The mysterious UNLEARNING DEVICE that gives.... RESET points

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

The mysterious UNLEARNING DEVICE that gives.... RESET points

Post by Chrisax »

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=260422
Unlearning Device
QL:
Icon #99257An alien device which helps the user to recover underutilized portions of their brain.
[NODROP][UNIQUE]
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

oh

my

god
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Very Kewl....

cant wait to try it out 8) my question is what do you do with it im guessing its like a token that you right click & use.

MOo ha ha HA :twisted:
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

OMG
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Female
Strong Leet

Post by Female »

Fem would really like this thing to be true and confirmed :luv:
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

nerf that nodrop tag :shock: wtb!!!
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Doom_Eater wrote:nerf that nodrop tag :shock: wtb!!!
omg please don't remove the nodrop tag. It'd be the most haussed item on the market, bleh.
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

WTS Reset point, 1B pst
Grimdari
Leet

Post by Grimdari »

How often do you guys find yourself resetting points? Are they that sought after 201+?
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

due to game changes, many toons to be able to use contemporary weapons, had to reset skills multiple times, leaving them without IPRs and therefore useless grim.

this is a move that will bring alot of old timers back to the game, if it happens.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

yup, like an enf going from 1hb to 2he, or 2hb, or 1he; or an adv going melee to ranged, etc. etc., etc.
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Or a formerly fr00b doc going MA, then pistols, then MA again (that was the dumb move), then Assault Rifle, then Shotgun. I did 3 switches before I was an AP'er and had some people of higher level I could ask for information and 2 of them as fr00b ... so I essentially replicated what alot of the older docs went through with expansions coming out.

Even if I didn't change weapons again, I could easily use 5 reset points right now to fix IP mistakes. But I only have 2 left, meaning they're reserved for Lost Eden. If I could get more IPR, even if the process is as painful as getting ERU/IAPU from the current APFs, I could fix doc (like being able to max his evades ... between Dimach, Brawl, Heavy Weapons, Burst and B&E I could max evades and probably PM/SI for UBT).

Or the old-school AO engis who started as MA (they had good MA buffage), later went pistols when the tradeskill pistols came out, later switched to grenade when SL came out, then switched back to pistols when AI came out.

Or like Mud mentioned, Enforcers who have switched weapons a few times (like the old piercing enfos). This isn't AS expensive as switching from MA to ranged and back (don't have to IPR inits or specials), but its something enforcers are wont to do alot. I know Tammaros for instance is now out of IPR.

Or MAs who trained tradeskills around TL6 only to find they need the IP badle 210+ (that's a hint btw ... but also the case of 2-3 other MAs I know), the list goes on.

The second a new expansion comes out most toons find that -something- has been added that they desparately want/need. Wise IPR consumption is ... well ... wise. Its not hard to blow a lot of IPR. Some items (Nano Controller Unit comes to mind) pretty much -require- a non-engineer/non-trader to waste 2 IPR building them because they take so much IP to build.

And once you get to a point where you have no way to fix skills with IPR, you get frustrated, bitter, and eventually some people leave the game.

I'm not an advocate of free switching of all skills at any time ... I've only ever advocated making people earn additional IPR ... this item would do just that.
Female
Strong Leet

Post by Female »

Hyde wrote: Or MAs who trained tradeskills around TL6 only to find they need the IP badle 210+ (that's a hint btw ... but also the case of 2-3 other MAs I know), the list goes on.

What MA would do such a silly thing like this? :oops:
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

WTB 38521745239457234 things of that! :o

On testlive you have unlimited IPR at least... :wink: (GMs can fill your IPR to whatever value they want :D )
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.