AO MASS CRASHING Thursday May 11 and after

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

AO MASS CRASHING Thursday May 11 and after

Post by Chrisax »

Due to perma-crashing, we have to cancel 12-man raids Thursday. I'll try to schedule some extra raids to compenate our two days of raiding lost (Tuesday and Wednesday) when things are stable again. :-)

We only have this information from FC at the moment, 6 hours ago:
Umborls
Customer Support

We apologize for the continued server instability. We are working towards a permanent solution. Thank you for your patience with this matter.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/we-are-work ... ity/228746
Mophro
Giant Leet

Re: AO MASS CRASHING Thursday May 11

Post by Mophro »

Code: Select all

[Clan OOC] Fcplzwipe: Good day citizens! As you might have been noticing there was some server instability in the past few days, the attack will continue until dear Funcom does a server restart and wipes all the dupe bags! We know it is frustrating to you players, but its a necessary thing to force FC to actually do something.
At the moment the servers seem ok though.
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

Soooo something funny happened.
I was talking with someone on discord, and he was showing sympathy and even full on support in my eyes for the crashing-dude.
I was subtly pushing a few buttons and when I believe I got to his limit the server crashes started up again.

The timing was soo right that I seriously dont think it was a coincidence.
Pass the salt please.
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

In other words, I was dc-ed again just now and i wasnt the only one.
Pass the salt please.
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Bit worried by Funcom’s comment that they are working on a ‘permanent solution’.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Mophro wrote:

Code: Select all

[Clan OOC] Fcplzwipe: Good day citizens! As you might have been noticing there was some server instability in the past few days, the attack will continue until dear Funcom does a server restart and wipes all the dupe bags! We know it is frustrating to you players, but its a necessary thing to force FC to actually do something.

So an idiot is threatening to sink a ship and its passengers in the middle of the ocean if the company doesn't fix the food for the passengers?! Brilliant. :evil:

"Restarting" the servers does nothing to duped items. Only a rollback (restart the servers with a past snapshot of servers' data) would eliminate the duped items created after that snapshot was taken, but no other duped item... and all the items won, trade-skilled, bought, points, xp, etc earned would be lost for everyone.
Chrisax
President

Re: AO MASS CRASHING Thursday May 11 and after

Post by Chrisax »

Any news? I couldn't try to log on yet and I saw no message anywhere so far.
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

as you prolly already know by now, I think they migitated the issue by disabling account creation:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/new-account ... 023/228803
Pass the salt please.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thx Mop. :),

The game was totally stable last night and we could have, as planned, one iPande raid and 2 runs for Inferno keys.

For everyone who needs, here is the text of the post by FC, 19 hours ago:
Greetings, citizens of Rubi-Ka.

Our website and account administration teams are currently investigating an issue affecting new account registration through our website. You can read more about this specific issue here:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/known-issue ... 023/228802
Greetings, citizens of Rubi-Ka. Our website and account administration teams are currently investigating an issue affecting new account registration through the Anarchy Online website. Until this issue is resolved, you may experience an error when trying to register a new account. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to identify and resolve the issue as swiftly as possible. As soon as new information is available, we’ll be happy to share it with all our players, so please keep an eye on the forums for further updates. We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this matter and hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Regards,
GM Rooibos and the Funcom Support Team
New updates will be posted to that thread ( https://forums.funcom.com/t/known-issue ... 023/228802 ), so please keep an eye on it for further announcements. Thank you again for your patience while we work to address this issue as swiftly as possible and I hope you all still enjoy the weekend.

Warm regards,
GM Rooibos and the Funcom Support Team