kinda unique weapon option

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Miltiades
Mini Leet

kinda unique weapon option

Post by Miltiades »

well... i was bored and was lookin around aomainframe and came apon a weapon i used to dream about getting for my soldier... and although no1 uses it anymore i kinda wanna explore its potential the Augmented Hellspinner Shock Cannon http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=201939

now the first thing i noticed was its min dmg is crazy! 201 thats 26 points higher then the spb, and tho its attack and recharge speeds are a lil higher, its ez to get it 1s/1s in full agg. i just wondering why does no1 use this beast anymore? ate the burst and FA recharges way long? if not i think i may want to try and get the upgrades... maybe even swap back and forth from the spb to this between specials lol. even then it would be a fun weapon to play around with, and way better looking then the SPB.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Many fr00bs and TL6s use the hellspinners, especially in PvP. However ...

1) the weapon speed is a big big deal. 1/1 on the SPB versus 1.5/2.3 on the AHC will mean the SPB will easily double the dmg over the HSC over time if the soldier is on full DEF.

You need around 1K ranged init to get the SPB to 1/1 on full DEF

You need around 1.7K to get the AHSC to 1/1 full DEF.

And don't forget your scope, so if you have a QL300 viral scope in, you need 2500 or so init to get the AHSC to 1/1/DEF.

2) Aomainframe doesn't show the stats unless you click the "Extended attributes" (Auno.org just shows them without needing to do this). Look at the Full Auto cycle.

SPB has a 5K FA cycle.

AHSC has a 12K FA cycle.

That's going to make a huge difference in the number of FAs you can do.

However, also note that the Twice Augmented Hellspinner (L210+, requires an upgrade from APF) has a 5K FA cycle. It also has a MBS of 2500 instead of the 1500 on the AHSC and SPB

3) SPB has 50 better on its crit dmg, and when you scale that up, it will be pretty significant.

4) SPB does energy dmg, which is not buffed by Electrophoridae gloves, meaning a difference (when comparing QL300 Electro gloves to QL300 commando gloves) of 50pts per bullet.

5) Hellspinner has to be camped because it is NODROP. The upgrade has to be camped or bought. The -2nd- upgraded for Twice Augmented has to be farmed at APF (though it usually goes for 0+1 points) and can't be used until 210. The SPB on the other hand can be bought and isn't insanely expensive anymore because there are so many out there, and can be camped fairly reliably by many TL5 and almost any TL6 toon (ie, friends or alts).

PS. Note: I'm not spouting HSC hate :) I think its a sexy gun, the above are just reasons why the SPB gets so much love. The AHSC and TAHSC both look awesome and do "okay" damage (amazing dmg for fr00bs). They also have a significantly lower Burst cycle, but that won't compensate for the FA difference on the AHSC.
Miltiades
Mini Leet

figured :\

Post by Miltiades »

yeah figured the FA would be slower :\ ah i already have the hellspinner and if its not that much trouble i gonna get the AHC just for fun lol, o one thing to consider on is that the hell spinner does have a ac debuff... prolly not big enuff to make enuff diff on hecks tho
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Heckler ACs are simply insane. My guess is even against Ely hecklers, -460 Rad AC won't be enough to see a significant damage difference. And against Ado or higher it won't make any difference at all.

Not joking here, the ACs on the Inferno heckler mobs for instance is high enough that even a top of the line Trader AC debuff (max is -5K @ 220 IIRC) will not make a significant dent.

This is precisely why min damage = king in Shadowlands.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

The engi perk Deconstruction at level 9 (ive got this trained) reduces ac's by 6700. The only people to have ever noticed a difference are high level MA's. not even my bots see the difference.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

Thats because MAs crit chance caps at 50% while for most other profs its 30% at best.
rampage
Strong Leet

Post by rampage »

The main/primary reasons why the hellspinners are crap @ 210+ is Clip Size and Recharge Time. Recharge time affects FA recharge more then the FA recycle does. And a clip size of 20 bullets means that you need to reload before FA to have a shot at capping FA at 15k dmg..

If FC would bump clip size to 50 and bring recharge time down a bit, it would be an intresting weapon choice @ end game.

Laters
rampage`
Proud Member of Athen Paladins :guns:
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Re: kinda unique weapon option

Post by Syn_captian »

Hellspinner also has a proc on it which removes AMS I or any TMS which could be usefull for lower lvl pvp hotswapping (TL 5 maybe?) it's a decent proc chance too!
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Well Captian it doesnt remove AMS/TMS totaly but just a percentage of it. Nice to have against other sols in duel tho.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

One version removes AMS2/TMS/RRFE and lower, other version just removes a % reflect.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Alpha can u post those weaps pls.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=257124

Removes 24% reflect.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=202278

Removes AMS1,2/TMS/rrfe/etc.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

I prob all the parts for making the Hellfury Cannons, if needed or they can be farmed from bosses.

The question Faros is can you self your "Fish" or hotswop your Shark.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Alphacenta wrote:http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=257124

Removes 24% reflect.
Only Radiation AC. Yes, that is what this weapon does, but it makes it fairly pointless to swap it with any other decent soldier gun. Just to be clear for people thinking of swapping it. Doesn't change the effectiveness if -keeping- the weapon equipped. Also only lasts for 28sec.

The RRFE stripper (other weapon) is much more useful imo if fighting a target with RRFE/etc since you can then swap once its removed.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

You can hotswap it and use the alb damage alternator/generator (i dont remember the name) in this case u use radiation thingy. So u strip ams/tms hotsawp your main gun and u can do dmg through ams :). This is a strategy that i learned from Alpha :)