Pyramid of Home / DB3 teams - put yourself on the list

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Con
Growing Leet

Re: Pyramid of Home / DB3 teams - put yourself on the list

Post by Con »

I'm in for all.
Constitutor 220/30/70 Fixer
Publicus 220/30/70 Crat
Asculapius 150 Doc, Validusius 100 MP, Magnusferrum 220 Keeper, Aterumbra 213 Shade

Unity of the Rose: Nuadha 220 MP, Diancectmed 220 Doc, Goibhniu 220 Engi, Deaghdia 220 Enfo, Creidhne 220 Trader
badsector
Growing Leet

Post by badsector »

Would love some db3 as i need a few bracers and its not easy to get team.
Need also some stuff from poh but thats easy to get a team.
Zagalote 220/30 Soldier
Badsctor 220/30 Trader
Badnpets 220/30 MP
Zagat0 220/30 Shade
Nosolas 220/30 Enforcer
Docsolas 218/29 Doctor
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

OK, I guess we have a good core list to start working with now.

Nice post by Noobas too. :)

Clearly the difficulty order (at least in my opinion) is, sorted by increasing difficulty:

- Collector: once you know what to do, it usually works and only the Collector encounter itself can be a problem

- Gauntlet: it's a DSP run more than really anything else, not that much tricky (but the fact it's on a timer means it's a pain to plan anything)

- PoH: although it's a big and tough instance,I tend to think that it's more "polished", balanced and less tricky than DB3

- DB3: let's be clear, even if you know what to do... and even if you do it... sometimes it just doesn't work. (Best example being the flames: I can/could tank in TSW, jumping out the deadly AoEs of TSW Nightmare dungeon bosses, interrupt their casting of dreadful powers, etc.... and I very often just fail with DB3's flames... go figure.) Plus, as Noobas said, the professions choice is very picky and I'd say unfair to several professions. (MP pet is melee but can't seriously interrupt the last DB3 boss...)

So now, let's figure an agenda out. :)
falconwar
Maxi Leet

Post by falconwar »

I am in for all. Great idea to farm this end game content within org. Real noob to POH... About db3, I did it a load of time and can survive to 2nd floor :)
badsector
Growing Leet

Post by badsector »

Actually i dont think db3 2nd is hard, 2 men can do it. 4th floor is harder because you need a 6 men team with specific profs and that is hard to get.
Zagalote 220/30 Soldier
Badsctor 220/30 Trader
Badnpets 220/30 MP
Zagat0 220/30 Shade
Nosolas 220/30 Enforcer
Docsolas 218/29 Doctor
Koven
Mini Leet

Post by Koven »

Im up for poh. Did the two last bosses with at good team and it i quite fun.
Gaunt i did a few times but still need some items.
Collector i havent done. Would like to try it with at good team but dunno if there is anything interesting there.

Thurundur 220/30/70 Crat
Kovso1 220/30/70 Sol
Starbeam 220/26/66 Doc
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

badsector wrote:Actually i dont think db3 2nd is hard, 2 men can do it. 4th floor is harder because you need a 6 men team with specific profs and that is hard to get.
The 2dnd floor, the "flames" one, is the main problem: some (not many) people say like you Zag, and so it's certainly true for them. And some very good players, like Imamedic do hate it totally. There is something there I never understood. Anyhow, I'm in for doing it again and again. :)

And, yes, last floor is a gameplay issue because it almost "locks out" some professions, which is a gameplay nonsense.

Anyhow, what sort of "schedule" should we have to help interested APs form teams for PoH etc?

Mondays? But there is the public s42.

Before our daily raids? But way before so we have time to try and retry beofre the raid.

After raids? (As a personal note, I'm brain-toasted after raids :crazy: but that's not just about me)

Side note: I only need the item from the "roof" boss in Gauntlet for my armor, but of course I will help always.
badsector
Growing Leet

Post by badsector »

Mondays after hodor for me seems nice, it ends soon (about 9pm gmt).
Before our raids I can't but probably its the best time for everybody. Keep in mind that db3/poh can be done in 1h30 or so with an experienced team but can also last for 2h30 or more. :biggrin:

Or we can schedule a day for db3/poh with ppl registering, just like db quest. I think this is the best choice. You can take an apf raid, I think we do too many of those. :roll:
And if possible mix experienced players with 1st timers and force ppl to read guides and view videos, I learn like that and practice, that way will be faster and smoother.
Zagalote 220/30 Soldier
Badsctor 220/30 Trader
Badnpets 220/30 MP
Zagat0 220/30 Shade
Nosolas 220/30 Enforcer
Docsolas 218/29 Doctor
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

Videos is really helpful. Im thinking of doing some myself just did not make time to learn how yet lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marinesold
Baby Leet

Post by Marinesold »

i like the idea of scheduling PoH/DB3 but as stated we need specific profs to make those happen. i think because of the difficulty of the raids we also need time to make mistakes and retry during the runs.

Perhaps 2 saturdays and 2 sundays of every month could be scheduled for PoH/db3. Example : 1st and 3rd saturday of the month PoH. 2nd and 4th sunday of the month DB3. replacing 2 crazy raid days and 2 12man raids per month. something like that.

the only thing that may be worth considering, as controversial as it may sound, is limiting participation in these zones to characters who are 220 and relatively geared. As noobas stated these instances are difficult and I hate to say it but 6 AP's who are undergeared, underleveled and/or inexperienced may only find frustration in some of these PF's unless they are in some manner limited to those who are more likely to complete them.

just my 2c
-moon
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Marinesold wrote: 6 AP's who are undergeared, underleveled and/or inexperienced may only find frustration in some of these PF's unless they are in some manner limited to those who are more likely to complete them.
At the very least prioritise AP's who are either max geared or correct prof and appropriately geared.

At the start of any DB3 run, I would run a quick checklist to assess that your team has or has access to:

1. An endgame doctor (this is the most important prof and is absolutely critical. Doctor has to have good ping, stable internet, excellent gear, at least 20k HP, and I'd aim for 150% heal eff)

2. A properly built endgame melee prof (MA/shade/enforcer, ME keeper, melee advy, engineer with masters repairs - engineer really has to be in top form, I'd choose any melee prof over an engi for this job) to tank the robot on 6th floor (this is critical)

3. AT LEAST ONE soldier but 2-3 is better for the fire room if the soldier has bad ping, bad timing, bad luck, or bad skill. Soldiers need to have decent gear to tank boss and flame damage. The reason for having more than 1 is that if the tank insta-splats on big flames, then you need someone to take over - doc can tank it, I've done it before... but only for about 5 seconds. Soldier is also second best tank on floor 4 - pop AMS only when adds come, this allows doc to focus on adds.

4. One keeper - you probably can do without, but a crit setup keeper is just so bloody valuable on every single floor - significantly reduces strain on the doctor on all floors except fire room

5. Fixer - necessity for floor 4. Fixer is by far the best tank these days for DB3, but if your fixer can't tank, you'll really want to have a soldier tanking

6. Crat - essential. LMN adds on floor 4, but gotta be so fast. Usually you need not only a crat but a second rooter/snarer working in tandem. Crat needed generally for best in game init debuffs, aura for fixer tanking boss on L4, debuffs on L6, and mezzing, debuffing on L1/3/5. Pretty much can't beat it without a good crat.

Key tactics:

Fire floor: if you have a soldier and a doctor you can beat it. I've beat it on doctor where myself and a soldier whittle down boss from about 90% HP. It's often an effective method to have some pet profs just beating the crap out of him while soldier holds aggro and doc heals. Of course, the most important thing is to keep refreshing your temp buffs, and staying out of the flames. Teams with two healers or a few secondary healers (MA, advy, second doc) do OK in general because team/area heals really can make or break a bad jump in many cases. Reflects are absolutely crucial. DPS is critical to beat the boss before you make a mistake, which WILL happen in which case you die. Best case scenario: beat it in under 5 minutes. (that means you only have to play flawlessly for 5 minutes, as opposed to more than that at which point mostly people start getting twitchy)

Crate boss: Have a fixer with 20k base HP tank him, get a Ibehe, all doc buffs. In my experience the steady, high evasion mitigation tactic paired with huge crit reduction is really effective vs this boss. Soldier mitigate a ton of damage during AMS, but during AMS downtime their HP bounces. Fixer + keeper can almost be healed by HoT healing, ICR+keeper auras. If a soldier tanks, make SURE you don't AMS until adds pop, then EVERYONE focus on adds. Use two callers (2 assist 1, for example). Everyone on the team SHOULD have root grafts, if you see a dude moving with 50%+ HP, root him (the root lasts 20s, which is a lot longer than how long it takes him to run to the crates.) Profs with fast damage output and/or fast recharging burst damage are really important here. Good profs are engi/soldier/fixer/NT/crat/agent/ IPDK trader /pistol MP /ranged advy backstabbers (melee advy/shade). Obvious is obvious: don't spam damage on boss, save perks/specials for adds for best chance of success.

Level 6 boss: pretty easy with the right combo: separate team into a triangle 4-1-1, the melee guy apart from others, doctor also on his own. 4 take engineer, melee take robot, doctor stands at third point of triangle and heals both units to avoid LOS problems that can occasionally arise, as well as not getting debuffed by robot. If doc can UBT the robot it's helpful. Crat helps for debuffs.

On levels 1/3/5 I've seen many teams fail hard because they didn't take these levels seriously. Make sure you consider the serious danger of having your doctor NSD'd. The engineer mobs will wreak havoc if left unchecked. The supercommandos do a crap ton of damage, so it's imperative to get fast kills on the add waves. A crat is essential if you intend to mezz mobs or not fight all at once. One mess up can wipe a party VERY fast. A crat MUST keep the boss debuffed, if the crat fails, the doc has to, if the doc is in heal rech, there's no heals, but if the crat or doc gets NSD'd, then the DPS must rapidly identify the engineer and lay him out ASAP. Basically, these floors are like chain reactions, and they all start with the NSD engineer debuff and end in a wipe. Use LOS liberally to avoid boss damage at every opportunity. The boss doesn't lose aggro if you're still in her floor so they won't heal unless you wipe.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
shartris
Strong Leet

Post by shartris »

Great post Noobas, =D> i was brainstorming myself on how to appropriately approach this thread as i have seen it dormant since Chris posted it. Listen we all want the new gear from PoH :) , some of us have gone through it, helped with the PoH guide and have lead the way in getting some peeps their gear. The fact is we do need to do it more but as noobas stated we need to do it with the right professions and gear to complete it successfully. It just takes practice, the more we do it, the better we get. We can of course loot with alts and help those that do not have a core profession. Here is a proposition for discussion on how to attain this:

1. Schedule a Friday PoH Raid 1 once or twice a month just like we do for Inferno Key, Biodome, Mercs or DB Quest

2. Make a sign up sheet to create a raid list. (We can add rules for core professions and gear for this raid)

3. Do a couple runs in an evening, successful raiding with 2 runs will yield 6 inert sigils of machiavelli and a plethora of inert Sigil of Alighieri's, capsules for board upgrades, and hud items. (standard Sector 42 loot rules 1 loot per person)

This not going to be like gathering for any other raid we have done so far, as this raid requires the following:

1. a decently geared toon that fills a core position

2. knowledge of the mechanics needed to navigate this play field

3. Teamwork and the ability to listen to instructions

Up until now AP Raiding has not required this level of scrutiny, ability to perform, and teamwork before. I am still personally working through the various core professions needed to navigate Poh:

Hammured (Enfo) - need my alphas in - learning to tank end boss (need to not be CM dependent on this toon) almost finished gathering the required items needed to put alphas in.

Insured (Crat) - have finished multiple times with this profession most notable mechanic - calming Flaming balls at 4th boss, keeping other bosses debuffed, otherwise this prof is used primarily as a dps

Lendahand (Doc) - have competed on Doc, the most difficult part is 2nd boss at the last wave, making sure everyone stays healed, and also 4th boss as enforcer kites around the arena to keep everyone healed up if someone hits a ground mine or a flaming ball.

Dedicated (Soja) - is the most experienced at this atm. personally i think for 2nd boss especially soja is your key dps (there are others ofc as noobas has stated) profession it has 3 main responsibilities in this order:

1. taking agg from tank when he or she is morphed

2. calling out and killing adds fast

3. killing boss (saving specials for adds)

Thats all i have so far, please continue to contribute and add things that we can do to get this off that ground and make it a successful raiding experience for everyone.

One Note: Right now our population is low and we have many people doing other things, We may have to postpone this until our population gets a little higher, as we have seen lately with our 42 raiding.

Just a thought.

Shar

:apc:
Shartris 220/30/70 Squad Commander
Alts: Lendahand / Dedicated / Insured / Hammured / Metashar
AP officer PVM / RAIDS / HR
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Nicely said guys. PoH isn't easy and we can't just gather and switch to autopilot. Another thing to be conscious of is the core of leaders we have that run this. I've done it with Ultri and Bog and they are very good at it. We can't turn this into work for them and should allow them to build teams as they see fit balancing experienced players with first timers. It may be awhile before all that want it to get through. Can we identify here people that feel confident about leading this?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Great posts everyone. :) Hyper-positive attitude and lots of ideas and information (kuddos to noobas especially).

Mondays after public s42 will likely be one of the days. Others, not sure yet.

I also agree that for PoH and DB3, it would be hard to have more than one "first timer" in the team (maybe 2 for Poh?) except if we don't intend to do all the floors of the PoH, and do "training runs" which could be a very good idea.

Registration could be a good idea too. More like an "appointment" so we know who can be there, what profession(s), etc.

Maybe we can have two teams the same day?

We'll figure all that out.

Let's start this progressively and let's organize with practice.

Any other suggestion?