Pyramid of Home / DB3 teams - put yourself on the list

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Pyramid of Home / DB3 teams - put yourself on the list

Post by Chrisax »

So far, we have left PoH teams and DB3 teams to personal initiative. That's great to see several AP's organized teams to do this contant (and gauntlet too).

But we need to make this content more accessible to all AP's and, also, way more frequent. :)

So if you are interested in doing and even starting and learnng
- Pyramid of Home
- DB3
- Gauntlet
- Collector (which is easier than all the above)

Please post your characters here and specify what intances you are willing to do! :D

Let's make this happen almost as easily as our daily raids happen !
stokken
Leetissimo!

Re: Pyramid of Home / DB3 teams - put yourself on the list

Post by stokken »

Would love to do PoH , guess gotta try pc if can handle it but im guessing since is instance would be ok

Collector can be done easy with enf as after they added charge nano
:apc:
Duke
Mini Leet

Post by Duke »

I would like POH :) also collector... Dukesmedic....
Last edited by Duke on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Timba
Mini Leet

Post by Timba »

For my Timba cat:
- Regarding PoH, I've had bad luck with finding a random group for it. I finished both my Awakened Token boards, got both Corrupted weapons, secured all the Aligheri sigil upgrades, got my damage HUD3, but those Machiavelli sigils are elusive! I've done over 9 successful Phoebettor kills with no loot at all at him. Would love to see teams organized. Can offer Advy dd/support or Engineer dd/fire-snares.
- I've done a handful of successful DB3 runs, but haven't gotten a bracer yet. People don't like Advies in their farm teams. Would love to do this in a team.
- I've finished the Gauntlet for my 3 armor pieces, been a while since I stepped in there, but can help.
- Never done collector on my adventurer. I've done it on my engineer back a few years ago, but haven't stepped in there ever since. Would be fun to see how it is.

Basically, I'm down for any action if I am online :)
Poussecafe
Baby Leet

Post by Poussecafe »

Would like to discover these instances with Poussecafe.
Bellatrix
Strong Leet

Post by Bellatrix »

Would like to go for collector and gauntlet as I've never done them before. PoH, well it would be nice to get past the second boss for once. Reason why I don't speak up when others start organising teams is because it's either too late or its at an inconvenient time. That leaves DB 3, would be great to get past fire room.

So you could say I'm up for all of these.
AFK for the forseeable future.
Marinesold
Baby Leet

Post by Marinesold »

Hey guys, moonmarin here. I would be up for PoH, DB3, Collector and gauntlet on my MA. In order of need, I need PoH loot followed by DB3/Gauntlet/Collector. If We were to choose 1 raid of the 4 I would opt for PoH given a choice.

thanks
-moon
Agamundos
Mini Leet

Post by Agamundos »

DB3: flames floor: can't get thru, level: incompetent/unfit; crates & engineer floors: level: very good. Missing bracer on a couple toons, have all Modules.

Collector: I never liked the "surprise" bronze/silver/gold boxes system, but I am glad to participate when Org will raid it. Level: noob (can't kick).

Gauntlet: full armor set on all toons, but I am available to help (level: pro)

PoH: almost full armor set on all toons, but I am available to help (level: pro)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ho hum

I see what's happening here.

All the people who didn't have the right toons for DB3 are saying "oh, I need that!"

Well, it's not your fault FC designed these instances like this, but it doesn't help you either.

Here's a quick rundown:

In DB3 you actually want a few toons to choose from, because some profs are actually miles ahead of others when it comes to getting the job done, while other profs are simply unusuable, or are unable to make a positive impact due to mechanics. Again, not your fault, but a symptom of poor planning by FC.

For DB3 here's what you want:

Floor 1/3/5: any team will do, but crat/doc is vital, keeper is exceptionally useful

Floor 2, Fire room: One of the hardest individual encounters I've ever played. I honestly think that todays AO (post 18.7/18.8) there's a lot more wiggle-room.

Originally you wanted 4 soldiers+2 docs, or 2 docs and 2 solds and 2 pet classes to keep up the DD while everyone was jumping around.

Here's what generally works:
1. Pet classes - good for sustained DD while you try to stay alive
2. Special spam classes with high damage specials (soldiers, fixers, ranged advy I guess)
3. reflect classes, high HP classes - soldiers, pit lizard advy, enforcer, decent setup keepers, doctors, engineers

Here's what doesn't work:
1. anyone squishy - 20k HP bare minimum
2. anyone with bad ping - bye bye Australia
3. short range melee - MA, melee advy, 1HB and/or 1HE enforcer, ME keeper
4. Shades

Given the above, what you really want is higher HP profs with Decent spammable DPS, good reflects, lots of healing

Some profs can actually do fairly well if they play well (MA for example), can do pretty solid DD if they stay in range of the guy in middle, and this actually can be a double-whammy, since you can dodge flames more easily closer to the middle. Since MA does 87% of his DD just by pressing Q, it leaves him free to pay attention to flames (OK! could work) careful you don't get aggro though, you ideally want a soldier/fixer tanking.

Level 4: Boxes and adds

Despite what people think, there's only one thing you really want here, and it's a fixer tanking. A fixer can evade tank like a boss. Obviously tanks need good HP rating so you really want about 20k HP pre doc buffs (that's a proper endgame atrox fixer setup, but could swap in some stuff, don't forget to get your 12m and pred buffs, you'll want all the def/off you can get).

Ultimately, a fixer is needed for snares on adds anyways, so it makes sense to have him tank as it frees up everyone else from healing/support healing to focus down the adds.

Crat of course is needed for snares/roots, and an agent could help, also with an odd CH etc.

Here we have a completely different set of profs needed/wanted from the fire room.

Ideally you have
1. Fixer
2. Doctor (with root grafts)
3. Soldier (with root grafts)
4. Soldier/DD ranged advy/fixer
5. crat
6. agent/fixer/NT

In case it's not clear, what is needed here is roots/snares and a crap-tonne of special spam to knock out the adds very very rapidly.

Then we got level 6.

Here, in contrast to the other levels, MELEE rules!

What the hell, we got all this way with heavy ranged spam, and now we need melee? for heavens sake!

Ok, in the last room, you NEED:

1. MA/keeper/enforcer/shade/engi (chicken) to tank the robot - this is imperative so his nuke doesn't roast everyone, you have to interrupt it and the only way to do that is with heavy melee damage spam
2. doc
3. crat
4. damage mitigation/damage
5. damage mitigation/damage
6. second tank (fixer/soldier/enforcer/pit lizard/keeper/shade) to tank the engineer boss

That's it. So there you go, Whatever prof you're playing unless it's a doctor or crat or soldier, there's basically at best one floor that you'll be able to make a good impact in.

And that's why DB3 is a bit of a bitch.

People who only have MA, or MP, or keeper as their end game toons, it's going to be difficult to get completions on DB3 with those profs, unfortunately. My recommendation is if you have another prof that's in decent shape that fits the 'tried and true' approach, use those. Unfortunately there just isn't a lot of room because the mechanics demand that you first can survive, and IF you can survive, then you need to kill the boss.

Other notes: If you're not level 220, if you're not level AI 30, if you're not close to LE 70, if you don't have a proper 5 gem arul, and several slots to swap to boost your DPS from 220k DPM to 350k DPM, if you don't even know what your 'tanky' DPM is or your "maxed" DPM is, if you don't know to go farm 12m/pred buffs before attempting DB3...If you are still using S10 huds, and are wearing some mix and match armor set, if you can't do DB2 without falling off the path or DB1 without someone carrying the team, if you are struggling with mechanics concepts or simply don't mind failing, DB3 is not for you.

Do everyone a favour and gear up, get buffed, and bring your A game, because a "pro" team can easily waste 3-4 hours in DB 3 and walk out with nothing more than a foul temper and a wasted evening if you don't do the appropriate preparations.

Everytime I've ever done DB3, the team will always do a 5 minute DB2 run just to ensure everyone has a DD buff running before taking it on. If DB2 isn't your cup of tea, or "it's too hard" don't waste your team's time - just leave, because DB3 is about 20x more difficult than DB2. When you take on DB3, you should be in endgame gear, no exceptions.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Post by Cherib »

all of the above instances, not done them with the exception of completion of first room in PoH
shade/engy both 220/30
soldier maybe crat after a few more AI lvls
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

Good post Noobas.

Yea you need coreproffessions always avalible to get 6th random toon but you could 5man but its hard.

So its always possible but you will find hard to find teams kinda feel sorry for ppl who dont have coretoons.
Thats why everyone should have a doc its always needed ;)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Arxx
Mini Leet

Post by Arxx »

count me in for all of it or whatever I'm "acceptable" to do
Pookey
Little Leet

Post by Pookey »

I'll join for any of them. My docs, enf, crat, and NT all have good gear. My other 220s need some work and probably not equipped well enough to join right now.
I have joined for a few PoH runs but have not yet completed DB3 or gauntlet. I have only done collector once in the past few years. And I should probably get the adv into some nice gear to help with collector if needed.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

I would love to get invoplved in all, but never see t be on long enough.

Some idea of timescales would be good to know as well so people with less time can plan around it.
wiisper
Strong Leet

Post by wiisper »

I'm game for all of the above.