F**K FUNCOM

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Re: F**K FUNCOM

Post by Chrisax »

Raynevalco wrote:Pretty sure it was said that character from new server will not be moved to old server. If new server fails then its all gone.
Yes they said that now in an incredibly blunt and senseless line... They are basically telling us that there is not incentive to play on the new server... Characters will be deleted, no huge rewards transferable to RK5 for some accomplishment on RK6 like there was in AoC, nothing except just playing a sort-of old, vintage AO.
If the server closes, what happens to my character?

If the server does end, characters do not carry over from RK2019 to the original server.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/rk2019-faq-read-me/56603
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Except it's not really a vintage fresh start. Maybe that's what you mean by 'sort of' Chris? The Agency is there, the Reck, the new whoomp layout and a million other things. It's not the way it was even in 2010, it's just the current setup with bits that can't be accessed. Really struggling to understand the point of it all.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

THAT is exactly what I meant with "sort-of". It's not the 2001 AO but I assume it would be impossible to exactly recreate it, except if we wanted all the old bugs back.

Although The Reck could have been there quite fast at the beginning of AOas it actually just waited incomplete for many, many years (so are some other zones, like the city of Sparta if I recall correctly).