185 NT, 3rd spec cyberdeck, and damage output

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Asystole
Little Leet

185 NT, 3rd spec cyberdeck, and damage output

Post by Asystole »

Hi,
I'm hoping for some guidance on this topic. I gave up my shotgun which gave decent damage output considering the critical hits, and instead equipped the third spec cyberdeck. I was pleasantly surprised to discover it does direct damage all by itself; with critical hits, no less, although I don't see how to increase these starts, is there a way to do so?

The only nuke nano I have that requires the deck is the QL165 Notum Double. I find because of this detrimental cool down stat that overrides it's recharge time that I have to alternate between it and other older nukes. My matter creation, buffed, implanted, armored, is like 1140. Is there something else I should be doing at this level to increase damage output?

The deck hits so many other skills with that -2000 modifier, but it doesn't appear to touch melee. So, does it make sense to dump ip into multimelee so as to equip some kind of melee weapon in the left hand? Is this even possible?

Thank you in advance for whatever guidance you can offer.
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Re: 185 NT, 3rd spec cyberdeck, and damage output

Post by Nanomace »

Increasing Matter Creation will increase your damage output as NT

Also look out for %add direct nano damage modifier armors (check out things like ofab chest/enhanced jathos/nano targeting helper etc)

A nice weapon to dual wield is the soft pepper pistol found in mission chests (Sealed Weapon Receptacle - Soft Pepper Pistol)

They come in lots of ql's https://aoitems.com/search/name:soft+pepper+pistol/ NT's use this gun for the nano skills rather than an actual gun as the cyberdeck kills off any chance of having an effective multi ranged weapon
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Precision, just in case:
A nice weapon to dual wield is the soft pepper pistol found in mission chests (Sealed Weapon Receptacle - Soft Pepper Pistol)
Mace means of course RK missions. The receptacles are very old-school items, containing weapons. :)

To open chests, you need Break and Entry skills. BUT, opening is a roll. It's your B&E skill vs the chest "safety". So, theoretically, if you keep trying opening a chest, sooner or later, you'll get a good roll, and it will open, even if you have low BE. But this could also takes days.

In practice, an immediate opening should be performed if your BE is 4x the mission level (the level of the reward item of the mission). It's 2x for closed doors.

Don't really invest in BE though as a NT...

Tips:
- use the BE generic composite buff you can cast on yourself
- set yourself on FULL DEFENSE when trying to open a chest (or a door); this increases your non-combat operations chances. (Old trick not many probably remember).
- ask a Fixer or an Engineer for a BE buff
Cracker's Luck		Fixer		+23	5 NCU			
Crowbar Subtlety	Engineer	+32	7 NCU			
Stack the Odds		Fixer		+70	22 NCU			
Karma Harvest		Fixer		+130	47 NCU
Of course, maybe you can find the weapon or receptacle on GMI. It's also possible someone in AP has a very old item gathering dust somewhere in a bank.

About the MC skill, base of almost all damage by NTs, get enough NCUs so you have ask a MP for an MC Mocham (51 NCUs). NTs have a big MC self-buff too, at end-game levels.
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Post by Nanomace »

Very expensive on GMI. I'm pretty sure I have an old one gathering dust in vault. I'll check it out later and maybe mail it to you
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Post by Nanomace »

I just mailed Empyema-1 a ql 174 Shining Soft Pepper Pistol.

This will give you +24 nanoskills.

Once you get closer to endgame, you will more than likely want to upgrade to the highest ql 194 Majestic Soft Pepper Pistol, granting you +28 nanoskills.

You will need 855 in pistol and 845 in multi ranged to equipt this gun and it needs to be put on before your nanodeck as your nanodeck will drop your pistol skills -2000.

I recommend not using and IP (or as little as possible) when dual weilding these items as you will need your improvement points for other things. Instead do a perk reset and perk for pistol and for multi ranged. Then you will need to build (or ask someone to build) implants for some ponts. Below are the implants you will need:

Pistol Right Wrist Right Hand Eye
Multi Ranged Left Wrist Right Wrist Eye

Be careful not to build them too high as you will need to get enough abilities and treatment to equipt, but you also want them as high as you can possibly go as you will need all the points you can get. Play with implants and ql's here: https://auno.org/ao/imp.php

You will also maybe need to look into maybe borrowing some combined AI armors for some extra stats.

I will ask you, with absolutely no rush, that if you decide to upgrade to the ql194 pistol one day, please send me this one back (they are not cheap) :)
Asystole
Little Leet

Post by Asystole »

Nanomace, thank you so much! This is so kind of you. I haven't been online since last night (EST) so I haven't received the email yet.
I have a pepper pistol still in its container in the bank from 2002 timeframe. I never used it, and now don't know how to get it out of its container...screwdriver?
I'm going to send your pistol back to you this evening when I'm back online; I don't want to possibly forget who gave it to me. Again, so very cool of you!
Asystole
Little Leet

Post by Asystole »

Chrisax, thank you for the information and advice. The table of BE skills buffs is most helpful and and informative. I have been using perks to increase HP first, nano skills second. HP now un-buffed is now just over 8000. That's from QL 200 standard implants and the "Captain Anarchy" armor I received for renewing my membership for one year, and maxed body dev and perks.
The nano skills are all in the 900's except for MC which is over 1100. NanoInitC is over 1200.
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Post by Nanomace »

http://wiki.aodb.us/wiki/Sealed_Weapon_Receptacles

Hacker tool on sealed receptacle followed by nano pilon (recommended ql194+ pilon)
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Post by Nanomace »

Asystole wrote:Chrisax, thank you for the information and advice. The table of BE skills buffs is most helpful and and informative. I have been using perks to increase HP first, nano skills second. HP now un-buffed is now just over 8000. That's from QL 200 standard implants and the "Captain Anarchy" armor I received for renewing my membership for one year, and maxed body dev and perks.
The nano skills are all in the 900's except for MC which is over 1100. NanoInitC is over 1200.

Also focus on treatment/computer literacy and evades
Asystole
Little Leet

Post by Asystole »

Yes. Thank you for that. I do have treatment, evades (except for duck explosion it appears), and computer literacy maxed, and I found in my inventory a whole litany of various treatment-boosting items from when I got in QL200 implants years ago. At the moment it looks like I could probably get treatment up over 1200 if necessary, and from what I understand, it will absolutely be necessary.