Alien levels, research, and xp questions

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Asystole
Little Leet

Alien levels, research, and xp questions

Post by Asystole »

Hi,
I have several questions regarding the topic. I have noticed that as I have gained alien levels, the amount of xp required to complete research increases, diverting an increasing amount of xp from regular leveling, holding the research xp contribution slider constant. With this in mind, to finish research faster, does it make sense to stop completing alien levels?
I've reached level 4 alien-wise and have had the xp research slider set at 100%, but initially it only siphoned 45,000 xp, leaving the millions of xp from each daily mission for RK leveling. Now, 650,000 xp or more in order to achieve what appears to be the same increment of research is looking steep.
Of course, the perk token for each alien level is nice. What are your thoughts? Thank you.
Tentonhammer
Mini Leet

Re: Alien levels, research, and xp questions

Post by Tentonhammer »

How much xp you can donate to Research depends on the research Tier that your investing in.

What level (s) are you now and what Tier are you researching?

For instance my 220 enforcer can only donate 10M xp to research in one mission completion.
Asystole
Little Leet

Post by Asystole »

Alien level 4. As an NT I'm working on the fourth tier of the first research line.

Is that what you're asking? I'm trying to grasp the nuances
Tentonhammer
Mini Leet

Post by Tentonhammer »

Oke so AI level does not influence Lost Eden Reserch levels.

Around level 185 you can do 7 tiers of research, and you have like 8 different lines of research.

And for example: On tier one every kill you can donate 2.500 xp to research and on tier two you can add 22.500 xp each kill (or xp gain from daily)
Asystole
Little Leet

Post by Asystole »

Ah! That explains it. Thank you. I was incorrectly associating alien levels with the research, when in reality it's the level within each line that is determining this. Thank you again.