Server down for emergency patch (sevral downtimes)

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Server down for emergency patch (sevral downtimes)

Post by Chrisax »

I just logged on and APs told me there was a downtime for an emergency patch.

Short after, I was disconnected so I assume it's the downtime.
Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
We will be restarting dimension 2 at 23:45 our time (about ten minutes from now) so that the technicians can compare activity as the servers start up (amongst other things to see if the issue might be related to uptime or volume of traffic somewhere)

This will mean people will be unable to log into any dimension while this takes place.

Once we have seen what happens when we bring it back up we should be better placed to try and establish the root cause.

Edited 1:39 GMT
Silirrion wrote:We will be restarting all dimensions at 03:50 our time (just over 10 minutes from now).

We are still in the process of trying to establish the cause of the issues tonight and are preparing to tweak some of the server configuration settings, however we can't be sure until things come back up whether this will fully resolve, or help with the current issue as we have yet to identify the cause.

The dimensions will be down for at least one hour, possibly more, but we will let you all know as soon as we have further details.
Last edited by Chrisax on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

Yeah, couldn't figure out why I couldn't log on...but 10 min has come and gone for me....so...yeah
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Edited 1:39 GMT
Silirrion wrote:We will be restarting all dimensions at 03:50 our time (just over 10 minutes from now).

We are still in the process of trying to establish the cause of the issues tonight and are preparing to tweak some of the server configuration settings, however we can't be sure until things come back up whether this will fully resolve, or help with the current issue as we have yet to identify the cause.

The dimensions will be down for at least one hour, possibly more, but we will let you all know as soon as we have further details.
Edited first post