Extra 12-man (or others) runs with registration?

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Extra 12-man (or others) runs with registration?

Post by Chrisax »

Tentonhammer posted on our Alliance forums about adding a registration-based 12-man run to our regular 12-man big runs.

I thought it would be good to repost it here with my reply (so far), as not all of you read Alliance forums regularly.
AP_Tentonhammer wrote:Hello fellow Alliance raiders,

I have a concern. Lately we have been running a lot of 12man raids on one evening. Ofcourse its cool and awesome that we have enough ppl to run 7 or 8 times.

BUT in the last two raids my main enforcer was in, only non essential stuff was looted.

I really want to help people get stuff, but in this case my time felt wasted.

I propose that we ask people to sign up for stuff they need.
AND run other raids like Mitaar and Vortexx at the same time.

Please let me know your opinions and what I can do to help.

Cheers!
AP_Chrisax wrote:We could perfectly have in parallel, and listed on our Raids agenda:

- our usual 12-man runs day, where we do more or less 5 to 7 runs, with everyone able to pop in the bot and get a spot

- a one-run 12man on another day where people need to register

Both opportunities must of course don't affect negatively each other.

The one-run 12-man could happen on Mondays or after a "short" raid during the week.

The hard part is managing registration. It is REALLY a though job. Especially as there are mandatory professions (tank, doc, crat, and 2 keepers ideally). That's the main issue I can see. I need to figure out something easy.

OR it's "to register contact Tentonhammer" and you handle the whole thing, but, my friend, I have to warn you seriously that this is not a gift. :o
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Re: Extra 12-man (or others) runs with registration?

Post by Nanomace »

I raided every ipande raid I could with allianceraid for years, seeking a BoC for NT. In the end I joined a points based raid (forget the name) and saved up enough points to earn it (outside of allianceraid).

On my doc and enfo I have got lucky on rolls in allianceraid.

It is hard to aquire the loot you need from allianceraids. Something like boc or a beta thigh/ear hits the loot list and 10/20 ppl add for it because it is very lucrative.

Next thing I seek is PoH gear and I will never aquire it all by waiting for the allianceraid "timeslot for PoH"

My point here is.. there is nothing stopping anyone from forming a group/raid themselves. Start by asking for interest. There are lots of people in alliance that wait for others to ask "who's game for something". If you need something from 12man... you have to grind 12man.

Form a 12-man or Mitaar group any day or everyday (just not on a day when allianceraid is doing it). Lots of others need too and I'm sure you can find 11 people no problems