AO 15th Anniversary announcement - Frozen accounts can play

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

AO 15th Anniversary announcement - Frozen accounts can play

Post by Chrisax »

15th Anniversary!

Dear Citizens of Rubi-Ka,

Here we are, one year older and wiser. In this letter I will be detailing the 2016 Anniversary event, which will go from June 23rd until July 11th. Come log in and celebrate with us!

Everyone's invited!

For the duration of the Anniversary celebration, accounts that have been frozen and/or gone unpaid, and are in good standing, will be able to log in freely! You can download either client here:
Standard Client http://ctrack.funcom.com/ad/?ref=AODOWNLOAD
or
New Engine http://ctrack.funcom.com/ad/?ref=AONEWENGINE

On June 23rd, we'll be updating the installers to bring you to the 18.8.15 version, but feel free to grab the client now and update in preparation.

Anniversary Subscription Offers and Presents

As part of this year's celebration you can take advantage of these unique Membership offers with brand new items. The offers are available for the duration of the anniversary event.

Buy three months of Membership and receive one month extra for free, plus one Combat Nano Can which boosts your XP gain by 50% for four hours and the brand new Silencer's Armor Helmet.

Buy six months of Membership and receive two months extra for free, plus two Combat Nano Cans, the brand new Silencer's Armor Helmet and the Silencer's Tank Armor.

Buy twelve months of Membership and receive four months extra for free, plus four Combat Nano Cans and the complete Silencer Armor set. This set includes the Helmet, Tank Armor, Body, Legs, two Arms, Feet, Neck and Gloves!
In addition to the above offers, anyone who logs in during the Anniversary event may claim a Ganimedes Personal Jetpack. Subscribers can additionally claim a pet Mantis Hatchling and a set of Balloons to help celebrate!

The Tinker & The Desert Nomads

The Tinker has made her return to Newland Desert, and is ready to make large and explosive gifts for her favorite foe, The Desert Rider. Join her in her madness and take out the many Desert Nomads to find parts for the many gifts she wants to make. The Desert Nomads will be located in Newland Desert, Mort, Perpetual Wastelands and Broken Shores.

The Tinker will reward you for your efforts. Especially if you walk the extra mile to get her the items she needs. The "Vacuum Packed Desert Nomad Armor" will be yours if you help her collect 250 items. She will complete a gift with 500 items this year.
Rewards for defeating the Desert Rider have also been improved, to better include all participants. Approach the large present that is left behind, and claim a prize from the Desert Rider's personal stash!

Finally, the SBC-Xpm Sites will now host Desert Nomad Commandos, who protect some additional rewards from the Desert Rider's private storage.

Notum Tower Changes

With the Anniversary, all tower sites will have the ability to have a pre-defined time during the day that they will be able to be attacked. The intention of this change is to ensure that tower wars will always be more accessible to the larger game population. In addition to this, more towers will be made available within the tower shops, to help with towers changing hands over the coming weeks.

New Research Line

This update will be offering a new personal research line that will be available to all professions. This is an end-game perkline that will offer a series of powerful skill increases, with the final perk ability of being able to equip Alien Armor without having perks invested in Alien Technology Expertise.

Veteran Points & Veteran Shop
As a final item for the Anniversary, accounts will be awarded additional Veteran Points! The amount of points handed out is based on how long the account has been a member. Some additional new reward items will be placed within the Veteran Shop to burn those newly acquired points on. Enjoy!
- Michizure
Hyde
Hyde!

Re: AO 15th Anniversary announcement - Frozen accounts can play

Post by Hyde »

Thanks Chris :)

I'll be hopping on to say hello and play some. I probably won't be playing as much as I expected during this period ... we just put in a bid on a house in Seattle and are in process of winding down my wife's business in Oregon in prep for the move.

But ... at least I'll get my names active again ;)
Chrisax
President

Re: AO 15th Anniversary announcement - Frozen accounts can play

Post by Chrisax »

Well, Hyde, good luck to you and your wife with your projects in Seattle. I went there long ago and I like the city very much.

If you can't play much, no problem, it will be great to see the name of Doctorhyde back! =D>

When you are settled in Seattle and that, hopefully, all is going well, you'll have more time to be on RK. :)