Fixer reset, tips needed

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Keepbrave
Little Leet

Fixer reset, tips needed

Post by Keepbrave »

Hi all.

Finally got my Fixer to 100 last night!
I have bought and decided on a FULL IP reset. Obviously this means tripping everything out, so I will be trying to set my IP up right and twink relativly high as I seem to be very gimp at the moment and am solo leveling more than teams.

Can any of you current fixers lay out the IP for me? I have messed it up good and proper and the guide on the official forums is a bit dated.
Also any suggestions on specific armour/implants/symbs to go for on a lvl100. I hope I can get into my GA3 with ease now so I can do missions solo which would be nice.
Currently have QL115 Blaster so obviously need to upgrade that as well, and all my armour is gimp so it is either GA3 or decent Armour, or swap between both.

Any advice would be fantastic!

Thanks!
All my toons are Brave :)

Fixerbrave, Metabrave, Agentbrave, Nanobrave, Tradebrave, Shadebrave, Docbrave, Adventbrave, Keepbrave etc etc
Nic
Big Leet

Re: Fixer reset, tips needed

Post by Nic »

what are your plans for the fixer - stay at 100 or level further?
Keepbrave
Little Leet

Post by Keepbrave »

I have never been a fan of sticking to a low level as the game is so dead unless your at end game.
I initially tried a couple years ago to make it into a lvl60 TOTW twink with GA3 but got really grumpy with it and gave up, then when I came back had loads of stuff in my bags for twinking I had no idea what I was doing haha. So I decided I will just continue to level as I have no use for a TOTW twink now.

So I plan to keep levelling to 220, but I want to do a full reset now and set him up properly so I can hit some solo missions and solo levelling when I can not find teams and just not be such a gimp. I don't mind spending credits getting him kitted out with half decent/decent stuff to make the next 100 levels easier but I really just need a IP guide and help with imp/symbs and armour if I don't stick to GA3 all the time.

Fixerbrave, Metabrave, Agentbrave, Nanobrave, Tradebrave, Shadebrave, Docbrave, Adventbrave, Keepbrave etc etc
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

If you have the vp , ofab armor is good to level on. At lvl 100 there are not as many good symbs might as well go 200 implants if you manage to get them on .
Lvl 132+ i would start looking at symbs, good thing with fixers they can use support if needed.
Some of the lvl 132+ symbs can cost a fortune so check what you need and dont waste credits on exspensive symbs that are for tl5 twinks.
Org bank has some arty symbs can borrow but there is none of exspensive ones
:apc:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Contact us (me, Buster, aother officer) for symbinats if you need. We'll have a look. :)
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

My 2 cents of advices as both a fixer and sloob/froob decent twinker.

1st of all : if you plan levelling, never waste a GA ! Each is designed for a specific level range pvp or pvm use. In short, GA1 is sub/nasc, GA2 is totw/ely, GA3 is biomare/sheol/s10, GA4 is IS+/ado/s7. So your GA3 should be used by a level locked toon between 80 and 120 max, imo.

Out of this aspect : if i were levelling a sloob fixer nowadays i'll use a mix of self-levelling XP armor they now give for subscribers + some parts of (improved ?) Ofab for more AR/Def added to a progressing SWeb spinner to update every title or so.

At final level (220 supposed ?) : i use the max Sweb + a swap between AI full arith for buffing and mixed AI SS & Ofab to obtain max AR and decent Def (this was a pvp toon when i was still doing some). Up to you to find the correct balance for nice buffing & playing ;)
Keepbrave
Little Leet

Post by Keepbrave »

Some of that made sense :)
I added GA2 and cast the Nano so the armour is in my inventory, are you saying it is a one time use nano? If so there is no point me putting it on. EDIT: On re-reading your post, I assume your meaning level locked as in someone who will stay at that level.

I will try and jump on later, but at the moment I am in newcommer armour and have the Brigade XP helm from the shop, so will look for this XP stuff later.

bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

Keepbrave wrote:I assume your meaning level locked as in someone who will stay at that level.
Yay, summed up : GA = fixer at correct level stopping to XP for ever (except AI level & research, ofc). Otherwise you're wasting the GA wich is a rare non-buyable out of GMI/market. GA is not 1 time nano, it's a nano creating a timed item (back armor) wich disappear after few hours, hence you need to swap buff armors & recast to rewear.

PS : new thing is that GA backs are now allowing few more armors in others slots (head, chest, sleeve, pants, boots) but it's still very limited (Ljotur, carb, etc) ; it's unlike Sweb spinners wich allow any other armor beside back, including Ofab & AI combined.
Keepbrave wrote:will look for this XP stuff later.
Name is Luxury Armor evoked here for 14th anniversary : http://archive.anarchy-online.com/wsp/a ... le=CONTENT
Really practical equivalent of Tier armor mixed with the Living Cyborg ability of levelling with its wearer. Must have :)
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

bitnykk wrote:
PS : new thing is that GA backs are now allowing few more armors in others slots (head, chest, sleeve, pants, boots) but it's still very limited (Ljotur, carb, etc) ; it's unlike Sweb spinners wich allow any other armor beside back, including Ofab & AI combined.
what can you wear? I must have missed something here? I know i can put my double sun in the neck but dont think cc/cs or ofab works?
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

Nic wrote:what can you wear? I must have missed something here? I know i can put my double sun in the neck but dont think cc/cs or ofab works?
Need to be tested again but Ljotur, eg, still worked with GA few times ago. Don't think it changed since. CC/CS/Ofab work only with Sweb, still not with GA (& prolly never will). But GA now keeps effects in SL, unlike before it was 100% OE out of RK/APF.
Keepbrave
Little Leet

Post by Keepbrave »

Right, sort of another question at the same time then.
As GA is suited to level lock (I am assuming 100 is a good spot for GA3) and as it makes killing a lot easier, is it worth me turning off XP after I reset and respecced and then grinding mission tokens etc and let my XP build up in pool and then swap to armour grab a AI + Baton and then power through with my pool?

Sounds silly, but that will push me past the usefulness of GA3 so I may as well use it to grab tokens easily, then power through to the next grind.

Also as a side note, ofab will be hard as I have no VP and BS is probably going to be major dead so getting VP will be a pain.

bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

If not stated enough upper, to me (and most fixers), once a GA is used on a toon it means you locked it to the correct level in range for ever. Wich mean XP is disabled for ever - except for AI/LE if need some more.

PS : wich also means you now should roll ANOTHER fixer to level over, now that you used GA2 on this toon ...

For the use you mentionned (lock, equip, pool then grind), i'd advice your new fixer to stick with Sweb - wich is designed to be bought & updated as you level up. Now said, if you'd want to waste a GA1/2/3 or even 4, really it's your toon, money & time ;)
Keepbrave
Little Leet

Post by Keepbrave »

aaaah, Well I have not put on the GA so XP leveling is fine! phew..
And I only put the GA2 nano on as can not do the GA3 nano yet.

So as I will level past their usefulness, maybe I should sell the GA3 nano then?
Keepbrave
Little Leet

Post by Keepbrave »

bitnykk: As a Fixer yourself, are you abel to provide me with your or a PvE IP layout.

As I say I am totally gimp at the moment and am about to do a full IP reset, so I would love to know the best places to put my IP. I know it sounds really silly but the way I have it currently I seem to have too many skills and not enough IP to put in them.

Thanks!

bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

Keepbrave wrote:aaaah, Well I have not put on the GA so XP leveling is fine! phew..
If you didn't click & load the nano on the toon yet, nothing's wasted :)
Keepbrave wrote:So as I will level past their usefulness, maybe I should sell the GA3 nano then ?
That OR reroll a different fixer for GA correct range & enjoy pvm content & pvp with it.
Keepbrave wrote:are you abel to provide me with your or a PvE IP layout.
I don't have such detailed layout, and overmore all depends on the toon level and use. FYI : i got a 220 sloob pvp w SW11 + froobs of levels 25 w GA1, 80 w GA3 & 125 w GA4 (own a GA2 but never used it yet as i don't have a toon for it).

But more generally, my advice is the following :
- do a full IPR (or partial if you didn't raise skills too much)
- buff/equip/perk then put exact IP where needed (abil, CL, treat always first)
- put your final gears to wear (best order : belt, ncu, implants, weapon)
- when all finished, b/e/p toon with exp/moch/wrange/b&e to put exact IP needed for GA
- once wrangle down, adjust skills to avoid OE (option : add few points to prevent minor debuff)

That way you'll waste the fewest IP possible ;)