GMI bug unequips all items?!?

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Re: GMI bug unequips all items?!?

Post by Chrisax »

I didn't realize that, probably when managing stuff for AP (we store fnds on GMI and buy some items for the org), I got affected.

I lost (?) my Alappaa Brawn (critical rating) shoulderpad which was replaced with my inactive Bastion pad that was in a bag.

I'm not sure what else happened as it's Hyde who told me I was wearing an inactive pad early this morning after I spent the night on bots. I was too tired to look into the situation.
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

The servers are back online. Please note: GMI terminals have been temporarily removed, and portable GMI stations will not function.
:apc:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Just got a note back that my items were returned to my affected character and put back on (except the social gear but I kinda figured). Going to bed so haven't checked directly. Just reporting back so folks know they are starting to wade through the emails.

Removing the global announcement since GMI is disabled now so it can't happen again.

PS. Chris, inventory your gear so you can get your ticket filled.
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

Apparently rumors running that GMI still NOT quite fixed and about to be removed AGAIN.
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

They removed GMI from TIR was it a DI hack ?` :biggrin:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

they remove it from tir i belive
:apc:
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

Thats what i said lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Post by bitnykk »

DI/NKB, same crap.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

FC is offering 5 free days to all active accounts to say "sorry":

http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =2&t=10781
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

Almost a week

Cheers :biggrin:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

:SIGH:

Ok, following on the 900M credit emails with SQL code (which more and more people are getting) ... it MAY be that GMI is broken again.

"Rubberbander shouts: Injecting Market Terminal... Rubberbander shouts: 5 ... Rubberbander shouts: 4 ... Rubberbander shouts: 3 ... Rubberbander shouts: 2 ... Rubberbander shouts: 1 ... Rubberbander shouts: Injection done. Rubberbander shouts: Terminal is ready to strip even your character. "

In Borealis tonight (thanks to Hamiwami for letting us know).

No confirmed GMI strips yet but be on the wary about it.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

[Clan OOC] Dukatus: so purchasing on gmi, results in the legit email, after you open legit email, you seems to get spam with credits, that seems to be the sequence
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I played hours today with no email.

Logged a lowb with crap gear (just in case, Holyhyde).

Bought something on GMI and retrieved it from Mail.

ALSO chatted in Clan OOC a bit on Goraud and Hydentity.

30 min later I had email on Goraud (but not Hydentity). Which is the right account for both. So not sure if the trigger was chatting, GMI, or random coincidence. It would seem to be the OOC chat.

I've posted a headline on org chat and we've notified Alliance chat.
Boomer
The Boom

Post by Boomer »

I have OOC turned off and never chat on it but I received mail after buying off gmi within an hour.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Chances are very high (imo) that this isn't really a key logger nor even an in-game SQL hack. What it looks like the more I think about it is that Phaz/NKB/whoever is trying to mess with FC again by inflating the economy even more.

There are people on FB currently begging for more emails. Apparently 1 person claims to have gotten 45 of them (so 40B credits total).

Looking at Buster's text ... I THINK the script/program they are using to create the new credits for the mail tossed an error when that mail was generated and the error message got stuck in the mail text.

It is remotely possible that there is something more nefarious hidden in opening the email. 1 player on FB claims their toons were deleted after opening the mail. But only 1 report like that so far. Enough to keep the warning up so people know what the remote possibilities are.

But I don't think it is going to be a keylogger nor a direct account hack. Phaz and NKBs goals have always been to try and harm Funcom rather than individual players (I'm not arguing they're NOT hurting players, but the way they are doing it is by harming the game as a whole and creating chaos, not by direct account hacks).

As to what the trigger is for having a mail sent to you, I don't know that one. I petitioned to have the 1 mail I got deleted (can't delete mail with credits attached until you take the credits). But I'm sure many people are opening them and keeping the credits.

The question will be what happens next:

* Funcom's response will be interesting, as the prior GMI hacks came before AO went "maintenance mode" (you'd think fixing this kind of thing would BE maintenance)

* Seeing what, if any, negative effects happen to players who opened the mail (me) / took the credits

For paranoia's sake I've changed my password and made myself more keylogger-safe (Keypass random password, only entered by obfuscated autotype, I don't even KNOW my password right now), but I'm not expecting anything to happen.