NERF new patch

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

docksider wrote:
Chrisax wrote:LE is more a replacement/improvement for the existing PvP than anything else.
Please don't say its an improvement just yet

It is intended (so time will tell...) to be a positive addition/modification to the current PvP as in "towers wars", not as in "WA PvP". I don't believe that the changes in WA are a lot related to LE in fact; they are much more related to gameplay issues for real newcomers and many complaints that I saw too in some meetings with green names.

Now, I clearly expressed my opinion on the necessity of having a zone for "random instant" pvp as it existed in WA (but only since people got PvP flagged by hitting a guard, BTW) and I made one public proposal, and some less public. I'll try to pass the word to the right persons as much as I can.

As for Borealis... it's a stupid move and I have no idea of who did it and why (I'm not sure of how much of an influence Yngvild Lothe had really on that). As I said, so far, I -and some others who greatly helped- could only make the stance change from "it is set" to "clans could try something to reverse the situation so Borealis is neutral again" without any guarantee unfortunately. It will need more meetings about evants anyhow. :?
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

I'm begining to belive the reason for the sudden changes and the wipe on pvp is due to the release of LE...its FCs tactic to get people to purchase LE. I myself need more information on LE before I think about a purchase. Example...many purchased AI when it first came out and the comments from others was that AI was a joke, some improvements to AI have been made since, but still needs work.

I will add the one thing I love about LE is the fact you will be able to do alien missions. Though I'm sure like the cru missions there is a "cool-down" time, nerf.
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

The problem for new ppl in WA was never ever being ganked by omlets, FC should know this that is why i don't think it has anything to do with that.
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

i think what FC are talking about are about those who "NEW" to anarchy online...they see an NCP and decide to have a go at it hence they get flagged but don't relise it...so when they respawn there flagged and ppl attack them and don't understand why....
------------------------------------------------------
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

caveman wrote:i think what FC are talking about are about those who "NEW" to anarchy online...they see an NCP and decide to have a go at it hence they get flagged but don't relise it...so when they respawn there flagged and ppl attack them and don't understand why....
You don't respawn with flag, what has happened is that low twinks lvl 5-30 clan has said to players "target me and press Q" and there by fooling them to get flagged, NOT forced as Silirrion sugests, in about all lvls but lvl 5 someone always kills the ganker quite fast. I have never seen any omlet come and gank new players.

I have seen this at totw too but at that lvl you should be aware of of how stuff works.

None with the right mind "presses Q" more then one so i really can't see how this has ever been an issue.
Iqloo
Leet

Post by Iqloo »

I am unsure if this has already been said, but over Teamspeak - Angster guided me to the reasoning of the last patch..

So we will buy LE.

Well how will this cause us to buy LE you may inquire? Simple - They are taking out(Making it 100x more difficult for) the two most pvp centered areas, low level pvp in WA and pvp in Bor FT, so when LE comes out, people will be like "ZOMG PVP PLXXXX!!!" and buy it like a man in the desert would buy a 40$ bottle of water.

Sly devils those Funcom personell are...