR), is that if they spam NSD enough they WILL land it anyway. Then again even the best MPs can't solokill my advy even if they land the odd NSD (kite/stim/coon/etc).

Talk to Endallius/Explosi, he rawks trader land at TL4 and will be able to help you much better than I. Rumor has it that the 150 omnis start whining in Twinknet when they hear Explosi is at the towers.. :D And trust me they have good reason to do so.

PS: TL4 traders need more offense? My ass. My adv Wolfseye can take on two paid twinked agents without breaking a sweat (IE tank them until they die from old age ;) ), three and I really need to watch what I'm doing. Now compare this to Voideltu, a L95 fr00b trader twink... what THREE PAID AGENT TWINKS can not do, ONE FROOB TRADER TWINK can achieve without too much issues! Basically nanite drains are horribly overpowered at lower TLs. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Yeah. I did all that, I'm reequipping, but basically, I need to figure out how to get more NR I think. REalistically I could change up my right wrist implant, ana dI'll work on getting that stuff you mentioned.

The only reason that MP COULD kill me is that he landed NSD. Otherwise, I was killing him slowly.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln