Pyramid of Home / DB3 teams - put yourself on the list

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Pyramid of Home / DB3 teams - put yourself on the list

Post by noobas »

If you do POH with new people, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

I've done PoH a lot and oftentimes the new guys are completely fried by the time you get to the portal, in which case, they say "sweet I got my token board upgrade and a couple of aligheri's" and they walk away happy, with a toon or two logged at the portal.

For a person who has not yet completed PoH, I really think that doing it in a few stages is a good thing.

Stage 1: complete floor 1/2/3/4/5 (got some decent loot, feelsgoodman)

Stage 2: learn to blitz

Stage 3: attempt phobettor

Honestly, if you take a new guy through, and then when you finally get to the portal, and say, ohya this is the hardest boss in game, but not only that, you also now need to be able to solo blitz floors 1-5, they will blow a gasket.

On my first 5-8 tries on PoH, I was more than happy just to GET to the portal, no one ever told me I needed to blitz, and only much later I found the video of how to blitz, and that really sped things up, but the reality is that doing it all at once is mind-blowingly difficult.

I'd say in general, anyone whose done it before successfully will attest that new people should try to learn in stages. As a "ticket" to phobettor, they should have at the very least completed one 5k token board, and learned to blitz. That's saying 'I did the content, I might have got lucky but I can blitz back, and now I'm ready for the big kahuna'. which isn't unreasonable.

Another way of making it more fair for those who are new/veterans is to simply say if you're not alive at phobettor's death, you don't get to roll on Machiavelli's. Honestly, this will weed out so many problems. It provides people with strong incentive to stay alive which really is the key tactic on phobettor, and if you haven't learned to blitz yet, you're simply not ready for phobettor.

A good blitz time is <2 minutes. Which means you're back at phobettor and doing damage before rez timer has finished. If a kill takes 20 minutes, then there's a 90% chance you'll be back before he dies, provided you weren't core. If you're core, you simply can't die, and that's why there has to be a strong incentive for people to stay alive.

Those aren't unreasonable considerations, and I've seen rules that are even more harsh, such as, you don't get to roll on phobettor if you died PERIOD. I actually got banned in a bot that farms POH for fussing over the application of that rule, but in retrospect, I see the value in it.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ultra
Champion Leet

Re: Pyramid of Home / DB3 teams - put yourself on the list

Post by Ultra »

Btw about looting rules

When ill run DB3 i use to say you can just roll for 1 hud or infusers and all can roll for bracers.
Unless its credruns but ill dont do em so mutch anymore.

Maybe good to make up before you start

Ill pitch in when you need but got no good timing for raids atm. :(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯