Bad Lag

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Tealc
Big Leet

Re: Bad Lag

Post by Tealc »

It’s been a long drawn out process but finally able to play again without bad lag and GUI problems. I had uninstalled AO and reinstalled but was still having problems, so I deleted everything dealing with AO from my computer. I reinstalled just AO and it seemed to work, so I put click saver back in and discovered that I again had bad lag and GUI problems. I removed click savor but still had problems. I again removed everything AO and just put AO back in. It seems to be working fine, even got to do the AI city raid last night, which had a great turnout, and had no problems. So I guess that the click savor had been my problem. But now hopefully I can play more, hope to see you all in game.
I haven't lost my Mind, it's backed up on a disk Somewhere.

TealcDragon
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

That's really odd but good that it's solved. Was click saver installed before when you didn't have any lag and with your current version of Windows? Also, what version Click Saver are you using?
Tealc
Big Leet

Post by Tealc »

No, I did not have click saver before, my son had come over and installed it because I was trying to do some twinking and said it would be faster to get parts. He said it was the click saver that was recommended on the AO forums so not sure which version he loaded.

TealcDragon
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Post by Malosar »

Very weird. Were you installing clicksaver into the AO directory or something? It uses some hooks but if it's not active it shouldn't affect anything.
Tealc
Big Leet

Post by Tealc »

That's what I thought to, but with it just being in my computer seemed to cause problems. Now that I took it out, AO seems to be fine. Has only been a couple of days but like the raid yesterday everything was good, no lag, no distorted GUI. I don't really need click saver so no real loss. All I know is I can now play :D

TealcDragon
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

yes there is an external dl hook you have to use for one of the versions or it tends to corrupt things or hang the game. It's the version I use. I'll look it up
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thnkas for posting the "conclusion" of this case as I asked you online, Tealc :) It's very strange though but I haven't used -nor have installed- Clicksaver for years and I would have to investigate.

If anyone else see this thread and got an issue with Clicksaver, please post. :)
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

the version I use that uses the third party dl hooks is 2.4.0. Works fine but really problematic on later versions of windows without work

see: http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=13
Con
Growing Leet

Post by Con »

Alternative to Clicksaver that I use is MishBuddy. The website where you can download is http://www.mmotoolbox.com.
Constitutor 220/30/70 Fixer
Publicus 220/30/70 Crat
Asculapius 150 Doc, Validusius 100 MP, Magnusferrum 220 Keeper, Aterumbra 213 Shade

Unity of the Rose: Nuadha 220 MP, Diancectmed 220 Doc, Goibhniu 220 Engi, Deaghdia 220 Enfo, Creidhne 220 Trader