The Holy Evil Trinity and....well this is a community alert.

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Graytrader
Big Leet

The Holy Evil Trinity and....well this is a community alert.

Post by Graytrader »

I think the first Forums Post Turned into a flame session.

Check Link :

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=443801

And note last comment in last 2 posts

These issues have been looked into and taken care of. If this continues please send a PM to me and it will also be looked into.

Please no more posts about The Holy Trinity.

Justin 'Asomadus' Dunsworth
Funcom Forum Administrator

Update: Please send in a /petition if this happens including all pertinent information.

Justin 'Asomadus' Dunsworth
Funcom Forum Administrator
Dheliver
Strong Leet

Post by Dheliver »

BOYAA!
thank you.
...and hope that even means something.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:mrgreen: Great, finally.

It has been a very long day for some since last evening. Thank you to all who supported the movement for this clarification.

For those who missed the post or can't read the link Dodtorhyde posted:
Today, 17:09:12

Important clarification of 'Kill Stealing' policy

Recently there has been a growing problem with players out-damaging (kill stealing) alien raid generals and pocket bosses. There is a prevailing misconception that our policy, which permits out damaging, allows such behavior. This is an incorrect assumption.

The “no one owns a monster” aspect of our gameplay policy is meant to reflect that, in an open area where multiple players are hunting, no one person or group can lay claim to the NPCs. All monsters in game are community monsters.

However, this does not extend to those NPCs that are triggered specifically by a player or team’s work. When a team of players trigger an alien raid, in their city, that raid and the subsequently spawned general, are theirs. To sneak in and attempt to out damage the team with the sole purpose of earning loot rights, is in direct violation of our code of conduct. This is considered harassment and will be dealt with as such.

The same applies to pocket bosses, which are triggered specifically by a team of players. To lay in wait and then out damage that team for loot rights is griefing, and will be dealt with as harassment.

Effective immediately, any players confirmed to have violated the code of conduct in this manner, will be suspended. Multiple violations could result in a permanent ban.

----------------------------
Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
Community Manager - Anarchy Online
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... ?p=4111458

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Woot!! So does anyone know if the trinity have got banned?

For once FC have shown that they do listen to the community.
Finally a bit of a thumbs up for them.
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

doult it sill....i only see FC warning them first. if they get any petitions of this nature then they act
Last edited by caveman on Mon May 01, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------
Baazaar
Strong Leet

Post by Baazaar »

Finally!
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

Spawning

Post by Valkyrieval »

OK, so they mention specifically alien generals and pocket bosses.

What about other raids that require a spawning process, like Vanya? Mercs? Hollow Island?

Where is the line drawn?
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

at teh moment i guess its draw at pb's and gens. mercs its hard to say who spawned because if someoen od's you on the ph then they can claim they spawned even if you've been there for hours.

Vanya i guess its who ever feeds the insigs.

HI the person that feeds the weed
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Yes, going by their wording, the team with the insig feeder for various SL bosses, etc would be the ones with rights.

-Might- go for any spawning process, for instance extrapolated this means that a team that kills the PH for various RK bosses (like Obediency Enforcer) "owns" the spawn if the next pop is the named spawn. However, I doubt it.

I sort of doubt this will get covered for those bosses or even Mercs though, because Ota and many boss mobs -can- spawn without anyone trying.

Yeah, you gotta feed the letter, but at that point its really pushing it. Dunno, maybe. The big thing is the things that take significant effort and/or credits to spawn are now protected.